And the journey begins...

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Hm.. i do close, sometimes dips but usually only feel it in my shoulder, i will have to try those reverse grips though

2. dips, close grip bench presses, skullcrushers, and French Presses.
    •   

3. i thought skull crushers were french press?

4. skull crushers are done with a bar while french presses are done with a dumbbell

5. Not exactly super lean right now, but just wanted to post an update pic, 189 currently
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    •   

6. well in that case, i did french presses today lol

7. back and delts are coming together. nice progress man.

8. Thanks man always nice to hear

9. it's looking good buddy. Keep up the good work!!!

10. Thanks bro, lets hope i can keep progressing

11. good progress trapstar, similar to my progress from age 20-22..

(i also wanted to point out that I think you misspelled something in your sig)

12. thanks man and thank you for pointing that out, lol live my live..

13. So i was doubting myself on my chest workout. i was just eating my dinner (avacodo with some meat and cheese) and i picked up my glass of milk and i felt my chest shaking! haha, pretty funny. Lookin like some DOMS for tomorrow is in store

14. good progress man, keep it up!

15. Thanks man!

16. I do legs on monday and then do back and bis on friday, what is your guys opinion on wich day i should do heavy dl?
    ALso, what are some good shoulder exersizes to really add some mass and some rear delts

17. Day 5
    Shoulder
    weight- 190

BB Mil press-95*5, 115*5, 115*5
    DB seat press-30*6, 40*6, 50*6, 55*5 (went up ALOT in these)
    Behind neck Pulldown- 70*12, 85*12, 100*12 (did want to go super heavy)
    Iso shoulder machine-35*8, 60*5, 70*5, 80*3 (huge increase)
    DB pront raises-15*8, 20*8, 25*8
    Rear delt raises-15*6, 20*6, 25*6
    Uprgiht rows- 60*10, 70*8, 90*8, 100*6 (Huge increase)
    So to sum it up in one word this workout was Incredible! i felt very strong on every lift i was doing and felt like my shoulders really took a beating. currently sitting here and still feel a little pump going on. we shall see how they feel tomorrow, great workout!

18. I had a question guys.. some guy at my gym told me that A. i dont need to do any trap exersizes (ie shrugs) andd that i should not work my shoulders, (just 4 different parts) on thursday, and do my back/bi workout on friday, i was wondering what you guys thought, i work my traps with my back

19. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    I do legs on monday and then do back and bis on friday, what is your guys opinion on wich day i should do heavy dl?
    ALso, what are some good shoulder exersizes to really add some mass and some rear delts
    Bent over laterals are great for the rear delt, or reverse pec deck. I have started face pulls because they work the rear delt and the back.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

20. Thanks for the advice bro, could you help me out with this too? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    I had a question guys.. some guy at my gym told me that A. i dont need to do any trap exersizes (ie shrugs) andd that i should not work my shoulders, (just 4 different parts) on thursday, and do my back/bi workout on friday, i was wondering what you guys thought, i work my traps with my back

21. I do not do shrugs but they are filling in, just got compliments today. They get worked pretty well on shoulder day and back day, but it is an individual thing.

My split is:
    Fri- Chest/biceps
    Sat- Back/Shoulders
    Sun- Legs/Triceps

and T or W I rotate hitting legs or back again
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

22. ya for sure man, how is your schedule working for ya?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    ya for sure man, how is your schedule working for ya?
    I like hitting certain parts like this. If I do chest/tris in same day the tris dont get hit as hard, same goes for back/bis. This way tris and bis are hit several days but without the focus on them.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

24. i would do your deadlifts on back day and try to go as heavy as possible. My traps actually started to grow just with alot of deadlifts. It's personal choice but i find that my traps grow fine from just deadlifts. Perhaps concentrate on deadlifts and then every other week throw in some shrugs. when i did do traps directly, i usually did them on shoulder day. hope i could help buddy.

25. thanks for the suggestions guys! also.. i am thinking about switching to like a mass building workout split.. not sure what it would look like. all i do know is i am not gaining **** with the 5 day split. and no strngth at all.. its rediculous and very frusterating i dont understand what i am doing wrong

26. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    I had a question guys.. some guy at my gym told me that A. i dont need to do any trap exersizes (ie shrugs) andd that i should not work my shoulders, (just 4 different parts) on thursday, and do my back/bi workout on friday, i was wondering what you guys thought, i work my traps with my back
    that's crazy talk!

i work my back/bi's together like you do, and throw in rear delt work, because its really adding in one more exercise. also, for chest/tri's, i throw in my front and mid delts (two more exercises). if you're doing secondary work anyways (pairing back and biceps), you might as well hit the other secondary muscle (rear delts). same for chest/tri's. that was the advice given to me, and its paying off.

training traps is the only way to build them. shy of really heavy deadlifts (when you train to absolute failure), there's nothing else that will get your traps to grow. i see where he's coming from though.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    thanks for the suggestions guys! also.. i am thinking about switching to like a mass building workout split.. not sure what it would look like. all i do know is i am not gaining **** with the 5 day split. and no strngth at all.. its rediculous and very frusterating i dont understand what i am doing wrong
    are you taking in pre and post workout carbs and protein?

28. before i lift i eat usually a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, after i just eat supper and what not

29. Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    before i lift i eat usually a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, after i just eat supper and what not
    hrm. adding in 120g of carbs and 35-50g of protein pre and post workout is when i noticed the most gains. i don't know how this will apply to you. you could easily hit this with two jelly sandwiches and a scoop of protein.

30. i will have to start trying that see if it makes a noticble difference. also dude i am having just the toughest time adding any strength or size to my lifts i dont know what i am doing wrong bro!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The S4 LOG BEGINS!!!
    By oogaly_boogal in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 04:28 PM
  2. The Journey Begins [Recoverpro & Maniac]
    By Santa89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
  3. And the journey begins... part II
    By Trapstar in forum Cycle Info