Space's No Cheat Marathon

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
This will be my first log here on AM and I decided to log this cut because I am planning to test my discipline to the limit by seeing how many consecutive days I can diet without cheating. I'm hoping the support of people on this board and my commitment to this log will help me achieve a new personal record for how many days I can diet without cheating.

My regular diet consists of:

Meal 1: Oatmeal (1 cup) & Casein (1 serve)

Meal 2: Tuna Sandwich w/ dairy spread

Meal 3: Tuna Sandwich w/ dairy spread

Meal 4: Chicken Breast, Lentils, Steamed Vegetables, Instant Soup

Meal 5: Oatmeal (1/2 cup) & Casein (1 serve)

The macronutrient breakdown is 47%/37%/16% (187 g Carbs/150 g Protein/30 g Fat) with a total of 1660 calories.

My current stats are 193 pounds and approximately 20% BF. I usually maintain between 10-12% BF without any effort but have difficulty sustaining <10% BF for more than a matter of weeks. I put this down to a lack of discipline and during this cut I am hoping to learn the skills of discipline so I can maintain my desired weight once I achieve it.

If anybody has any feedback on my diet to share I am more than happy to discuss.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1

1 day without cheating.

193 pounds and 187.5 cm waist.

1660 calories consumed.

1294 calories burned.

Today was a good start with no hunger cravings despite being so far under maintenance. I did a 3.25 hour walk after breakfast and burned 989 calories and ran 15 minutes on the treadmill burning 305 calories. I would have run longer but I have been experiencing exercise headaches lately and I quit as soon as I feel the headache start because they tend to last for hours and aspirin doesn't help.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 2

2 days without cheating

next check in day 7

1660 calories consumed

1419 calories burnt

Didn't feel too hungry today though I felt quite exhausted. I walked for 3 1/2 hours in the morning after breakfast and ran 15 minutes before bed. I feel I could have run longer but I am going to take it easy on running until my exercise headaches have gone. So far I am feeling very motivated and can't wait till I hit 7 days without cheating. I'm aiming for strict discipline without any discrepancies and so far everything has been by the numbers. I decided I would check in every week rather than weigh and measure myself every day because daily weight fluctuations making gauging performance frustrating.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1600 calories at 193 lbs?!?!?!?

What is your workout like? Cardio? Weights?

Dont drop wt too fast with the low cals, you will def start to lose muscle as well. I would def increase the protein intake. My cut macros are 40 p/30 c/30 f at 2600 cal/day and I am 5-7 160 lbs

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
1600 calories at 193 lbs?!?!?!?

What is your workout like? Cardio? Weights?

Dont drop wt too fast with the low cals, you will def start to lose muscle as well. I would def increase the protein intake. My cut macros are 40 p/30 c/30 f at 2600 cal/day and I am 5-7 160 lbs
I hear what your saying with the calories being too low. But I am in a hurry to lose weight before I start work again on the 1st of February. I have to fit into my old uniform unless I want to go through the hassle of buying a new one. I am thinking of throwing in 10 mg of M-drol ED next week to stop any catabolism.

My cardio has been intense, doing an average of 3hrs walking in the morning and 15 minutes of running at night. As far as my workout is concerned I do full body workouts 1 set each body part. A lot of people would think I'm doing this all wrong but I have been reading sports science journals that suggest 1 set a body part is all that's necessary for maximum hypertrophy. I've seen a few IFFB pros who also use this single set approach through admittedly they don't use that approach while cutting preferring to increase the sets when cutting for the fat burning edge.

I might increase calories to 1800 next week pending how I weigh in and measure on day 7. I am also thinking of cutting down the cardio to 20 minutes of fasted running on workout days because I'm seriously exhausted when I hit the gym.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's got to be a better/safer way to combat catabolism other than Mdrol! Heck, sip on some BCAAs.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
There's got to be a better/safer way to combat catabolism other than Mdrol! Heck, sip on some BCAAs.
Maybe your right. Perhaps I should just be more patient and increase the calories to something reasonable like 2200.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 3

3 days without cheating.

Next check in day 7

1660 calories consumed

1261 calories burnt

Today I went for another 3 hour walk in the morning after breakfast. I am beginning to get blisters from walking around the city like a roman legionnaire but I just strapped them up and walked through it. Went for a run after dinner, only 15 minutes. I think my excercise headaches are beginning to subside which is a good thing. Will only know tomorrow when I hit the weights.

Thanks to sky for the reality check, I plan to increase calories to 2200 per a day. It's very tempting to reduce calories to hurry the weight loss process along but I really want to preserve the muscle I made on my last bulk and there is no point getting impatient and losing all I worked hard for. I've abandoned the idea of using M-drol for this cut also. It's tempting to resort to extreme measures to gain rapid results but that wasn't the point of this log anyhow. Virtually everybody agrees M-drol is best left for a bulk anyhow.

My reason for starting this log was really to test my discipline, persistence and consistency. My goal is to make 5 weeks without a cheat meal and while I'm unsure whether I am going to be able to do this just 2 weeks of strict dieting without any lapses of discipline will be a milestone for me.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you weight training? That will definitely help. I also have been doing a morning fasted cardio: just a protein drink to prevent catabolism, NO CARBS or SUGARS. In addition I take 2 Neovar which is creatine and banaba extract for nutrient partitioning. It has been shown to increase fat oxidation if not provided the carbs. I do get headaches from this but then I get home and have breakfast: oatmeal, egg whites.

Keep up the discipline, if I can go all of Jan without cheat meals, ice cream, cookies, wine then so can you. I have a case of Mothers cookies that are no longer sold, they are waiting for me in my freezer. I have to wait til Feb but they'll be there.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 4

4 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096 (45% 234 g Carbs/38% 192 g Protein/17% 37.5 g fat)

Meal 1: Oatmeal (1 cup) & Casein (1 serve)
Meal 2: Tuna Sandwich w/ dairy spread
Meal 3: Tuna Sandwich w/ dairy spread
Meal 4: Tuna Sandwich w/ dairy spread
Meal 5: Tuna Sandwich w/ dairy spread
Meal 6: Chicken Breast, Lentils, Steamed Vegetables, Instant Soup
Meal 7: Oatmeal (1/2 cup) & Casein (1 serve)

Calories burnt 789

Cardio:
90 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x11
Bicep Curl 44x8
Dumbbell Military Press 38.5x11
Lat Pull Down 121x10
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 22x10
Forearm Curl 44x9
Dips 15
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x14

Today was my first day lifting weights while dieting. Increasing calories and decreasing cardio really helped in the energy department and got me through the workout. I was very tempted to cheat today after being stranded in the city having to wait till I got home to eat. So many goodies from the gourmet bakery looked appetizing, but I decided to take control and wait till I got home for a tuna sandwhich. Workout went well with no loss of strength in any exercises.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
Are you weight training? That will definitely help. I also have been doing a morning fasted cardio: just a protein drink to prevent catabolism, NO CARBS or SUGARS. In addition I take 2 Neovar which is creatine and banaba extract for nutrient partitioning. It has been shown to increase fat oxidation if not provided the carbs. I do get headaches from this but then I get home and have breakfast: oatmeal, egg whites.

Keep up the discipline, if I can go all of Jan without cheat meals, ice cream, cookies, wine then so can you. I have a case of Mothers cookies that are no longer sold, they are waiting for me in my freezer. I have to wait til Feb but they'll be there.
Weight training whats that? :) Of course I train weights, I just haven't got around to logging it yet because my training day hadn't come by yet. I've tried fasted cardio but it's damn hard to hit the treadmill when your that hungry in the morning. Once work starts again I won't have the time for 3 hr walks and will try to do fasted cardio again.

I know what you mean about the cookies, thats what broke my last diet! Some relatives sent some homebaked cookies that were just too good to refuse and completely ruined my diet. Now I have some ice cream starring me down in the freezer but I won't eat it and I'm having dreams of breaking my diet at night as I sleep now :p

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 5

5 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

(45% 234 g Carbs/38% 192 g Protein/17% 37.5 g fat)

Calories burnt 1340

Cardio:
195 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Fifth day of perfect dieting and so far it's working! Energy levels are ok considering I am going so much cardio. I have some concerns about the cardio wasting muscle, but it's only walking and the run is intense but only for 15 minutes. I have a feeling the scales are going to be way down when I weigh in on day 7 but I haven't lost any strength so far.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 6

6 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 710

Cardio:
75 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x10
Bicep Curl 44x9
Lat Pull Down 121x10
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x4
Dips 13
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x14

Saw a 1 rep decrease on some lifts today and I am hoping this is just normal variance between workouts because I'm trying really hard to preserve the muscle from my last bulk. Had to fight myself to do my 15 minute run today because the heat and humidity was killer, but I decided consistency is key here and I have been very consistent so far and I wouldn't want to spoil anything.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 7

7 days without cheating.

182 pounds 83.5 cm waist

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1339

Cardio:
255 minutes walk

Checked in today and my weight has dropped by 11 pounds and waist has shrunk by 4 cm. But 11 pounds of weight loss doesn't sound right. I was expecting to lose 5 pounds, but 10 pounds is too much to lose in the space of a week. Even taking into account the high volume cardio I have been doing, I have averaged 1165 calories burnt a week, enough to account for just over 2 pounds. I suppose it could be mostly water weight.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 8

8 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 891

Cardio:
180 minutes walk

Weights:
Bench Press 165x9
Bicep Curl 44x8
Lat Pull Down 121x10
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 38.5x14
Dips 15
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x14

Saw another 1 rep decrease on some lifts today. This is a concern and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to slow down my progress, so I think I will wait a week and see before I adjust my program. Diet seems spot on, the only problem would be the amount of cardio I am doing.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 9

9 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1163

Cardio:
235 minutes walk

Twisted my ankle while walking today, it was good to walk on for 3 hrs but once I stopped walking it swelled up and I can barely move it now. So I skipped my 15 minute run and may continue to skip it because I am concerned about losing weight too fast. I guess it's a wait and see thing.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 10

0 days without cheating.

Calories consumed >3000

Calories burnt 445

Cardio:
90 minutes walk

Weights:
Bench Press 165x10
Bicep Curl 44x8
Lat Pull Down 121x10
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 15
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x14

Today was Australia day and I went to a BBQ with my parents who insisted I eat with them. I only ate clean food; lamb chops, baked potato, bread and salad and refrained from eating anything sweet. A lot of people wouldn't consider this a cheat but it's not part of the diet I have stuck to for the past 10 days and essentially a lapse of dieting discipline. On the plus side I didn't use this "cheat meal" as an excuse to do more damage and eat any unclean food. But there goes my record, back to square 1.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 11

1 day without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1089

Cardio:
220 minutes walk

Haven't been running while my ankle heals, but continuing on the the walking. Right back onto the diet after Australia day.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 12

2 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 447

Cardio:
20 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x10
Bicep Curl 44x8
Lat Pull Down 121x10
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 15
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x14

Almost broke discipline and bought a pastry at the gourmet bakery today, but I reminded myself that I have to keep discipline strong and resisted. Ankle almost healed so I did my run today, cardio is getting much easier, must be the weight loss.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 13

3 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1709

Cardio:
285 minutes walk
15 minutes run

High cardio day today, trying to keep my numbers up for the weekly average. Sitting on 1012 calories burned on average this week so far.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good, Space! I'm joining late. I didn't see you had a log running. Post some progress photos!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 14

4 days without cheating.

179 pounds and 84 cm waist

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 735

Cardio:
90 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x11
Bicep Curl 44x9
Lat Pull Down 121x11
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 22x11
Forearm Curl 44x8
Dips 15
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x16

I weighed in today at 179 pounds today. Lost 3 pounds this week which is good progress. I should get some photos taken, but I have no camera. Might check in with the parents and see if they have one.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're losing weight very quickly! I'd increase my calories to prevent any muscle wasting from occurring. You've lost 1lb a day in the past two weeks. I'd increase your fat intake also. I found out about almond butter this afternoon and just got some then. It's really nice. You can just eat it out of the jar with a spoon. I had no idea Coles stocked it. I wonder how long it's been there without me knowing.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 15

5 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1664

Cardio:
280 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Thanks for the advice cub. But I am very conscientious about muscle wasting and I am looking at my strength stats carefully to ensure I don't lose muscle. So far strength has increase marginally and I only lost 3 pounds last week so I think my calories are just about right. I have no idea what happened in the first week though!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 16

6 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1247

Cardio:
255 minutes walk

Missed my evening run because I went to the cinema to watch Valkyrie, it's a good movie.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 17

7 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 881

Cardio:
120 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x11
Bicep Curl 44x10
Lat Pull Down 121x12
Tricep Pushdown 121x11
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 22x12
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 16
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x15

Strength increased by a rep on most of my lifts this week, which is very good considering I'm losing weight so fast. This diet must be the winner.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 18

8 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 979

Cardio:
140 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Rained today so I couldn't do my long walk. Rain didn't stop me from trying but I slipped in the wet and grazed my knee and had enough.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 19

9 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 979

Cardio:
140 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x11
Bicep Curl 44x11
Dumbbell Military Press 38.5x12
Lat Pull Down 121x13
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 15
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x13

Gaining strength on some of my key lifts! This is a very good sign because I am doing so much cardio and below maintenance, most would expect me to be wasting away by now! Just proves don't be afraid to experiment.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 20

10 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1615

Cardio:
270 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Beginning to tire of the same dinner night after night, but I am going to stick with it. So far this diet has been an incredible success, shaping up to be my best cut ever! 20 days and only 1 cheat meal with all clean food and I am losing weight very rapidly while gaining strength!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 21

11 days without cheating.

177 pounds and 83 cm waist

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 686

Cardio:
80 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x11
Bicep Curl 44x12
Lat Pull Down 121x12
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 16
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x16

Only lost 2 pounds this week so weight loss is beginning to level off a bit. Suffice to say things are going along at a steady rate and I am happy so far.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 22

12 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1073

Cardio:
160 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Well I am on a new record streak for days without cheating. Today I resisted pizza for dinner despite everybody else having some. It smelled really good too!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 23

13 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1692

Cardio:
290 minutes walk
15 minutes run

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It gets easier over time if you have a goal, good job. I remember that same feeling . . . 1 mini candy wont hurt, but that lets your guard down and then you are weakened. Do get your cheat meals in for sanity's sake, it wont kill you . . . if you dont get one you may want to kill someone!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 24

14 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 871

Cardio:
120 minutes walk
15 minutes run

2 weeks of perfect dieting discipline! This is a new record for me and I am becoming more confident in my dieting discipline. Thanks for the feedback sky, I think I'll save up my cheat meal for a special occasion like dining out rather than buying a tub of ice cream and going nuts :) If I can keep up at this rate for 10 more weeks I am sure to reach my goal!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 25

15 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1595

Cardio:
270 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Planning on going out to dinner on the weekend, so the record is going to be 19 or so days. I'm pretty proud of the way things have gone so far. I'm contemplating reducing calories by 200 next week, but we will see how things go at weigh in.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 26

16 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 533

Cardio:
50 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x10
Bicep Curl 44x12
Dumbbell Military Press 38.5x10
Lat Pull Down 121x11
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 16
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x16

Strength is down today. I hope today was just a bad day because I was gaining strength up until recently and I haven't changed my diet. I'm beginning to rethink reducing calories next week now.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 27

17 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1595

Cardio:
270 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Diet is beginning to get tiresome and everywhere I go I have people offering me food! But thus far I have maintained discipline and am planning on going out to dinner Saturday, it'll be a treat!

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 28

0 days without cheating.

Calories consumed >3500

Calories burnt 191

Cardio:
40 minutes walk

Weights:
Bench Press 165x11
Bicep Curl 44x12
Lat Pull Down 121x11
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 16
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x16

I planned to only have a cheat meal but I broke all discipline and had a cheat day unfortunately. I ate a lot of junkfood and only later did I realise how much it would set me back! I can only learn from this experience, not to let discipline lapse just because I plan to indulge a little. On the upside strength returned a little. Last workout must have just been a bad workout.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 29

0 days without cheating.

Calories consumed >3500

Calories burnt 191

Cardio:
40 minutes walk

Went to the valentines day buffet at a Greek restaurant and ruined my diet again. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 30

1 day without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1595

Cardio:
270 minutes walk
15 minutes run

First day back on diet. Cardio was a breeze today, most likely due to being on a full tank after 2 days of indulgence.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 31

2 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 726

Cardio:
90 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x12
Bicep Curl 44x13
Dumbbell Military Press 38.5x13
Lat Pull Down 121x13
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 16
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x16

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 32

3 day without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 1740

Cardio:
300 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
DAY 33

4 days without cheating.

Calories consumed 2096

Calories burnt 484

Cardio:
40 minutes walk
15 minutes run

Weights:
Bench Press 165x102
Bicep Curl 44x12
Lat Pull Down 121x12
Tricep Pushdown 121x10
Forearm Curl 44x10
Dips 16
Knee Raise 36
Cable Crunch 165x16

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whats your overall wt loss so far? Good cardio sessions. Do you do those pre/post workout or is there some time separation between the sessions?

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
Whats your overall wt loss so far? Good cardio sessions. Do you do those pre/post workout or is there some time separation between the sessions?
Well it seems I have lost approximately 10 pounds so far. It's difficult to tell for certain because of fluid fluctuations and gut contents, but I have consistently lost 2.5 pounds a week since I started.

As far as cardio is concerned I do the walk in the morning after breakfast and the run at night before bed. I reduce the amount of walking I do on lifting days because otherwise I have no energy to lift. I generally lift after midday so there is usually 6 hours between my walk, lifting and the run.

It's all working fairly good so far, but I am going to have to change the way I do things soon because work and study are about to begin and I'm going to be challenged for time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Gothat3rs General Chat 13
Punkrocker Pro Bodybuilding 11
Space Workout Logs 15
Space Weight Loss 0