Dirty South Texas Style Training Log...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imUnHTE9Ir0"]YouTube - Dope Die MF Die[/ame]

Whats Up Fellas I'm setting up one log so that i dont have to run back and forth constantly between the two. In this I will be detailing any workouts, training, diet tweaks that i make. If you have any questions or comments please let them come.

Workout/ Training Style
My new workout style is quite different than anything I have done before. As you all know I like to experiment quite a bit with training techniques, but now I am running something I have never done before. I will be doing approximately 3 sets of 15 reps to develop a "skin Tight pump", from there I will run approximately 3 working sets (Hard Lifting). I know this is not typical style, but its something I saw that interested me. I usually do Grappling 2 times or so a week for X amount of time.

Diet
I'm not currently monitoring my macros. I estimate somewhere around 300G protein, 200G carb, 50G+fat. Not really too sure to be honest.

Supplementation
This varies greatly. At the moment I am using ZMA & ZMA-5 (alternating every 3 days), Juice Plus Orchard & Garden Blends, All they Whey Cupcake Batter Protein, Pslin (on occasion)

What I will be noting

Weight: (Bi weekly on Mondays)
Tonights Supplements
Muscle Groups: Legs

Mental Notes
  • Intensity-
  • Strength-
  • Sleep-
  • Mood-
  • Motivation-
  • Energy-
  • perspiration/Thermogenic-
  • aggressive-

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
What about all your other logs?
The cut and Bulk? They are all in this...if thats what your asking? I have a ZMA & ZMA-5 going over at Bodybuilding dot com

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah im just transfering it over to here. So i can just put all my stuff in one log. makes it easier for me. It wasnt sponsored or anything so its not a big deal

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
subbed for subbing mine,haha.

Goodluck with this new breed of transformative logs, i hope the test booster creation works out well here.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 167 empty stomach
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA-5

Muscle Groups: Chest
The new workout is very nice. 3 sets of 15 building up the blood flow and pump on each exercise, followed by 3-4 working sets of 5 reps. This has me the best feeling I have experienced in awhile. Amazing pectoral pump tonight and very nice vascularity. Today on the flat bench though I had an extreme pain in my left front delt on all throughout my working sets. Not quite sure what it was, but i had to lower my weight significantly due to it.
  • BB Flat press
  • BB incline Press
  • Cable Flyes
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- very nice, the pump gets me more motivated than a pre-workout
  • Strength- Not good on the Flat bench, however I was pleased with Incline
  • Sleep- didnt get much last night because I had a Biology Lab final today. 50 questions fill in the blank...no word bank. Damn college sucks.
  • Mood- I had extreme anxiety today because of the test and was really pissed off because I dont think i tested well. However during the workout I was in the mood to push some nice weight, I felt light headed afterwards because i pushed it hard.
  • Motivation- very nice. Vascularity and feeling swole always gives a nice motivation
  • Energy- very nice. I was pumped today. ready to work it.
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- Today was the first day I have sweated during a workout in quite a while so i enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • aggressive- attacked the weights!

Last edited:
TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
As you can see...vascularity is really starting to come out nicely. I would like to add these pictures are approximately 2-3 hours after workout, so no workout pump is left. Vascularity is just rediculous during workout

Last edited:
Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
subbin in bud.
nice vid at the beginning too.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
  • Inarius- Thanks for joining!
  • ari4216- Thanks for joining!
  • volcomx311- and thanks for joining!
I look forward to everyones input. I am hoping to get some pretty knowledgeable people in here.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro ! What happened to your delts !? 6-8 week hiatus from the boards, and come back stronger than ever, huh ?!

In for this run !

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro ! What happened to your delts !? 6-8 week hiatus from the boards, and come back stronger than ever, huh ?!

In for this run !
Yeah I've got veins starting to come out of my traps which has never happened before. Its pretty exciting. My lower body situation was good up until this past week. I re-injured my tailbone and went to the onsite doctor on campus. He just gave me some antibiotics, but I feel that im going to need stitches again since my wound has reopened. So till i find out what the situation is with this Im not doing lower body.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I AM here.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Weight: N/A
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA-5

Muscle Groups: Back
Today was a nice workout. I worked on pulling the weight hard. Upped the weight quite a bit so i was impressed. I got up to sets or 120 Lbs on low rows. woo woo!
  • V grip low rows
  • wide grip low rows
  • wide grip Pull down
  • narrow grip pull down
  • seated rows
  • Pull overs
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- very good. I attacked heavy weight today and felt it a bit more
  • Strength- going up very nicely...I think its the new amount of sets im doing.
  • Sleep- went to bed late. the lady friend chilled over here and crashed.
  • Mood- good good. Even when im not a good workout gets me pumped
  • Motivation- ready to start looking like a bat with those lats yeah yeah
  • Energy- I had quite a bit. didnt wanna leave the gym.
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- picked up some sweat today with the high amount of sets that i run as well as reps
  • aggressive-weights went up, id say thats aggressive.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Today is an off day. Recovering and getting my schedule together for next semester. I really want to hit lower body, but i cant yet. I plan to go to a third doctor over christmas break to get his opinion on surgery and stitches.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Weight: N/A
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA

Muscle Groups: Legs
Ok well I decided to ignore my tailbone injury and went ahead and did legs today. I have been taking very good care of it so it has been healing relatively well with the antibiotics the doctor has me on. As for the workout...it was pretty nice. I worked form and intensity. Not as much in quantity wise as i usually do because I started to feel a bit light headed. I also forgot to mention Im using a somewhat DC training. 3 warmups sets 2-3 working sets. It seems to be nicely working!
  • Deep Squats
  • BB Lunges
  • Calf raises
  • leg curls
  • leg extensions
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- Had to push some heavy weight on squats today. Didnt have the best breathing going either. it resulted in heavy ass weight, neck veins, and bright red face...i think thats intensity!
  • Strength- deep squats with 225-275 Lbs i think is pretty good.
  • Sleep- was up real late but passed the F out.
  • Mood- happy, tired, and busy. I have a Pol Sci test tomorrow and i just found out last night...so CRAM!
  • Motivation- I was ready to get back in and kill the legs!
  • Energy- ready to whoop up the weights. Now post workout im pretty tired
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- DC seems to be increasing my perspiration which i like.
  • aggressive- see intensity

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
subbed!..big tex!..rip siht up,bro!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed and thanks for the invite bro. Lookin' lean and mean in those pics dude. Nice work. I like those trap veins. You have a very sound workout plan here. I really like it. I think the combination of heavy low rep sets with the higher rep sets will give you the best of both worlds: Testosterone and HGH secretion. You'll definitely get test surges from the heavy low rep stuff. And those higher rep sets are proven to cause HGH secretion. So this is a very sound plan. I'm here for this ride! Plus, I need the inspiration and motivation for my own workouts. So I'm going to be bleeding some intensity from you Tex. Like an insane iron-vampire!! :twisted:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys will be going for a chest session tonight and a possible run on campus with my girlfriend. I will update tonight.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys will be going for a chest session tonight and a possible run on campus with my girlfriend. I will update tonight.
i'll be looking foward to it bro.rip it up texas style!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
whats up fellas. I didnt get a chance to lift last night because I had a mild concussion during MMA grappling. Standing armbar slammed my head. im still feeling loopy today so i may or may not go later.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 170
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA
-muscle milk rtd

Muscle Groups: Chest
Alright so tonight was one hell of a workout! I have been going semi light to get my barbell form back. But Today i worked my way back towards the heavy weights. My Flat Bench is suffering dearly compared to my old numbers most likely because i rarely did flat DB press. I just dropped Flat press as a whole for awhile. So not integrating it back into the system has been difficult for my body to adjust to. Meanwhile I have kept up with incline. My Barbell incline is sky rocketing. It became my strength on Dumbbell and now has carried over to being a strength of mine on incline Barbell. I was very happy with tonights workout. My chest pump was outrageous. I am very happy with my current routine and current results. Also, I know I am supposed to be cutting for this show in February, but I am dieting pretty strictly anyways so am going to hold off on the strict cut and continue going for a recomp. Im feeling way too damn good with this new workout to cut. Plus I have christmas break off to DRILL the weights daily for a whole month and focus on nothing but my bodybuilding habits. Todays Incline was a PR extreme.I could have kept going, but my Partner was toast. Todays workout:
  • BB Flat press
  • BB incline Press 15x115,15x115,15x115,5x135,5x185,5x205,3x225 Personal Record
  • Cable Flyes
  • incline cable flyes
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- Freaking pumped about my pr. It was heavy as hell but throw some noice in and the desire to GFH and i nailed it!
  • Strength- Incline is starting to creep up very nicely. Flat BB is struggling a bit compared to the past but it will come in due time. Form is most important
  • Sleep- Didnt sleep but maybe 3 hours. Registered @ 5am for spring classes and played 007 on N64 all night
  • Mood- happy after workout. Kinda shitty from yesterday because of my concussion
  • Motivation- as the weights went up this went up
  • Energy- 1 monster energy pre workout wooo
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- none
  • aggressive- GFH!!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
congrats on the p.r texas!..looking good!..texas style.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!
How are you enjoying the Cup Cake Batter?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer workout there Tex!! Nice work on that PR too. I also like to GFH!! :head:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its not bad, but it definitely does not taste like cup cake batter
I agree. It's a nice change, however. I will always be a straight chocolate person, though.
I do love their Pine-Apple - it’s a perfect add to peanut butter and banana smoothie.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I agree. It's a nice change, however. I will always be a straight chocolate person, though.
I do love their Pine-Apple - it’s a perfect add to peanut butter and banana smoothie.
pb and pineapple sounds gross....

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
pb and pineapple sounds gross....
Not at all; however, you know as well as I do that people like different things, so with that being said, it may be gross to you - but I love the stuff!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
pine apple flavored protein? I have not heard of this.... will have to check it out! Im going to be hitting my first strictly arm workout in awhile today. Supersetting Biceps and triceps. im expecting vascularity and pump to be comparable to none

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
pine apple flavored protein? I have not heard of this.... will have to check it out! Im going to be hitting my first strictly arm workout in awhile today. Supersetting Biceps and triceps. im expecting vascularity and pump to be comparable to none
tear up those guns tex.:numbered:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Not at all; however, you know as well as I do that people like different things, so with that being said, it may be gross to you - but I love the stuff!
indeed but those are two flavors i never thought of putting together.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good job bud. Are you lifting particularly for strength purposes?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Weight:
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA

Muscle Groups: Bicep & Tricep
Today was the first day I have directly worked arms in awhile. I supersetted bicep & tricep and it felt good. Got some nice work in tonight and I have a feeling they are going to be aching tomorrow. This workout made me realize how much I miss doing pure arms
  • BB Curl
  • DB Tricep Extension
  • DB Hammer Curl
  • French Press
  • DB Preacher Curl
  • Tricep Kickbacks
  • Over heard tricep Pull down
  • Tricep Pushdowns
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- Weights got heavy on a couple sets. so had to be intense finish out the sets
  • Strength- pretty good i guess. Dont remember what i used to use?
  • Sleep- we shall see...as for lately my sleep schedule has been hell. 2-3 hours a night.
  • Mood- still feeling light headed from the concussion. but over all happy and accomplished
  • Motivation- arm days feed ego, which in turn feeds motivation
  • Energy- pumped.
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- yup got some sweat going tonight. just light though
  • aggressive- GFH!!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Weight:
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA

Muscle Groups: Bicep & Tricep
Today was the first day I have directly worked arms in awhile. I supersetted bicep & tricep and it felt good. Got some nice work in tonight and I have a feeling they are going to be aching tomorrow. This workout made me realize how much I miss doing pure arms
  • BB Curl
  • DB Tricep Extension
  • DB Hammer Curl
  • French Press
  • DB Preacher Curl
  • Tricep Kickbacks
  • Over heard tricep Pull down
  • Tricep Pushdowns
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- Weights got heavy on a couple sets. so had to be intense finish out the sets
  • Strength- pretty good i guess. Dont remember what i used to use?
  • Sleep- we shall see...as for lately my sleep schedule has been hell. 2-3 hours a night.
  • Mood- still feeling light headed from the concussion. but over all happy and accomplished
  • Motivation- arm days feed ego, which in turn feeds motivation
  • Energy- pumped.
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- yup got some sweat going tonight. just light though
  • aggressive- GFH!!!
i like your pace texas!..sweet and slow!but intense.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Weight: n/a
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA
-Monster Pre-workout

So way back when i was a kid My pops used to be a huge dude. He quit working out when i hit about 12. When i first starting working out he got shown up by me and decided he needed to do something about it. He has hit the weights since march and gotten quite a bit bigger. He sits at about 5'9-5'10 190 Lbs. At 50 Thats pretty good size with about 10-12% Body fat. Anyways, I came back home for thanksgiving break and went and did a back workout with him. I couldnt keep up...he kicked my ass.
  • Wide grip Seated rows
  • V grip seated rows
  • Hammer strenghth low row
  • Hammer strength lat pull down
  • Reverse sit-ups
  • Barbell Bent Rows
  • Pull Ups
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- not much
  • Strength- Not much. These weights were different. Some lifts were up some were down strength wise compared to usual
  • Sleep- I slept great last night.
  • Mood- So so. Nothing great I had a 4 hour drive from college
  • Motivation- WHoop my old mans butt
  • Energy- kinda tired
  • perspiration/Thermogenic- Ive been sweating all day not sure why
  • aggressive- eh not much. Overall this was a pretty lame workout

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA
-Monster Pre-workout

So way back when i was a kid My pops used to be a huge dude. He quit working out when i hit about 12. When i first starting working out he got shown up by me and decided he needed to do something about it. He has hit the weights since march and gotten quite a bit bigger. He sits at about 5'9-5'10 190 Lbs. At 50 Thats pretty good size with about 10-12% Body fat. Anyways, I came back home for thanksgiving break and went and did a back workout with him. I couldnt keep up...he kicked my ass.
  • Wide grip Seated rows
  • V grip seated rows
  • Hammer strenghth low row
  • Hammer strength lat pull down
  • Reverse sit-ups
  • Barbell Bent Rows
  • Pull Ups
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- not much
  • Strength- Not much. These weights were different. Some lifts were up some were down strength wise compared to usual
  • Mood- So so. Nothing great I had a 4 hour drive from college
  • Motivation- WHoop my old mans butt
  • Energy- kinda tired
looking good like always texas!..

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright guys I have been overloaded with accounting the past few days. trying to do a whole semesters worth in 3-4 days is extremely hard....but Im going to be hitting the gym today sometime. Most likely doing chest following my normal routine. Stay tuned

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Tonights Supplements
-ATW protein
-Juice Plus
-ZMA

Went today and worked chest at my old gym with my brother and his friend. Not my typical workout as I wasnt really motivated, and weight seemed to be heavier today than usual.
  • Barbell Flat
  • Barbell Incline
  • Cable cross
Mental Notes
  • Intensity- not much
  • Strength- Not much. These weights felt differently
  • Mood- So so. Stresses out I am trying to do my whole semesters worth of accounting
  • Motivation- none
  • Energy- kinda tired

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know those downer workouts. I like chatting with a friend, but when I work out with friends I never seem to train as hard. Solo, I'm pushing myself so hard I'm lying on the ground between sets often.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I know those downer workouts. I like chatting with a friend, but when I work out with friends I never seem to train as hard. Solo, I'm pushing myself so hard I'm lying on the ground between sets often.
Yes sir, My normal training partner has a major ego. So he is always full of adrenalline and hype and it rubs off on me, so when i dont have him as my partner my workouts just do not compare.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir, My normal training partner has a major ego. So he is always full of adrenalline and hype and it rubs off on me, so when i dont have him as my partner my workouts just do not compare.
Damn, Tex .. what happened to your motivation ? You didn't used to rely on a workout buddy to my recollection [from past logs] . . . You not able to workout alone anymore ? Using no pre-workouts still ?

.. I believe White Flood is what you need. It'll have you forget your workout partner ever existed, and you can blast through your sessions with pure intensity and adrenaline that'll surpass anything your workout buddy ever displayed.