Future's Journal

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Future

Saturday training is great because I can sleep in and also have a couple days off from training. Work is so busy that hitting the gym on Tuesday and Thursday during the work week is enough. So it's almost enjoyable to training on Saturday. Less stressful. I can go at whatever pace I like. No pressure to hurry up and finish so I can get my butt to work.

Tami and I walked into Gold's around 2:30pm. NICE! One of my friends was finishing up his squat workout. He is a truck. The guy has shoulders and back as wide as a barn. He is a firefighter/emt too. Really cool guy. He finished up repping out with 545 on squats and then we chatted. I could tell I was getting too chatty with my DARK RAGE kicking in. He was "shifty" so I could see he needed to get going. He politely said he had a guild meeting to get to. I gave him a puzzled look. He could see my cluelessness and said , ..."for WOW?" I still had the same dumb look possibly dumber. "World of Warecraft?" LIGHT BULB! I laughed, "So you are one of those nerds?" He said it was alot of fun for him and a nice way to unwind. I was immediately hoping my friend realized I was just teasing. Hey, I still watch cartoons. So my friend took off to finish his training and I started to hunker down with my lifting journal, jam to my SLIPKNOT station on SLACKER and do my active warm ups.

LET'S GO!

Started off with neutral grip chins. Love this exercise and it seems to really work my back while using my biceps too.

Neutral grip chins:

Bodyweight + 35 x 3 reps x 10 sets

**60 sec rest between sets**

I was much stronger and more explosive on this exercise. I like that this is a less demanding way to start my training but really gets my momentum to steam roll the rest of my workout.

2a. JM Press on Smith

I switched to a heavier smith but it doesnt stick so it was great. I felt alot of tricep work but nothing on my shoulder which was awesome. My sets were fast and explosive with great control.

245x 6 reps x 4 sets

2b. Alternating Dumbel Curls

I am needing to warm up my shoulder and wrists a bit more for this. Maybe some band work next time. I felt some achiness in my shoulders on these.

55 x 6 reps x 4 sets

2a & 2b were supersetted with 60 seconds to rest between rounds.

THE BIG FINISH!

This seems to really get me. Tough series but I was determined. As I was loading up the hack squat I was getting more enraged and determined. I was going to do what I do. Nothing was gonna stop me!

3a. Seated Toe Raises

180 x 6 reps x 4 sets

**Felt ok on my leg**

3b. Seated Ham Curls (Hammer Strength)

115 x 6 reps x 4 sets

**Maybe a little too heavy. I don't like how it makes me sorta arch so will try the seat belt next time**

3c. Hack Squats

This exercise is mine. Talk about moving some iron!

1000 x 6 reps x 4 sets

This was just stupid easy. Felt great. It was also nice because my wife was watching so showing off is always nice at that point. I think she was Facebook the whole time though and missed it. LOL

Sweaty, chalky and a little bloody...I sat down beside my bride to suck down more water. Good session! Now time to put all this weight away.

Torn calf is doing ok.

2. big lifts bro... subd

you running anything or natural ?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
    •   

3. Future

Thanks.

Clean. Gave that life up. Spiritual decision.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Thanks.

i respect that..... no trt?
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
  5. Future

30 min sLow cardio, foam rolll, stretch...
  6. Future

[YOUTUBE]z6D6WYegfpU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]S9APIshTUx0[/YOUTUBE]
  7. Future

Gonna compete in Bros vs Pros at the new Metroflex in Phoenix Aug 28. 405 squat rep challenge. Going for 35-40 reps.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Gonna compete in Bros vs Pros at the new Metroflex in Phoenix Aug 28. 405 squat rep challenge. Going for 35-40 reps.
    lmao 405 for 40

9. Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

10. Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

11. Future

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lmao 405 for 40
    Well I can do 25 raw right now. So add knee wraps, their version of parallel and a few weeks do work on conditioning...its plausible.
  12. Future

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Thanks
  13. Future

Back to it:

Monday
    Bench press
    280x3
    320x3
    365x8
    425x1 paused

Pull ups, stretch

14. Congrats on the Olympia meet bubba! National records are something to be proud of.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  15. Future

Thanks man.
  16. Future

Behind a little. Sick...blah.

Monday: Bench Works

Bench Press
    45x10
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    385x3
    435x1 paused
    475x1 paused w/ slingshot
    495x1 paused w/slingshot

Dips
    Bwt x 10 x 2
    +90x 10 x 3

Blast Strap Decline Pushups
    Bwt x 10 x 4

Dumbell Upright row
    40 x 10 x 3

Foam rolled and stretched.

Preworkout: Dark Rage
    Postworkout: Dark Matter
  17. Future

GPP work today in the form of modified crossfit session. Lungs are still a little fubar but doing ok.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Future
    Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking... How long ago and what was it like at first? Also as the other guy asked, does that include trt? I may disagree with you on some spiritaul issues but I respect anyone that actually lives their life in an effort to stay true to their beliefs. So much props to you. I hope this is a subject you are proud of and not hesitant to talk about. Maybe you have but I have not seen you mention this on intensemuscle so maybe its something you don't really talk about but I also have never read your whole journal.
    Best of luck with your decision. Again, I respect you being true to your beliefs.
    Peace.
    When you leave this world, will it be a better place because you were here?
  19. Future

Quote Originally Posted by dunhill225 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking... How long ago and what was it like at first? Also as the other guy asked, does that include trt? I may disagree with you on some spiritaul issues but I respect anyone that actually lives their life in an effort to stay true to their beliefs. So much props to you. I hope this is a subject you are proud of and not hesitant to talk about. Maybe you have but I have not seen you mention this on intensemuscle so maybe its something you don't really talk about but I also have never read your whole journal.
    Best of luck with your decision. Again, I respect you being true to your beliefs.
    Peace.
    No I don't really talk about it. Makes a target for people that say you lie etc etc. Recovery is something I am very diligent with. I have to be at the level I am. I hurt alot so I get alot of massage, foam role and use any other recovery tool including supplements that are over the counter from MHP. I live on glutamine peptides and bcaas.

20. Well I respect your views. Subject is closed to me.

Oh and damn good lifting man.

21. Nice log man!!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  22. Future

Thanks guys. I'm comfortable in my skin which hasn't always been the case. I focus on my training because that is all I can control. Who is doing what in any area shouldn't concern me which just leads to jealousy and pettiness. One thing I love about powerlifting is everyone cheers for each other.
  23. Future

I love Thursdays training because its more light hearted than most of my big 3 sessions. I was able to work on some overhead pressing movements standing. I like the strict press but will spend some time this offseason with Olympic lifting as well to increase my explosiveness etc while using some modified Crossfit work.

The pressing was fine where I did a nice 205x5 which felt great on my shoulders and bad elbow. What really excited me was doing 120 for 10 reps on the incline press. I generally don't push my assistance work to failure when getting ready for a meet so the 120 could have been 30 reps. Should felt really good.

Training is really started to kick it up getting closer to World's. I will be testing myself with some heavier training this week. Videos will be sure to follow.

24. Best of luck man.

How's your body wt? I could be wrong but didn't you do the 275s at like 260 or something last time? Are you trying to get up to and push the wt limit or are you just going "I'm gonna do the best I can at whatever I weigh"

Sorry if my memory is off about the wt but for some reason I keep remembering you being a light 275er.
  25. Future

Yeah I am a light 275er. I have tried to push my weight up but doesnt seem to work.

26. Just wanted to say that was a nice thing you did for the gym you train at. Unless its one of the "names" (like metroplex or bevs gym or whatever) few guys endorse where they train.

Again just wanted to say I thought it was cool of you to do that.
  27. Future

28. Nice that you were providing some motivational drive for the kid next to you curling an empty EZ bar! Lol
    All kidding aside...solid reps big man!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  29. Future

LOL thanks

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Similar Forum Threads

1. my journal
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
  2. Operation Offseason: Future's Journal
    By Future in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 06:18 PM