Losing Weight Without Losing Muscle

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyDraven View Post
    ...I will definitely take your advice on that. I'm even going to try really hard not to picture "Bobo" as a grown man with big floppy shoes, a red foam nose, and white face paint, that goes around touching little boys.

Thanks for the props on the gains (or good losses actually). I appreciate it.
    Bobo is the owner of the board. Up until recently he took on clients and did their complete diets for them with all the tweaks that need to be done for indivduals.

I think you will have a hard time using the search function to find his posts. The username Bobo is deleted I think.

He posts under various characters from Seinfeld now. He is "J. Peterman" now I believe but his old posts are connected to that username but the search by username is not connected to those old posts.

Try the advanced search "Key Word:" Bobo

The search will only return 2 pages of results at a time so you'll have to play around with the search options.

Here's his first post before he ended up taking the forum over.

11-04-2002 "Just want to say hello to everyone I know here from bb.com. I just registered and will be posting here more often. Looks like a real nice forum."

Here's a thread he dropped some of his knowledge into about 5 years ago:

Determinants of post-exercise glycogen synthesis during short-term recovery

Determinants of post-exercise glycogen synthesis during short-term recovery

Read his responses in that thread and you'll be hungry to read more from this "clown".

Later.
    -Dat

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Read his responses in that thread and you'll be hungry to read more from this "clown".
    Lol i like the closing statement. Very nice.

Thanks again for your help dat. When Im finished reading the thread im on right now, that thread will be next on my list. I look forward to it.
  3. Registered User

High Intensity Interval Training is the most effective form of cardio to burn body fat without losing muscle. To see the evidence, let's compare these two types of cardio in a real world situation. Sprinters have much more muscle than marathon runners. Sprinters perform a quick burst of effort, followed by a period of resting. Marathon runners train using the "slow and steady cardio" that is recommended by most trainers. I don't know about you, but I would rather look like a sprinter! When you hit cardio, alternate intense sprinting type efforts for 30 seconds followed by a minute or so of a less intense effort. Continue this pattern for 15 minutes. You will burn body fat while keeping that hard earned muscle.
    growingtallerstretches.com/
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JollaBes View Post
    High Intensity Interval Training is the most effective form of cardio to burn body fat without losing muscle. To see the evidence, let's compare these two types of cardio in a real world situation. Sprinters have much more muscle than marathon runners. Sprinters perform a quick burst of effort, followed by a period of resting. Marathon runners train using the "slow and steady cardio" that is recommended by most trainers. I don't know about you, but I would rather look like a sprinter! When you hit cardio, alternate intense sprinting type efforts for 30 seconds followed by a minute or so of a less intense effort. Continue this pattern for 15 minutes. You will burn body fat while keeping that hard earned muscle.
    growingtallerstretches.com/
    You do know this thread is over 2.5 years old, right?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Losing weight with HCG. Next want to gain muscle!
    By FreshlyBlend in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 02:32 AM
  2. New here, losing weight.
    By 03SVTCobra in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 05:51 PM
  4. Help im losing to much weight
    By jspillane08 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9