First workout log...

1. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

First workout log...

This is my first log, looking to get some feedback, support, advice from you guys.

I have been going to the gym off and on for about 1 yr now went though about 5 different workout programs, just never stuck with them. I have a real problem with disclipine and making myself go, thinking if I make a log and have people watching me it will be more motivation to strive to do it.

My main goal here is 1. Strenght and 2. Fat loss I dont care much about physique or looking good just want to be overall stronger. I enjoy fighting as a sport and have been doing it for about 6 months now. This includes Judo, BJJ, Boxing and kickboxing. I want to improve my conditing aswell.

As for diet I am going to be following a modified version of the cut diet from team scivation (Not too sure on this, I am talking with them to figure out what I should be eating as I try and stay athelthic I think I am going to need carbs before or after fight sessions but not sure waiting for a response from them) I am tryin to get my protein from all chicken, fish and eggs. I cannot have whey shakes or cassein as I am allergic to the proteins in milk so when in a bind I drink egg protein shakes.

I work in a hospital with a rotating schedule and am a full time student so my schedule will vary from week to week. My workout schedule will be 2 days in the gym with weights and 2 days at home with kettle bells and is as follows

day 1
    Power clean
    high pull
    deadlift
    stiff leg deadlift
    bent over rows

day 2
    *various kettle bell workouts for conditioning still looking them up and my first time using them so want to get a real good form and flow but will be coming up with routine soon enough*

day 3
    squats
    close grip bench
    standing barbell curls
    Dumb bell bench press

day 4
    again some sort of kettle bell routine

As for sets and rep will be doing 3x10 first week and as the weeks progress elimating reps and adding weight to end with 3sets of 5

For supplements I take juice plus (multi), cla, fish, seasmin, ZMA, occasional flax seeds in food, vit C and calcium (all daily). For workout pre I drink 1 scoop Primal EAA with 1 scoop Primal N20, during workout I sip on xtend (I also drink xtend during running, and fight training) and don't take anything PWO just eat my next meal. I have a bottle of CEE and was thinkng of taking that PWO but wasnt sure if the N20 was enough.

Well I think thats everything, oh stats I am 24 years old currently weigh 210 (was 230 1 yr ago) and am about 5'8"

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this and wish me luck!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Went to the gym this morning and tried the routine out.
    I did 3 sets of 10 for all of them and were in this order
    Power Clean 75
    High Pull 95
    Deadlift 123
    Stiffleg 95
    Bent Row 75

I took 1 scoop of EAA and 1 scoop N20 prior to workout
    workout was first thing in the morning so I didn't eat prior and just had a egg proein shake afterwards and sipped my xtend thoughout. No cardio afterworkout also.

I am souposed to do kettle bells tomorow but will be doing day 3 because it is when my friend has off and he is helping me figure out how heavy weights to use and helping with my form.

Well I'm off to go run now...
  3. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

So running sucked, barely ran a mile. I think I might have pulled a muscle in my back, I tried stretching it out after the gym and it felt alot better but when I went to run it came back. Hope its gone tomorow
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

Lookin' good! Your workout routine has some good movements, although day one seems to be full of a lot of pulling motions that will really take a toll on your lower back. Just curious as to why you put them together that way.

Also curious as to how many calories you are consuming a day?
  5. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Wow! So I woke up crazy sore today I seriously can't believe how bad my body hurts. Love the feeling but I guess this means that for this past yr I havent been workin out hard enough or pushing myself hard enough.

Babywifey, actually my lower back had a slight ache in it yestarday all day and is still sore today along with my traps , and lats suprisingly my legs feel fine. The split was set up by a friend of mine, he plays football and basically just set me up with his teams workout, figured it was the best thing for strength and not so much physique. As for calories yestarday I ate 1572 (had a nice long nap after workout and no breakfeast prior to lifting) My goal although is 2250 with 100g carbs 280g protein and 80g fat so I get the 40/40/20 split. Still working on what is going to be best for me to eat.

Here is how my eating went yestarday

woke up took a cla and preworkout drink and went to the gym
    came home had a shake with nothing else and went to sleep
    when I woke up ate the eggs with half the almonds
    after that I had 6 oz chicken with the string beans
    and last meal was another 6 oz chicken with the carrots and potatoes..

now I kno I under-ate alotbut I really wasn't hungy and the nap took a huge chunk out of my day I will try and do better today
  6. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Just got back from the gym did day 3 and some cardio
    Took CLA upon waking up and ate some 6oz chicken, 135g green beans and 12 almonds. About 45 mins later drank 1 scoop EAA w/ 1scoop N20 and headed for the gym, workout went as follows

Closegrip bench 85
    Squat 95
    Incline DB Press 30
    DB curl 25
    cardio - ran on eliptical for about 30 mins did 2 miles and kept my HR 125-135 range

felt incredibly energetic today, dont know if it was the supps or just from working out yestarday. Still sore but growing to love the feeling more and more. Today wasn't as exhausting as yestarday so I did run and thought about doing some abs but decided not too. Tomorow I will probably do some kettlebells and some HIIT running.

After the gym had a egg protein shake with some vanilla almond milk and 120g green beans. I really hope I dont get sick of this diet too fast as all the meals are laid out pretty similar. ah well we will see what happnes... wish me luck!

Here is a overall look at my lifting program I am doing
    I put it into excel with by weeks with my reps and weights to be used for each lift
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

lookin good brosef
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

you look like you're doing well. Be sure to get those calories in... 2200 is low enough, 1500 is way too low! - but you know that. Just reminding you. Nutrition and calories are a HUGE part of gaining strength, losing fat, and building muscle.
  9. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

So here is my food log for today.. still came up short here is how my day layout went

morning had chicken, green beans, almonds
    workout
    protein shake made with almond milk
    went to school
    inbetween classes had the organic food bar
    came home had more chicken with potatoes, carrots, almonds and marinara sauce

still short on calories and its already 930 and Im eating now.. thinking about havin another protein shake before bed dunno if its too late in the day to have

as for workout notes I feel like I didn't do enough today still had stamina and power for more and am thinking of adding some more bicep and chest workouts to day too and actually moving some pull workouts from day 1 to day 2.. not sure which ones yet.. still messing with it all

Thanks for stopping by guys! really appreaciate it!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    So here is my food log for today.. still came up short here is how my day layout went

morning had chicken, green beans, almonds
    workout
    protein shake made with almond milk
    went to school
    inbetween classes had the organic food bar
    came home had more chicken with potatoes, carrots, almonds and marinara sauce

still short on calories and its already 930 and Im eating now.. thinking about havin another protein shake before bed dunno if its too late in the day to have

as for workout notes I feel like I didn't do enough today still had stamina and power for more and am thinking of adding some more bicep and chest workouts to day too and actually moving some pull workouts from day 1 to day 2.. not sure which ones yet.. still messing with it all

Thanks for stopping by guys! really appreaciate it!
    It is never too late to have another protein shake! If you are low on calories especially. Your body will keep it's metabolism up by digesting the shake while your asleep.
  11. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Today went good... I definetly upped my calorie intake.. I worked today 12 hrs and went to the gym afterwards. Thoughout the day I noticed at times I would have a light headed feeling, and like a more awareness feeling, not sure if its the diet or just the day. Also towards the end of my shift I started getting a headache but it was prolly just from putting up with BS all day

So here is my food intake log A whopping 2900 calories!

Here is how the eating went...
    -first for breakfeast had 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, bran muffin, and 2 slice whole grain bread
    -next, 6oz chicken,12 almonds,120g green beans
    -then the salad with cucumber,bacon,dressing,and 2 oz chicken, and the protein shake
    -dinner/preworkout 6oz baked tilapia with 120g greenbeans and 12 almonds
    -and lastly when I got home from workout had can of tuna with banana and peanut butter

So for my workout it was awesome.. I had sooo much energy and felt stronger Today was soupposed to be a cardio/conditioning/kettle bell day but, I feel like my last workout wasnt intense enough and wanted to do more with chest and biceps and also did 3x5 ..so here is what I did

*1 scoop N20 with 1 scoop Primal EAA and Xtend thoughout workout*
    Bench - 145 3x5
    incline press - 100 3x5
    DB curl 30lbs 3x5
    close grip bench - 125 3x5
    seated calf raise - 135 3x10

Then I did a kettlebell routine. It was..

Swings, snatches, and high pulls and were done in that order consectively with no rest. Did one arm then the other then rested about 1 min and that was a set. Used 30lbs kettle bells and did 3 sets

so thats it.. no cardio I was beat and it was late. I finished my protein mix today so I have to get more and I work tomorow so gotta try hard to eat a lil better tomorow with cafeteria food...
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

Good job getting those calories in!
  13. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

lol.. I think I need to cut back some to loose weight.. How was the food selection? I kno the bacon and salad dressing werent great.. I need more control dammit!!
  14. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Oh damn I just realized something when looking over the food journal... I acidently put 21 strips of bacon .. there were 2 so that makes a big difference.. here are new numbers...

cal-2,388, fat-82.6, carbs-154.8, pro-265.0
    and percents
    Fat (30%) Carbs (25%) Protein (45%)

I am striving for 40 40 20 I need to cut some fat out looks like muffin messed me up should of had a orange...
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

try turkey bacon its mmm mm good
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

So... today I worked and hit 2600 calories but kinda cheated a lil. I ate way too much fat, damn choclate macadamien nuts!!.. here is my food log

Here is the breakdown
    I went to work and walked around about a hr on a empty stomach and then had
    -6 oz scrambled eggs, 2 slice whole grain bread, half a apple danish and a slim jim
    - 3 oz grilled steak with 3 oz baked salmon 4 oz lettuce, and almonds
    - 130g green beans, 40g protein shake, 42g peanut butter and another slimjim
    -110g green beans, 6oz fish and the chocolate nuts
    -BCAA pills before Judo
    -Judo Pratice-
    -and after pratice 20g protein shake with organic food bar and banana
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

everything except that fat looks great dude, but good job anyways
  18. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

I know damn holidays.. I work in a hospital and every holiday nurses bring in cakes, cookies, chocolates, etc... It is always so tempting.. I just seen some snack recipes for protein cake and lil peanutbutter balls.. so I might make them and stash them in a fridge at work to help me out
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

ahh gotcha..gotta fight the temptation and snack on some protein balls ( no homo)
  20. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

ahhh.. so today was pretty shatty, I feel like crap for the most part with nausea and a headache and had to forcemyself to eat the few times I did eat.. heres my day

-Woke up late for school so rushed out the house and grabbed a banana
    -Got to class and passed a vending machine and thought I better eat something more and the best option was a bag of chex mix which I got
    -After class stopped at a mcdonalds and got 2 double hambugers and a mcchicken all plain and eat only meats no bread
    -Came home drank 1 scoop n20 1 scoop eaa and went to the gym
    -after the gym had a protein shake with a tablespoon of PB and went to sleep
    -when I woke up made some turkey bugers had 2 4oz bugers with 2 small yams
    -then right before bed had another 4 oz turkey buger

Here is the food journal entry

I was actually surprised when I entered my info that I hit 2200 calories I had thought I ate alot less guess them burgers helped

At the gym I did a little more chest and bicep work (my biggest weak points)
    Incline press 3x10 @ 110lbs
    Bench Press 3x10 @ 135
    DB curl 3x10 @ 30lbs ea
    seated cable curl 3x10 @ 50lbs

Then I ran on the eliptical for 2.20 miles with an average HR at 134

I been reading alot more info on this TKD and CKD diet... the TKD intriges me, if anyone has any info or knowledge in it please pm me as I am reading trying to learn but I am thinking I might give it a try.
  21. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Quote Originally Posted by spres444 View Post
    ahh gotcha..gotta fight the temptation and snack on some protein balls ( no homo)
    just picked up some whey isopure and gonna try these 2 snack recipes I found.. hope this helps fight the holiday cravings to splurge on junk food
  22. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Here is todays food log

-morning I ate the wheat and bran crackers with a shake
    -was out on the road so I grabbed a side salad with a grilled chicken for mcdonalds
    -came home and had another whey shake with almond milk
    -was soupposed to go box but was cancelled-
    -came home and ate the baked beans and 2 turkey bugers
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Here is todays food log

-morning I ate the wheat and bran crackers with a shake
    -was out on the road so I grabbed a side salad with a grilled chicken for mcdonalds
    -came home and had another whey shake with almond milk
    -was soupposed to go box but was cancelled-
    -came home and ate the baked beans and 2 turkey bugers

Have you ever thought of packing your own meals? Pick up some tupperware containers and fill 'em with healthy food for the day. I know it takes time and a bit of work, but it would help you get in the right amount of Calories everyday, and they'd be a lot healthier than what McDonalds can ever offer. :/
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

I have tried that but it is just such a hassle I basically have to bring a bookbag with me to work to carry all the containers of meals just recently I started weighing all my food at home and just combing it all into the same containers (all the chicken in 1 tupperware, all green beans in another) and just keep a scale in my locker and weigh food at work, that way I avoid carrying 6+ tupperwares (I work 12 hrs then go to gym afterwards so I leave at 6am and dont get home till 9pm)

I kno mcdonald is crap food but I figured better then skipping a meal and eating nothing.

Also I have been getting these toothaches like you wouldnt believe, it hurts for me to even think about eating sometimes I made a dentist appt but in the meantime I am gonna try and drink a lot of shakes and peanut butter..Figured it wont help with muscle mass gains but maybe loos a little weight in the process..Thought maybe it sounded like a good idea actually a high protein and fat diet just dont think I can consume enough to get enough calories in...any input??
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

try adding some olive oil into the shake for some added fat and calories..

thats what I do but tthen again im on the CKD so
  26. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

olive oil??? like evo oil?? how does that taste souns weird.. I have been thinking about this CKD and TKD, I read alot of good things about it being very effective in gettin rid of fat, Im just still tryna figure out all the details of it, the TKD one seems better for it but info is scarce..
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.1%

Good Work so far bro, i'm about to start my cut. Other people doing good always help motivate meh!
  28. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Thanks for the support bud! Really appreaciate it and good luck with ur cut diet...

So I missed posting from yestarday (sunday) so here is the rundown, I kinda cheated on some dessert but I boxed and ran that night so hopefully it evend itself out (prolly not though)

-I woke up and eat a turkey plain with no ketchup and that was it

-Had a family bruch at some buffet place so I made an attempt to behave.. I had scrambled eggs twice, they were decent sizes so I estimated about 3 eggs each one also had 4 slices of bacon then got some strings beans with some flounder (again I guestimated of the portions) So was sitting there thining I did pretty decent with my diet until... the dessert same out. I fought the urge off for a while but everyone was sitting there for like another 30 mins juss talkin and eating and im sittin there starring at all these desserts so I gave into temptations and got 2 cookies and a chocolate cream tart.. ahhh!!

- after that had to run some errands so a couple hours later I came home and wasnt really hungry but figured I should eat something so I made an attempt to make some protein balls. I figured I would try and make em so next time when I want something like chocolate or cake or whatever they can be a somewhat healthier alternative so I made the balls and ate 2 of them

-Went to boxing for about 1 hour then ran on a treadmill for a mile, sipped on Xtend throughtout and took BCCAs before and afterwards-

- lastly I had a protein shake with 2 slice of bread and some PB on them right after boxing

Boxing was fun, I havent been in a while. O just did heavy bag work, really was lacking energy and drive, my arms got tired really fast, dont think it was related to anything just think I was overall tired.

Here is the food log entry

And in case anyone is wondering about the protein balls I followed this recipe but not quite exactly and when i added up all the ingredients I ended up with more calories,carbs,and fats then his did - Peanut Butter Protein Ball Recipe
    I instead used 4 scoops of vanilla whey, added 2 tbsp dark chocolate cooking powder,honey, vanilla extract, 1 cup PB, and a combination of oats, raisins, flax seeds, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and almonds.. They were decent, they just didn't stick together that well but overall good. Nice change of pace in eating.
  29. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Now today (Monday) I worked and went to kickboxing afterwards. Today was a good day. I behaved most of the day with eatinging and resisting chocolate that was everywhere and felt good and full of energy!! Here is how the eating went

-Breakfeast had egg omelete with spinach
    -Snack, protein shake with 42g PB
    -Then a can of tuna plain with some more peanut butter (42g)
    - and before work was done had some chicken rice and greenbeans (forgot to eat a fat source)
    -Went from work straight to kickboxing. Took same BCAAs and drank my Xtend thoughtout. After about 40 mins one of the guys wanted to roll around on the mats so i did that for about 15 mins or so, instead of running
    -Came home and had a protein shake and thats all

here is the food log

Today at the gym was alot more better. I had alot more energry when training compared to yestarday.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

It's nice when you can resist that junky food that sits around you, huh? At least it always makes me feel good, not only physically, but mentally because I know that I had the self control to stay away!
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Wow, so I havent posted in my log about all week.. It has been crazy with school work and life. I have finals so I had my face buried in books when I wasnt working or in the gym and on top I am getting married soon so we have been meeting with various venues and event staff tryna decide on what we are gonna do. My diet has been completely horrible and am really ashamed for it, but it happens I guess. Im going to start new monday and hopefully get on the right track. I havent put on much weight but havent lost much either, I feel these past days just undid everything I worked to do.. well here it goes..

tuesday
    -woke up had a protein shake and a small banana
    -went to the gym, took my n20, eaa, and xtend.
    -came back from gym and had another shake and banana
    -studied for school and before I left had a can of tuna with a tbsp of PB
    -at school inbetween classes I was starving so grabbed a bag of honey wheat pretzels from a machine
    - got home and had some pasta with chicken

Workout
    was feeling really fatigued and didnt do as much as I wanted

all are 3x10
    - Powerclean - 85lbs
    - highpull - 95lbs
    - back extensions - no plates just body weight (3x15)
    - seated row machine - 110

Ran 2 miles on eliptical

32. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Wednesday

I worked wed and after work hit the gym for a bit. heres the rundown

-Had some left over chicken, tomatoes and carrots for baeakfeast
    -Protein shake and a sugar cookie
    -Ate some more leftovers of chicken,carrots and tomoates
    -Some baked beans before the gym
    -N20, EAA, and XTEND
    -After gym had another shake and sugar cookie
    - Sometime before bed had some popcorn while studying

Workout

workout felt good and strong!

All 3x10
    -Deadlift - 135lbs
    -Stiff legged deadlift- 95lbs
    -Bent rows- 75lbs
    -Seated cable curls - 50

Ran on treadmill for only 1 mile

33. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Thursday

I worked thur and really gave into temptation badly. Since it was the holiday they gave us free food and not only did I take them up on the free food but went back and got more..ahhh. Well here it is

-Morning I had can of tuna with mayo mixed in
    -later on some scrambled eggs with spinach
    -then for lunch came the free food: roast beef, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, green beans, stuffed jumbo shell, apple crisp with vanilla ice cream on top, and yes I ate he whole plate..
    -Some PB protein balls
    -And then shamefully went back for seconds
    - Typically after work I have judo but I didnt go and went home to study instead
    - lastly I had some tilapia

34. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Friday I have school heres my day

-Woke up late, ate a bowl of corn chex w/ almond milk
    - Came back for a doc and then back for more classes, I grabbed a Italian whole wheat hoagie from wawa inbetween
    - Had some PB and Jelly sandwiches
    - and lastly some pasta with sauce

35. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Saturday was my day off but had various apt along the day

-Woke up and had a portein shake
    -Went to the gym
    -Came back from gym and had some tilapia
    -Left for my meetings which were all over. One was in philly so when we were done were a little hungry and grabbed a cheesesteak with fries inbetween the next apt.
    - and lastly on the way home stopped at mcdonalds and got a mcdouble with mchicken and fries

Gym

all 3x10

-Close grip bench- 95lbs
    -Squat- 140lbs
    -Incline DB press- 35lbs
    -DB curls- 30
    -Bench press- 135lbs

Ran outside around the track about 3 3/4 times so about .75 of a mile

36. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Sunday had more meetings and studying for the upcoming school week

-Had scrambled eggs with goat cheese for breakfeast
    -Left for meeting about all day and on the way back picked up some chinese food (I know worst food on earth)
    -Ate the chinese food thoughout the day while studying off and on
    - PB and jelly sandwich before bed

37. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

new log!!!.. kinda fell off this last one.. hope this new one goes better.. I have a way better handle on my diet now and have set goals in mind.. wish me luck

JudoJosh attempt at anabolic diet log...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Make EVERY Pre Workout a Potent Fat Burning Pre Workout!
    By nattydisaster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 01:08 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 06:40 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:13 PM