Future's Journal

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

What is a "squeezer" btw? From your back day on page 1.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

2. Future

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvKRq5xZK8w"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.47%

I always called those straight arm pulldowns. But squeezers sound more painful.
    ForeRunner Labs

•   

4. Future

Yeah I was corrected eventually but the name stuck.

Elbow is a little better so I am back at it this week.
  5. Future

Last night it became clear that the one time I can ALWAYS count on to train is early. So I am gonna be training at 430-500 am now. Because of my depleted stated I will be training more HIT as well.

Preworkout out: BC+EAA and Anadraulic State

Cardio: Warmup 5 min

1. Incline Dumbell Press
    70x15
    90x8
    130x11+2+1

2. Dumbell Incline Flyes
    90x12+5+3

3. Dumbell Front Raises
    25x12
    50x7+3+2

4. Dumbell Laterals
    50x9+4+3

5. Pushdowns w/ vbar (HEAVY machine)
    50x12
    70x8
    90x8
    110x15+6+5

6. Rev Tricep Ext
    strip x fail
  6. Future

430 am I hear that annoying chime creeping into my dreams. I thought it was a cool dream. Something about dinosaurs or something. I slowly lay there thinking that was REALLY not long since I went to bed. Tami was sound asleep. I quietly grabbed my clothes to be greeted by a hungry and eager kitten named Chunk. I'm starting to think he just loves me for the food.

I went downstairs and have a scoop of Anadraulic State. I went through messages for a bit and then it was off to train.

1. Calf Ext on Leg Press (one leg)
    Sled + 90x15
    ***started sipping my BC-EAA from LG Sciences
    Sled + 270x10
    Sled + 450x8

2. Seated Toe Raises
    180x9+5+3
    **for having no food my calves were pumped like crazy!

3. Donkey Calf Raises
    Ok, I have a parallel leg press. I basically adjust my hips slightly and then I lean forward. This mimics the motion of a donkey calf raise. Sometimes you have to be creative when you are training.

4. Stiff Leg Deads
    225x10
    **the next three sets are done with no rest**
    315x8
    405x8
    495x6

5. Lying Ham curls
    100x12x7

6. One Leg Press
    sled +270x12
    sled +630x6

7. Hacks
    Sled +180x12x7

8. One Leg Ext
    180x10
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

At 4:30am I would have considered the chime a nightmare! Oh and is it possible for a cat to love you for anything BUT food?!
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.47%

Future....where did you go?
    ForeRunner Labs

9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Future....where did you go?
    LOL they just made the long trek to Arizona. So I imgine he is unpacking and settling in!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.47%

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    LOL they just made the long trek to Arizona. So I imgine he is unpacking and settling in!
    Ahh Thanks Crader!
    ForeRunner Labs

11. Future

Actually yes.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.59%

Looking good!
  13. Future

My before and after

Started at 285...down to almost 255 and 4% bf.
  14. Future

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Looking good!
    Just kidding! Thanks.
  15. Future

Act now. Opportunities do not wait for conditions to be perfect. Persist in your efforts. Make all of your work count for something by seeing it through to the finish. Be thankful for the challenges and enjoy working through them for they are where the real value is created.
  16. Future

Long time since written in this.

Powerlifting now. Just recently tore my calf. Rehabbing. Doing ok.

17. Future

Back at it tomorrow. Started working with TNT Nutrition here in AZ.
  18. Future

Yesterday I wondered into Gold's to hit a session. I was not sure what to expect with my dieting or even the health issues I have had. But I need to get healthier so my progress is only as good as my consistent effort.

I am still wanting to lift heavy but with lower calories and injuries I am focusing on the total tonnage of my training versus just brute strength sets.

I took my preworkout drink of Dark Rage. That helped get me going!

1. Neutral Grip Chins
    Bodyweight+25 lbs x 3 reps x 10 sets

I chalked up a little bit for these. My focus was on not overstretching at the bottom to protect my shoulder while pulling upward as fast as possible. It went great...for about 8 sets. LOL Then I was beat. I easily finished all my sets but not with the same gusto as when I started. I will move up to 30 lbs next week.

2a. JM Presses on Smith Machine super set with 2b. alternating dumbell curls
    225x 6 reps x 4 sets & 50 x 6 reps for 4 sets

I warmed up a little but my shoulder girdle was pretty much ready to go after the chins. Everything felt good but my left shoulder did feel some pressure. I might consider using a high density stability ball to see if it helps my shoulder pain. Biceps were...well...biceps. I was fine with them but felt more pulling on my shoulder. More rehab and time to foam roll and increase my mobility will help I hope.

FINALLY I get to my favorite area...LOWER BODY! Plus I was looking forward to hitting my Dark Matter right after.

Lower body started with seated calf raises then moving to seated ham curls and finally hack squats. Everything was easy and with little strain on my calf.

3a. Seated Calf Raises to 3b. Seated Ham Curls to 3c. Hack Squats
    135 x 6 reps x 4 sets to 70 x 6 reps to 4 sets to 860 x 6 reps x 4 sets

I am going to keep with this format and tempo. It was challenging but I actually felt pretty good afterwards. Elbows and shoulders feel ok.
  19. Future

Woke up at the early and angering 4 am to stumble around listening to my cat Izzy wanting me to pet her. She has this thing about bugging me when I have to pee. The "throne" is good alone time but no Izzy has to crowd me. Can't I just "go" in peace? Apparently not. I obliged her with a couple of belly rubs and back scratches.

I have this great ability to see in the dark and hear very well. Part bat? Not sure but I managed to walk into the kitchen without a hitch manuvering a million of my wife's shows, toys from pets and pets themselves that think I exist to soley fill their dishes with more food.

I pull out my trusty water bottle...filled it with Dark Rage...then with gross Tucson water...but hey...Dark Rage makes it all better. It's like the salsa of preworkout drinks.

Next is the looming task of waking my wife. My annoying ringer on my Android alarm didn't even make her stir. Hmmm....what would this morning bring? ALWAYS BEWARE THE SLEEPING GIANT! Well, she was up and making the bed...and naked. I stood taking it all in (thank you God for my eye sight in the dark!). She's is my bride.

Bags were packed for the day. Work bags, workout bags, clothing bags and lunch bags were all packed and sitting by the door. Tami was off getting ready in the bathroom. She was quiet. NOT A GOOD SIGN. So I sheepishly poked my face in the bathroom and asked if she needed help. She asked me to get her lunch ready after letting me know what she wanted...plus I added some Dark Matter for post workout...and Pop Tarts.

I had sign up the the PREMIUM version of SLACKER radio. Say what you want but the name alone is way cooler than PANDORA...which always makes me think of that annoying Sargeant from AVATAR anyway.

Ok...workout written out? CHECK!

Headphones? CHECK!

Keys? CHECK!

I finished feeding Chloe and Lycan. I sat out on the deck with them while I sipped my Dark Rage. Ahhhh! Peaceful. The air was actually sorta cool. Very nice. This was my calm before the storm where I do what I do best...unleash some righteous indignation on the metal!

Tami and I headed to Gold's. She was still sleepy but willing to get her but in the gym while so many slept away the best time of the day.

Training for me has been tough over the last 6 months. I have moved some great weights for myself but the injuries and Valley Fever have been tough to beat. My training is about not giving up but knowing my limits. I have focused on total tonnage while moving at a faster pace. I am able to still build muscle and strength while letting things heal. I am also working to get leaner as well so this is something I think is the best plan for me.

Here we go...........

1. Floor Presses (Smith Machine)

I wish this was actually a smoother machine but it was pretty hard. If not for my shoulder I think I should have tried just free bar pressing instead. It was still ok but not ideal.

135x20

225x5

315x3x10 *60 seconds rest*

2a. Romanians with Safety Squat Bar

I like the thicker bar while working my grip with the double overhand. Felt great.

+270x6x4

2b. Swiss Bar Overhead Presses

Wow this was tough. My shoulder is weak but this is what I need to improve: GET BACK TO OVERHEAD PRESSES.

+140x6x4

*60 seconds rest on superset*

3a. Calf Raises

Stack (400)x6x4

Weak but made it with no pain! I will take that.

3b. Dumbell Upright Rows

55x6x4

3c. Overhead Tricep Extension (Smith)

+90x6x4

Was not sure if I would like this but my shoulder was fine and so was my bad elbow. It's a keeper for now anyway.

I made it through the session, huffing and puffing like a dying whale, but I made it. I weighed in at 258 which is about normal lately. My nutrition guy has me stabilized at here and it seems we are just seeing what the cardio along with lifting does for me physically. Energy is overall good and my strength is steadily moving up.

I stood outside of Gold's with my hatch of the Vibe up happily mixing my Dark Matter and started sipping it down. AH! Love that stuff. A while later I had some Pop Tarts, Up Your Mass with whole milk and a little more water. All in all a great way to start my day.
  20. Future

Saturday training is great because I can sleep in and also have a couple days off from training. Work is so busy that hitting the gym on Tuesday and Thursday during the work week is enough. So it's almost enjoyable to training on Saturday. Less stressful. I can go at whatever pace I like. No pressure to hurry up and finish so I can get my butt to work.

Tami and I walked into Gold's around 2:30pm. NICE! One of my friends was finishing up his squat workout. He is a truck. The guy has shoulders and back as wide as a barn. He is a firefighter/emt too. Really cool guy. He finished up repping out with 545 on squats and then we chatted. I could tell I was getting too chatty with my DARK RAGE kicking in. He was "shifty" so I could see he needed to get going. He politely said he had a guild meeting to get to. I gave him a puzzled look. He could see my cluelessness and said , ..."for WOW?" I still had the same dumb look possibly dumber. "World of Warecraft?" LIGHT BULB! I laughed, "So you are one of those nerds?" He said it was alot of fun for him and a nice way to unwind. I was immediately hoping my friend realized I was just teasing. Hey, I still watch cartoons. So my friend took off to finish his training and I started to hunker down with my lifting journal, jam to my SLIPKNOT station on SLACKER and do my active warm ups.

LET'S GO!

Started off with neutral grip chins. Love this exercise and it seems to really work my back while using my biceps too.

Neutral grip chins:

Bodyweight + 35 x 3 reps x 10 sets

**60 sec rest between sets**

I was much stronger and more explosive on this exercise. I like that this is a less demanding way to start my training but really gets my momentum to steam roll the rest of my workout.

2a. JM Press on Smith

I switched to a heavier smith but it doesnt stick so it was great. I felt alot of tricep work but nothing on my shoulder which was awesome. My sets were fast and explosive with great control.

245x 6 reps x 4 sets

2b. Alternating Dumbel Curls

I am needing to warm up my shoulder and wrists a bit more for this. Maybe some band work next time. I felt some achiness in my shoulders on these.

55 x 6 reps x 4 sets

2a & 2b were supersetted with 60 seconds to rest between rounds.

THE BIG FINISH!

This seems to really get me. Tough series but I was determined. As I was loading up the hack squat I was getting more enraged and determined. I was going to do what I do. Nothing was gonna stop me!

3a. Seated Toe Raises

180 x 6 reps x 4 sets

**Felt ok on my leg**

3b. Seated Ham Curls (Hammer Strength)

115 x 6 reps x 4 sets

**Maybe a little too heavy. I don't like how it makes me sorta arch so will try the seat belt next time**

3c. Hack Squats

This exercise is mine. Talk about moving some iron!

1000 x 6 reps x 4 sets

This was just stupid easy. Felt great. It was also nice because my wife was watching so showing off is always nice at that point. I think she was Facebook the whole time though and missed it. LOL

Sweaty, chalky and a little bloody...I sat down beside my bride to suck down more water. Good session! Now time to put all this weight away.

Torn calf is doing ok.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

big lifts bro... subd

you running anything or natural ?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  22. Future

Thanks.

Clean. Gave that life up. Spiritual decision.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Thanks.

i respect that..... no trt?
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
  24. Future

30 min sLow cardio, foam rolll, stretch...
  25. Future

[YOUTUBE]z6D6WYegfpU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]S9APIshTUx0[/YOUTUBE]
  26. Future

Gonna compete in Bros vs Pros at the new Metroflex in Phoenix Aug 28. 405 squat rep challenge. Going for 35-40 reps.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Gonna compete in Bros vs Pros at the new Metroflex in Phoenix Aug 28. 405 squat rep challenge. Going for 35-40 reps.
    lmao 405 for 40
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  30. Future

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lmao 405 for 40
    Well I can do 25 raw right now. So add knee wraps, their version of parallel and a few weeks do work on conditioning...its plausible.
  31. Future

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Thanks
  32. Future

Back to it:

Monday
    Bench press
    280x3
    320x3
    365x8
    425x1 paused

Pull ups, stretch
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Congrats on the Olympia meet bubba! National records are something to be proud of.
  34. Future

Thanks man.
  35. Future

Behind a little. Sick...blah.

Monday: Bench Works

Bench Press
    45x10
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    385x3
    435x1 paused
    475x1 paused w/ slingshot
    495x1 paused w/slingshot

Dips
    Bwt x 10 x 2
    +90x 10 x 3

Blast Strap Decline Pushups
    Bwt x 10 x 4

Dumbell Upright row
    40 x 10 x 3

Foam rolled and stretched.

Preworkout: Dark Rage
    Postworkout: Dark Matter
  36. Future

GPP work today in the form of modified crossfit session. Lungs are still a little fubar but doing ok.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Future
    Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking... How long ago and what was it like at first? Also as the other guy asked, does that include trt? I may disagree with you on some spiritaul issues but I respect anyone that actually lives their life in an effort to stay true to their beliefs. So much props to you. I hope this is a subject you are proud of and not hesitant to talk about. Maybe you have but I have not seen you mention this on intensemuscle so maybe its something you don't really talk about but I also have never read your whole journal.
    Best of luck with your decision. Again, I respect you being true to your beliefs.
    Peace.
    When you leave this world, will it be a better place because you were here?
  38. Future

Quote Originally Posted by dunhill225 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking... How long ago and what was it like at first? Also as the other guy asked, does that include trt? I may disagree with you on some spiritaul issues but I respect anyone that actually lives their life in an effort to stay true to their beliefs. So much props to you. I hope this is a subject you are proud of and not hesitant to talk about. Maybe you have but I have not seen you mention this on intensemuscle so maybe its something you don't really talk about but I also have never read your whole journal.
    Best of luck with your decision. Again, I respect you being true to your beliefs.
    Peace.
    No I don't really talk about it. Makes a target for people that say you lie etc etc. Recovery is something I am very diligent with. I have to be at the level I am. I hurt alot so I get alot of massage, foam role and use any other recovery tool including supplements that are over the counter from MHP. I live on glutamine peptides and bcaas.

Similar Forum Threads

1. my journal
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
  2. Operation Offseason: Future's Journal
    By Future in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 06:18 PM
  3. My JP8 Journal
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28