• Start date
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just finished cutting and my log was great. It really kelped me keep on track and look at my progress........

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/96809-walking-6pac-aug-7.html#post1467531

Im going to start some DC training and nutrition plan on monday. I am going to losen up the diet this weekend. I'll feel crappy and want to get back on the diet 100% monday so it's a good thing. Here's how I'll be working up to eating, the DC way.

I'm def not going to start of with this many of anything but by sept I'd like to be somthing like this.
Meal 1:
6 whole eggs
8oz OJ
1/2 cup oats (dry)
16oz skim milk
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt

Meal 2:
50gr protein powder
2 peices whole wheat bread
1banana
2tbs natty peanut butter

Meal 3:
8-10oz Chicken or fish
1/4 cup Long Grain Rice
1/2 cup green beans

Post Workout:
50-75gr protein powder
2 cups Oatmeal (dry)

Meal 5:
8-10oz chicken or fish
1/4 cup long grain rice
1/2 cup green beans

Meal 6 & 7:
8oz 90/10 ground beef
1 cup brocoli
1TBS EVOO

Before Bed:
2 scoops Milk Protein

Daily Macros
Protein: ~450gr
Carbs: ~300gr
Fat: ~100gr
Calories: ~4,000

Training

WORKOUT A
Chest
1: Incline Smith
2: Flat DB Bench
3: Decline smith Bench (maybe weighted Dips?)

Shoulders
1: Seated Smith Press to the front
2: Seated DB Over head press
3: Standing Behind the head BB press

Triceps
1: Reverse Grip Smith Bench
2: Skull Crushers (rp 15-30)
3: CB Smith Bench

Back Width
1: Rack Pull Ups to the front
2: Lat Pull Down to the back
3: Pull Ups

Back Thickness
1: Rack Deads
2: T-Bar Row
3: Full Deads

WORKOUT B
Bicep
1: Alternateing DB curls
2: Standing BB curl
3: Seated DB curls

Forearm
1: Hammer curls
2: Reverse Grip BB Curls
3: Rev Grip DB Preacher curls

Hammy's
1: Sumo Heel Leg Press
2: Lying Leg Curl
3: Stiff Deads
Quads (6-8 heavy 3-5min rest 20rep set)
1: BB Squat
2: Smith squat
3: Hack Squat

Calve's
Seated
Standing
Hack squat raise

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
first to sub!!
Looking forward to watch your progress

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbing and wishing you good luck. Legs look like your strong point in those pics. DC will only add to that!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck man.. Quick suggestion is you may need to swap out the standing calf raises, for maybe leg press calf raises or donkey raises.. Try em out, but i know for myself, and many others it is hard to not slip off doing them how he lays it out.

Only other thing is, and you may already know this, but just wrote them in that order, but calves should be after forearms.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck man.. Quick suggestion is you may need to swap out the standing calf raises, for maybe leg press calf raises or donkey raises.. Try em out, but i know for myself, and many others it is hard to not slip off doing them how he lays it out.

Only other thing is, and you may already know this, but just wrote them in that order, but calves should be after forearms.
Yea I just wrote it out wrong. Thanks I'll try the leg press anyways. I usually do slip doing the standing calf rasie as it is.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

Just got done with my first DC workout....it was rough

Incline Smith Bench
225lbs
9x4x2...20 sec static hold=15reps
40lbs DB stretch for 60sec.

Smith Behind the head Shoulder Press
155lbs
10x4x3=17reps
60sec stretch

Reverse Grip Smith Bench
155lbs
10x5x3.....15sec static hold=18reps
45sec stretch with 35lbs DB's

Rack Pull-Ups to the Front
BW
15x8x4
-I def need to add some weight to these

Rack Deads
275x12
-2min rest (should have been longer I know)
405x5
-60sec hang stretch

15min LI cardio on the treadmill

Diet has been spot on 2day. It feels good :bb3:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering... Why so much work with the smith machine?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been interested in DC but I haven't had a consistent training partner. German volume training however seems to be working for me though.
I did that last winter and really enjoy'd it for leg and chest growth. My arms and shoulders didn't seem to respond very well.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering... Why so much work with the smith machine?
Easier to stay in one place for one day kinda thing. Next workout A consists of this. It's kinda like a Smith day, DB and BB day.

DB Bench
DB Shoulder press
Skull Crushers
Lat Pull Down machine to the back
T-Bar Row

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
ok. I was just curious. I have only heard bad things about the smith machine. IE. doesn't build stabilizers and it is much easier.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok. I was just curious. I have only heard bad things about the smith machine. IE. doesn't build stabilizers and it is much easier.
I think it's easier to concentrate on a muscle group so yea stabilizers aren't there but thats what I have DB and BB days for. I guess it has its uses. I never used it much before, only when I had no spotters.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
good to know! and keep up the good work!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now I get to keep an eye on YOU! I didn't even notice you had a cutting log going previously. I'm sorry I missed that. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm surprised you made it all 60 seconds the first time doing the shoulder stretch. I sure as heck didnt come close!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was tough i just got into the zone.

I got my blood glucose meter working! 1 hour after 10oz Tilapia and 1TBS EVOO it reads 81. I didn't test it before because I forgot,lol.

2maro i will test out before and 1hr after the following meals....
1.) 8-10oz chicken & 1/4-1/3 cup rice
2.) 6egg whites, 1 scoop whey isolate(+8oz skim milk) & 1/2 oats n fruit

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats your resting BG reading? I've been meaning to pick of a new one for some measurements.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What brand of meter did you go with? Pry just gonna look for the one with the cheapest strips.

We need to invent a Ketone Breathalyzer to determine when people are in ketosis. Make sum of dat money! :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What brand of meter did you go with? Pry just gonna look for the one with the cheapest strips.

We need to invent a Ketone Breathalyzer to determine when people are in ketosis. Make sum of dat money! :)
Hell yea!!!! I know when I am....my breath smells like sh!t :lol:

I actually got a really really good one at a garage sale. It was un opened because the person it was bought for passed away. I got an One Touch Ultra 2 for $15. It was still box sealed.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a freind pick it up for me because they heard me talking about one. The person gave them a ton of info on diabetes and what not. My friend just shoke their head and said thanks alot. Felt like explaining the situation they'd a thought they were crazy.

It's so nice it barley takes any blood and i get a reading in like 3seconds. It stores a bunch of the readings to and compares them. Im pump'd

I guess you can get one for free at a doctor's office.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buying a BG Meter even though I'm not diabetic is where I draw the line in my training. Haha.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what does the BG meter tell you? I don't understand the whole thing. Haven't done enough reading I guess. What's the main purpose in keeping track of it?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
71 after cardio this morning and 1 AP :)

I also took 5 scoops Xtend.

I did 45min on the treadmill at the good ol' 10 and 3. I'm pissed the coffee shop was out of oats and banana's! I had to settle on a bagel.

Im also pretty sore today.
Thats a pretty low resting BG. I think colin (posts here to) did some BG readings using P-Slin but it didnt seem to alter BG much. But the results and testing methods were not all that conclusive either.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what does the BG meter tell you? I don't understand the whole thing. Haven't done enough reading I guess. What's the main purpose in keeping track of it?
Lower blood sugar levels=less likely to gain fat I think.

After whey and a bagel it was 92 1hr post meal and 102 2hrs. WTF!!!! No more whey/bagel combo's!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lower blood sugar levels=less likely to gain fat I think.

After whey and a bagel it was 92 1hr post meal and 102 2hrs. WTF!!!! No more whey/bagel combo's!
Haha. Isn't that what you want when bulking? Assuming it was a 100% whole wheat bagel...

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha. Isn't that what you want when bulking? Assuming it was a 100% whole wheat bagel...
I dont think so?!? Im still trying to get the whole thing down. It wasn't a whole wheat :sad:

I took 1 AP and ate my meal of 10oz ckicken, 1 cup brocolii, and 1/4 cup brown rice. I took it about 45min after that meal and it was 73 :think:

Maybe a had some sugar or somthing on my finger on the 102 reading.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I made some hamburger helper 2nite. I used some whole wheat pasta instead of the stuff that was in the box. I ate it after 6pm (suppose to be carb cut off) It was only about 75gr of carbs and like 20 from fiber or somthing crazy like that. 2maro should be interesting,lol.

It feels good eating all this food but since adding in milk I've gained 2" on my waist!!!! I knew this would happen it always does. Milk+my stomach dont agree and it always feels like a rock is in there. As long as it stays @ 30" im cool.

I killed it in the protein department. I will have my casien shake at about 9 as always and 2days totals will look like so

Protein: 385gr
Carbs: 200gr
Fat: 80gr
Cals:~3150.....waaaaay to high for right now. I'd like 2,750 to be my total but I'm getting so damn hungry. Worse than when i was dieting and only eatin 2,000! WTF

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout B1

Barbell Curls
65lbs
9x4x2....15sec static hold

DB Hammer Curls
35lbs 12 reps

Seated Calf Raise
90lbs
12 reps....5sec negative, 10sec stretch

Lying Leg Curl
150lbs
9x4x2......15sec static hold

Hack Squat
360x6.......3min rest
90x20

My legs are killing me today. I like it.

Eating is becomming a problem. I'm ****ing starving constatly. I'm drinking 2gal of water/day. Im really puzzeld as to why im so hungry. At night I even tried makeing my meals smaller portions and eating every hour instead of 2 hours and I think that only made it worse.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of people will say they get hungry a lot just before entering ketosis and once they are in ketosis that will diminish some. Hard to say for sure though. Using any appetite suppressants? Great tea works for some...

On the Hammer curls do you alternate arms?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of people will say they get hungry a lot just before entering ketosis and once they are in ketosis that will diminish some. Hard to say for sure though. Using any appetite suppressants? Great tea works for some...

On the Hammer curls do you alternate arms?
I dont think it's because of ketosis. Im eating a decent amount of carbs.

Yea I alternate on the hammer curls.

I got in 30min of LI carido 2day with a good ab/oblique workout. I didn't eat a whole lot 2day. Maybe 300gr protein, 200gr carbs and 75gr fat. Probably what I should be eating for a recomp.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a big drop off there.. Did you mis-judge the weight on these since it was your first time through the rotation?
Yes sir! I felt like a jack ass. Next time the weight on both will be higher.

If you notice all my weights are off. I'm still trying to feel myself out strength wise. After cutting it's kinda hard.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes sir! I felt like a jack ass. Next time the weight on both will be higher.

If you notice all my weights are off. I'm still trying to feel myself out strength wise. After cutting it's kinda hard.
The others aren't too bad.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout!

Workout A2

Flat DB Bench
90lbs
10x4x2

Machine Shoulder Press
150lbs
7x3x1

Skull Crushers
55lbs
30reps total

Lat Pull-Down
160lbs
10x4x3

T-Bar Row
90x12
135x6

After one week I feel bigger, stronger, and leaner (well not any fatter lol). Im very happy :)

Also my X-Factor came 2day.......watch out :bb3:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
YOu guys are making me want to do this crap. I can just hear my friends making fun of me already.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea my friends ask me WTF im doing when they see me do the stretches. Sometimes they think Im just struggling with the weight and rush over to try and help me. It's bad enough I want to cry during some of the stretches but then to try and must....."No, No im stretching let me be" is waaaay more work.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea my friends ask me WTF im doing when they see me do the stretches. Sometimes they think Im just struggling with the weight and rush over to try and help me. It's bad enough I want to cry during some of the stretches but then to try and must....."No, No im stretching let me be" is waaaay more work.
I feel ya there.. I was doing the chest stretch one morning with 50lb db's and was holding it there for a good 35-40 sec when some dude comes running up on me like "BRO do you need some help" It was kind of embarrasing.. Now i just hold them for like 10 sec then do a rep/fly, then back to the stretch. Just so i dont repeat that again...

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diets been kinda crappy 2day. I just haven't eaten a lot. I did 30min of cardio. For dinner I just had some custom hamburger helper with my whole wheat noodles. Followed that up with some reduced sugar cake masterpeice made with sugar free pudding. I figured it was a good post cardio meal. fast and slow carbs with a heafty dose of protein and low fat. I used the 97/3 (25gr protein and 3gr fat per 4oz)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DB curls
40lbs
9x4x2

Pin Wheel Curls with pronation @ top
35lbs