My Ectomorph Transformation (Hopefully!)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

Back with a useful post!

Sorry to have let anyone down who may have been following my progress. I decided to give up the workout as I honestly really didn't enjoy it. I'm sure it will have helped me to progress and gain quality mass, but I truly didn't enjoy doing it.

For the first two weeks of January I was in Cuba (yay). I did a few full-body workouts while I was there, but the food was terrible (and it was a 4-star!) and I had diarrhea the last few days. The weight I did lose has been gained by doing full body workouts up until today, which my body seems to respond to nicely. I'm currently at about 208 in the morning on an empty stomach.

I know a few of you that have been following this log are hardgainers, and growing tired of my recent full-body workout, I very luckily stumbled across this workout and I thought I'd share it. I will be starting it tomorrow!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEAN BULK "HARDGAINER’S" RECOMP WORKOUT

Basic Split:

Monday: Tension 1: Upper Body PUSH + Lower Body QUAD-DOMINANT
    Tuesday: Tension 2: Upper Body PULL + Lower Body HAM-DOMINANT
    Wednesday: OFF
    Thursday: Metabolic Series Set
    Friday: Ancillary Circuits
    Saturday: OFF
    Sunday: OFF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday: Tension Workout 1

Part A: Upper Body – PUSH

1. Overhead Press (90 degree angle)
    2. Incline Bench (45 degree angle)
    3. Incline Bench (20-30 degree angle)
    4. Flat Bench (0 degree angle)
    5. Dips (Weighted)

 Upper Body Notes: Exercises 1-4 should be performed at ONLY 2 sets each with approximately 85% 1RM used in the first set and approximately 65% 1RM used in the second set. You should be able to obtain 5-6 reps with the first set and 8-12 reps with the second set. Only includes work sets. Exercise 5 should be performed at 50% 1RM to failure. The entire upper-body push workout should only be comprised of 9 working sets.

Part B: Lower Body – QUAD-DOMINANT

1. Front Squat
    2. Back Squat
    3. Lunge

 Lower Body Notes: Exercises 1-2 should be performed at ONLY 2 sets each with approximately 85% 1RM used in the first set and approximately 65% 1RM used in the second set. You should be able to obtain 8-10 reps with first set and 12-15 reps with the second set. Only includes work sets. Exercise 3 should be performed at 50% 1RM to failure. The entire lower-body quad dominant workout should only be comprised of 5 working sets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday: Tension Workout 2

Part A: Upper Body – PULL

1. Pull-Up (Pronated-Grip; Weighted)
    2. Upright Rows
    3. Bent-Over Row
    4. T-Bar Row
    5. Chin-Up (Supinated Grip; Weighted)

 Upper Body Notes: Exercises 1-4 should be performed at ONLY 2 sets each with approximately 85% 1RM used in the first set and approximately 65% 1RM used in the second set. You should be able to obtain 5-6 reps with the first set and 8-12 reps with the second set. Only includes work sets. Exercise 5 should be performed at 50% 1RM to failure. The entire upper-body pull workout should only be comprised of 9 working sets.

Part B: Lower Body – HAM-DOMINANT

1. Good Morning
    2. Deadlift
    3. Hyperextension (Weighted)

 Lower Body Notes: Exercises 1-2 should be performed at ONLY 2 sets each with approximately 85% 1RM used in the first set and approximately 65% 1RM used in the second set. You should be able to obtain 8-10 reps with first set and 12-15 reps with the second set. Only includes work sets. Exercise 3 should be performed at 50% 1RM to failure. The entire lower-body ham dominant workout should only be comprised of 5 working sets.

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Metabolic Series

1. Pull-Ups (un-weighted)
    2. Jump Squats (goal: 135 lbs.)
    3. Power Push-Ups (un-weighted)
    4. Barbell Pull-Press (goal: 135 lbs.)
    5. Hang Power-Clean (goal: 135 lbs.)
    6. Chin-Ups (un-weighted)

 Metabolic Series Notes: Start with 3 sets completely through this series in rapid fashion, aiming for 20 reps each and a mere 2 minutes rest at the completion of each series. In other words, perform one series, rest for 2 minutes, perform another series, rest for 2 minutes, and perform your last series. When you can accomplish this with ease, add one additional series until you can accomplish 5 series through. Once you can accomplish 5 complete series at 20 reps without vomiting at all the suggested goals – you have reached max achievement on this training protocol.

Friday: Ancillary Circuits

Part A: Forearms:

1. Forward Curls
    2. Reverse Curls
    3. Hammer Curls

20 reps each in rapid succession. Repeat twice through this circuit.

Part B: Calves

1. Standing Calf Raises
    2. Seated Calf Raises
    3. Plate Drags

20 reps each in rapid succession. A “Plate Drag” is a forward push of a designated weight on the ground to center forces on the tibialis anterior…a “rep” in this regard approximates one full push at the knee. Repeat twice through this circuit.

Part C: Abs

1. Decline Sit Up
    2. Roman Chair Leg Raise
    3. Russian Twist (weighted)
    4. Suitcase Deadlifts

20 reps each in rapid succession. Repeat twice through this circuit.

http://www.*************/forum/artic...p-workout.html

Totally stoked to start it up...oh yeah and supps include:

multi
    creatine
    universal animal test (just bought)
    protein powder
    FOOD

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

good to have you back buddy.
  •