Newbie First Cutting Log

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Well i am bout to start my first log here. new to this and i just took pics of myself to show were i want to lose. I will post on here my fitday eating cycle. Right now i am taking lipo redux/napalm/anabolic pump. on top with vitamins and super pump and creatine. I will be doing cardio for atleast 45 min 6 days a week. and doing abs every other day. I will hit each body part each day with a 4 day split doing low weight high reps. IF any one could help me and make sure i am doing anything wrong or right i would be glad. I wanna work my lower part of my chest and get my stomach right! and to lowert body fat percentage and any guidance would bve appreciated it

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
8:30 I had a shake, 1 cup of non fat activa yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1 scoop of protein. at round 10:30 going to have 4 oz roast beef and a handful of peanuts. round 12 i will have 6 oz fish with yams and round 3 o clock eat a meal replacemnt bar and some fruit and a portein shake. thats all i have counted for so far.. hope this looks good. that is what my goal is for today.. any ideas? i am trying to lose weight and cvut up.. i'll get really big after i lose the fat. i will go work out rond 1 o clock just doing abs and cardio today.. start my actuall lifting monday.. and i will post workouts and exercises monday. if u want it detailed i will get down.. i hope the pics help and see if i can transform!

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I know I may not be the most knowledgeable guy around, but I feel you need to get some veggies into that diet, and seems like your protein may be a little low.

Remember, I am only seeing what you have posted so far, and I don't know what you have planned for the rest of the day.

One reason to include Fiborus Veggies, other then the obvious, they're good for you, is on a cut your restricting your cals. If you were used to eating a lot it'll take a while for you to adapt to the lower cal intake, therefore you will feel hungry. Now with fiborus veggies, such as brocolli, these veggies will help you feel fuller longer, therefore helping in the battle of cutting cals.

Also, not sure how your body reacts to carbs, but your doing good on the consumption of the slow digesting ones. Try to ensure that the majority of your carb intake is near your weight training session. With that, do what you can to get your carbs from veggies later in the day, and taper carbs off altogether towards bedtime.

Some may argue my thoughts, but these are just IDEAS for you to try, and see how they work for you. Don't lock yourself into one diet, or way of thinking, experiment till you find the results you are looking for.

In for the ride, and here to provide encouragement, and what little knowledge I have.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Also could you post your workout routine for us to see.

Looking forward to the pics. Those are honestly the best means of motivation, trust me. I was very fat this time last year, and by looking at monthly pics and seeing the progress I have made has kept me in this lifestyle, and wanting more. Gurantee it'll do the same for you.

Once again good luck with this.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Thank you so much, yea i need to start preparing my veggies at night and package them up.. i got them in the freezer but forget to take them out to cook. i went to kroger and the boars head lunch meat.. i get them to slice me a 4 0z section each slice so i can portion.. then i get walnuts/brazil nuts and pecans. and then i eat 2 tbl spoon peanut butter if i dont have time to eat during the day cause of work. i use to consume 260 gram of prtein a day and csometime consume 60 gram in one seating then someone said thats to much for me at 190.. im killing kidneys. what should i do.. so i dropped it by half. but i dunno. ur right bout not trying to go with one diet.. But should i focus right now on more cardio than actuall lifting and is heavy lifting for cutting better or what against light weight and high rep?

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
pics are posted in the pics section!! also. i bought me a bag of carrots im a bring to the shop.=) with some spinach. every morning i do that shake.. but will alternate soon with eggs once i get off my ass to cook em..=/ here is my fitday schedule and i will put on there what i have done and ate..

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=pizzathehut

i havnt done the day of saturday yet. and mseed up yesterday but i have other days what i have done with my high protein. and show what i have done last week and i will proably keep it up this week. going to grocery store and i will post the grocery list i am getting.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Pics look good man, you have a great structure to work with, and looks as if you have a decent base of muscle to build off of. This should be interesting, lets see what you can do!!

Remeber this is a marathon, not a sprint, its gonna take time!

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Workout log Here it goes:
Monday
Chest
Decline DB
35lb 7 sets of 12 reps

decline fly's DB
25lb 7 sets of 12 reps

DB bench press
45lb 7 sets of 12 reps 1/4 method
(go quarter of the way then go back down then go all the way up and thats one rep)

incline DB
40lb 7 sets of 12 reps
(try the same 1/4 if possible) get to klike 4th set and hurting

incline fly's DB
20 lb 7 sets of 12 reps

Beginning of workout i will do 3 sets of like 4 or 5 pullups. cant do 12 yet on my own..=/

monday i will start doing 5 sets of push ups and 5 sets fo pullups, pushups maybe do 10 to 20 reps of each set. and pull ups like 4 or 5. Cardio/Abs in morning as well

Cardio will consist of jump rope for 20 min off and on. punching bag for 10 to 20 min followed by speed bag.

Abs will be hanging leg raise, decline sit up, and side to side for waist super set of 20 rep on each one then rest.( try to this routine 6 days a week.

Thats monday chest workout. then tuesday i will do back wednesday i will rest but do cardio and abs. thursday i will do shoulders and friday i will do bi's and tri's. Saturday sunday will be ab and cardio days. rest on actuall lifitng from anything pushups and pullups.

Followed by the diet i will be posting day by day in the fitday and log. That i will be starting monday, the workout. today and tomarrow is all cardio and abs to jump start me.

please let me know if this is to much or to lil.. and should i throw in more cardio and or other cardio routines?

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
I am going to write something up in regards to the workout, you have to much of some and to little of a lot, but I don't have time at the moment,(will do shortly) but I do have to ask: Do you not train legs, and why?

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
my legs right now, when i was bulking. i was doing legs ALOT i luv doing legs. was squating 405 legg pressing 1160 leg extension clearing all the weight at gym on machine for both front and back. lunges hoolding round 50 lb DB. and then BOOM i try a new routine.. 20 rep squat routine and doing them 3 times out the week. and i over worked my knee and now i am off my legs for 6 weeks..=/ under meds for anti inflamtion and knee exercises and taking glucocime as well with fish oils to get me better..=/ starting monday though i am sorry i forgot to post, that i will be returning to leg workout. but not going as heavy i have to start from scratch and build up my tolerance in my kneee.=/ Legs were my favorite. most people hate them.. i wanted tree trunks so bad.. and then i got hurt.. i was hot.. its been bout 6 weeks or 7 weeks now. and thats why for cardio i was doing punching bag jump rope and sppeeed bag.. i could not bend the knee for nothing..=/ so i ihave to find a leg workout starting monday to incorporate in with my routine but dont do as heavy as i was just yet

I was considering do this as a routine
monday
chest, bi's and tri's

tuesday
back,shoulders, and legs

wednesday
Rest

Thrusday and Friday repeat the cycle as monday and tuesday.

(either doing 10,8,6,4,2 and burnout reducing weight)
or
The high rep low weight?

any suggestions?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Why are you doing pullups on chest day?

But should i focus right now on more cardio than actuall lifting/
No.

is heavy lifting for cutting better or what against light weight and high rep?
Yes.

Lift heavy and max at around 30 minutes of cardio. It seems to me that the routine you have laid out will create some weight loss, but a lot of that weight could end up being lean mass.

Where's the leg day? Don't tell me your legs are strong enough. I will jump through this computer and fight you in the face. :thumbsup: Seriously though, legs are good for you.

7 sets of 12 reps per lift? Dude, that's 420 lifts just for your chest. That sounds like overtraining which leads me back to you potentially losing some lean mass as part of your weight loss. That's not even including the 5 sets of pushups :lol:

I'm just trying to help you out man, don't get frustrated with my post. I'd just hate for your cut to be losing all your lean and keeping most of your fat, it can (and does,) happen.

I'm not the smartest kid on the block either but I'll be around for motivation and making sure you're sticking to it.

BTW, your protein intake looks fine, anywhere between 20 and 40 grams per meal will be more than enough protein per day. Assuming you're eating 6 times a day of course. :head:

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Hell i dont mind critisim, makes u better and getting info from other people.. It helps thats what im looking for.. to see what i am doing right or wrong. What i need to do. cause i came off bulking wghich didnt do right for me. and im new to cutting and im just ging by what i thought and im still doing research.. but getting people knoweldge and what they did to work for them is always a must and good to have.. Piss me off make me work for it.. make it negative or good.. what happens i will push ahrder and harder to make it in my favor.. and no my legs rnt strong enough.. i have to go back this week and redo my legs.. from a knee incident at the gym.. im c9oming off a 6 week knee injury and i have to start back up slowly. I luv legs and i will never give up.. but dont want to not be able to em because of knee. So i am going to find a leg routine that i can use and slowly build them back up to were i was at

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I didn't see your post regarding your legs until after I posted my thoughts. Either way you can do it. Suck up the ego and jump on those leg machines! Light weight baby!

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
lol! **** man, i know i was thinking i was over doin it, but wasnt sure! figure do chest and pullups everyday monday-friday and stop on weekend.. and i will build faster and better.. but dont know.. my bro says more is not always better..=/ thats why im here trying to get a lil helpful advice and see what happens from there..

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=pizzathehut

im right now its 10:30 and i am eating 1 oz of almonds and then going back to get a 4 oz roast beed. and finding some kinda vegetable if i can!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
spinach, saves lives.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
im going to buy spniach after i get off work,, at work right now...=/ see what i got in the ole frig, just got left over roast beef that i got sliced in a 4 oz slice. but should i do 1 tbsp of peanut butter or weight on that or even a protein shake?

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Just finish eating, 4 oz roast beef and 1 oz of almonds, decing if i should take in a protein in a few min or not, but im going to gym at 12 o clock and doing cardio for 30 to 45 min with abs on top of that. ab execerises will consist of planks front and the sides. 3 sets on each at 30 to 45 sec each time. then do a superset of decline sit ups and hanging leg raise with side to side on mahcine. do 3 sets of 20 reps. and if i can find another ab exercise i might throw it in.. when i get home. i will be eating an 8 0z salmon, (skewer) portebella mushroom, roasted peppers, pineapple. with a side of sweet potato. then after that get ready to go out for a lil bit.. and round 2 to 3 hour later i got this bar for meal replacement if i am not home to eat.. and protein shake

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
ALRIGHT I HAD TO HOLD OFF ON THAT LUnch i told u about on the last post, cause of work.. last minute customer messed it all up.. so what i did fixed green beans steamed and drank a lean body shake and handful of walnuts as my 1 o clock meal.. so round 3 or 4 i willl have that meal that i did post earlier and then find me sumthing to eat round 6 ish? any ideas to eat round 6 according to what i have eaten? Didnt get a chance to do any cardio or abs.. but right now as soon as i finish up this food im a wait bout 30 min to an hour and then do abs.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Alright, let me hit you with a couple questions here:

1. How many days per week do you plan to WEIGHT TRAIN?
2. How often would you like to do cardio?
3. Have you figured out the math to all your macros/calories needed to be consumed per day, by setting yourself into a deficit?
5. What type of split would you like? Push/Pull, Upper/Lower, a 4/5/6 day split etc.
6. What are your weak areas, yes I know legs are recovering.

Remember Abs are a muscle, and yes they recover fast, but they too need time to rest. Same goes for the pullups, and pushups.

Try to consolidate your diet more, as this will make it easier for your subscribers to follow. Write down everything you eat that day, and make one post of what you ate for that day. Or since you are tracking your macros in Fitday you could post the link to your overall calorie consumption for that day.

As stated before I am no expert, but in order for others to help, your journal needs to be somewhat navigable. Just trying to help you get some answers to some very good questions. From this journal I get the feeling your heading into this somewhat blind, yet I can sense you are not a total beginner as you said you were bulking to this point.

Oh and your post about alcohol, its just not worth it. Why consume something that will hinder your gains if you are truly wanting this end result?

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
thank u.. I will start a whole complete post,,,, consolidate all in one. i was over exited and just went to town,,,, yea i went into this blind and didnt know which way to go and how to go about doing a log.. this is my first time doing a log. and my first time actually being legit on my diet and and routine to be straight forward on cutting. let me get everything in order.. i already have pics on here so that i can leave out.. i will start a new log. tonight or tomarrow morning. Consisting on my new workout that i am going to do. and aqt end of day then post my eating and put my measuremnts and size down. make it all right and easy for everyone.

1. How many days per week do you plan to WEIGHT TRAIN?
4 Days
2. How often would you like to do cardio?
4 or 5 days
3. Have you figured out the math to all your macros/calories needed to be consumed per day, by setting yourself into a deficit?
Not yet and what you mean? i use to be on 6k calorie a day. now im trying to do like 2k to 2500 a day.

5. What type of split would you like? Push/Pull, Upper/Lower, a 4/5/6 day split etc.
upper/lower
6. What are your weak areas, yes I know legs are recovering.

right now legs since i havnt done in 6 weeks.. but they use to be my strongest point. So as of now i would say either chest or back is weakest. i can only do 4 pullups on my own

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Supplements 17
Supplement Logs 3
Weight Loss 6
Weight Loss 3