my 9 week or so cut

dommer

Banned
Awards
ok so a little competition we are doing at work has motivated me to finally take cutting seriously. 15 people are doing the competition ($50 a person to enter $750 to the winner at the end of the 9 weeks)

we are determining the winer by who ever lost the highest percentage of there starting BF percentage example: start at 20%BF end at 10%bf=50%bf loss

Tuesday the 1st i weighed in at 200.6lbs at 24.9%BF (i know its high)

my plan is to keep lifting like normal 5-6 days a week and run for 30-35mins a day everday

diet is going to be for the most part chciken, veggies, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta

july 7th i weighed in at 202lbs 23.0% BF so over those 6 days i lost a total of 1.9%BF i thought that was a pretty good ammount of loss and i had a rather large dinner the night before so im thinking that that is also effecting my weight/fat read out from the scale

dinner last night was steak, pirogies, mushroom&garlic, corn and salad

im also drinking nothing but water, green tea, fat free milk, and the ocasional sugar free red bull/monster

a typical day for me diet wise looks like this
breakfast around 6am-630am: bowl of crispix or rasin bran and a glass of grapefruit juice

snack on nuts yogurt or a protien bar around 8:30-9am at work

eat lunch at 11:30 usually chicken of some type usually with a salad

2:30ish snack on more nuts

4:30 protien shake (hit the gym around 6:30-7pm)

then dinner most of the time either tuna or chicken with some veggies and sometimes rice or pasta

desert usually go with a fat free yogurt or nothing at all

any tips you guys can give me i think the diet looks fairly good and im think im taking in enough calories the only time i feel a little burnt out is when leaveing the gym after running and lifting but i bounce back and feel pretty good by the time i get home (about a 10min drive)

my main motivator in this is winning the money but im going to try and maintain this even after the competition is over and im $750 richer

btw after 3 weeks im in the lead as far as fat loss goes and i felt a lot better about my 23%BF after seeing one girl weigh in at 255lbs at 46.6%BF she started at 46%BF

im going tot try to keep this updated daily or at least frequently during the week today ill post up my actual food intake for today

just wanted to track this here since i already use the diet tracker to count my cals and see what areas im lacking in (how i determine whats for dinner)

week 1: 200.6lbs 24.9%bf took first place
week 2: 202.0lbs 23.0%bf held on to first place (i believe this was influenced by a large Sunday dinner since on friday i weighed my self on the same scale at 197lbs 22.3%bf and that was wearing jeans instead of dress pants so they were significantly heavier no more of them)
week 3:195lbs 21.5% bf still in first place
week 4:
week 5:
week 6:
week 7:
week 8:
week 9:

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
I would swap out that pasta for sweet potatoe at some point, if not now. Whole wheat pasta is very calorie dense, which is good if your on a bulk, but when cutting I find unrefined carbs to be much better. I also noticed your not eating any protein at breakfast? just cereal and juice, which combined together is giving you 80-100g of carbs and no protein. I would ditch that juice and replace it with some eggs (1 whole 5 whites) or a whey shake, or maybe some ground turkey. I would also move your protein shake to immediately post workout, and eat a solid high protein, moderate carb meal at 4:30. It may appear that your eating enough calories but if you add up all that your taking in up there its not much, and fairly low in protein.

dommer

Banned
Awards
i simply do not have time for eggs in the morning. i already wake up at 5:30 just to eat some cereal and get to work by 7 (work is almost 1 hour away for me). i usually grab the protein bar around 8:30 when im fully awake and having my morning coffee

i dont do a shake after the gym because i go directly home and eat only about a 10min gap between gym and home. dinner then cooks while im in the shower. or i mix up some goo tasting tuna as soon as i get out of the shower.

about eating before the gym my body doesnt like food in it when i go to the gym so a meal here is out of the question pregym thats why i do a protein shake there with 2 scoops of whey in it

when i entered a couple of my days into the diet racker here the macros seemed to be pretty good and i usually eat little3 to no carbs at night (only really eat my pasta on the weekends when i work out in the morning/early after noon)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i simply do not have time for eggs in the morning.
If you have a blender chuck in 4 eggs and mix it with some fruit juice, shouldn't take too long to make up. Also if your really short for time just chuck them into a pint glass and shotgun them like Balboa:bb3:

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Boil the eggs the night before. I also like Quaker instant oatmeal "weight control" It's got 7g protein, 29g carbs, 3g fat, 6g fiber, 1g sugar. It's not as satisfying as cereal, but not as sugary (keep in mind 1 cup of milk is 12-14g sugar, double that in a bowl.

Here's an example of what I go for:

4 boiled egg whites, 1pk weight control oatmeal, 1 scoop protein (23g). I added the protein when I ditched the milk (sugar)

Protein: 43g, Sugar: 2.5g. Total carbs: 32g. Fat: 5g.

The oatmeal helps control cravings later on during the day, so I like to start off my day with the carbs and shy away through out the day.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
If you have a blender chuck in 4 eggs and mix it with some fruit juice, shouldn't take too long to make up. Also if your really short for time just chuck them into a pint glass and shotgun them like Balboa:bb3:
LOL at Balboa style. Be wary of the juice you are drinking OP, grapefruit is good i'm sure, but if it's artificial check the sugar content.

SUGAR is the ENEMY! Be wary of the sugar in your protein bar as well. I remember Palumbo once saying that bread has no place in a BBing diet, not even (refined) wheat. Something to consider.

Last edited:
Timmo

Timmo

Awards
You can also microwave scrambled eggs, takes like 2 minutes. When you put that all into the tracker what were the macros and cals?

dommer

Banned
Awards
i dont think i could stomach raw eggs hell i gag when i get that egg snot on my cooked egg

Boil the eggs the night before. I also like Quaker instant oatmeal "weight control" It's got 7g protein, 29g carbs, 3g fat, 6g fiber, 1g sugar. It's not as satisfying as cereal, but not as sugary (keep in mind 1 cup of milk is 12-14g sugar, double that in a bowl.

Here's an example of what I go for:

4 boiled egg whites, 1pk weight control oatmeal, 1 scoop protein (23g). I added the protein when I ditched the milk (sugar)

Protein: 43g, Sugar: 2.5g. Total carbs: 32g. Fat: 5g.

The oatmeal helps control cravings later on during the day, so I like to start off my day with the carbs and shy away through out the day.
how the hell do you guys eat all that in the morning and not fall rite back to sleep

btw i only use 1 cup of nonfat milk in my cereal

yes im aware that you can microwave them pretty quickly but also take into account that you then have to sit down to eat them after they cool off a bit

thanks for all the suggestions guys ill put all my meals for today into the tracker and post up the macros on it

any of you have any advice as to what lifts i could use to target shoulders more ony issue is i have had shoulder surgery and only have about 75% of my motion back the other 25% is gone for ever due to the nature of my injury

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if eggs wont work for breakfast, do a protein shake, or even mix the protein in your oatmeal. also clip out the pirogies :D

The thing is even if your total for the day macro wise looks good, if the meals aren't relatively balanced themselves its still not optimal. first thing in the morning you've gone at least 8 hours with no nutrition, so it is the most important meal to get right

dommer

Banned
Awards
if eggs wont work for breakfast, do a protein shake, or even mix the protein in your oatmeal. also clip out the pirogies :D

The thing is even if your total for the day macro wise looks good, if the meals aren't relatively balanced themselves its still not optimal. first thing in the morning you've gone at least 8 hours with no nutrition, so it is the most important meal to get right
the pirogies where only there cause i made my gf a nice sunday dinner it was pirogies, grilled corn, large salad with tomato cucumber and romaine lettuce, portabellon mushrooms and garlic sauted in a little bit of olive oil and a nice big piece of steak

i actually tried adding the whey to my cereal this morning and choclate whey with 1 cup of crispix and 1 cup of raisin bran tasted extremely good so that will be breakfast from now on

the macros for my meal to day look like this
Protein 174 696 33.3%
Carbs 200 800 38.28%
Fiber 41 164 7.85%
Sugar 105 420 20.1%
Fat 66 594 28.42%
Sat 16 144 6.89%
Poly 17 153 7.32%
Mono 30 270 12.92%

but for some reason the diet tracker isnt counting whey correctly its on counting 5grams of protein per 64grams of whey (2 scoops) correct me if im wrong but it should be a bitt higher then that

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depends on the whey, should be more like 35-45 for that. i'd suggest trying to do what you can to drop the sugar level a little as well, by switching up the specific details of what you eat some. even if you keep total carbs the same, reducing sugar levels should help make it easier to loose fat

dommer

Banned
Awards
depends on the whey, should be more like 35-45 for that. i'd suggest trying to do what you can to drop the sugar level a little as well, by switching up the specific details of what you eat some. even if you keep total carbs the same, reducing sugar levels should help make it easier to loose fat
im using on whey and thats what i plugged into the tracker 1 scoop in the morning 2 scoops in the after noon ive been mixing my afternoon shake with water recently tastes kinda like yohoo

but the macros i posted are lower in protein then they are in real life due to the protein mix up add 3 scoops of whey to those macros to get a better view of it

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ON is usually 24g of protein per scoop, so you are probably good on protein

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
the pirogies where only there cause i made my gf a nice sunday dinner it was pirogies, grilled corn, large salad with tomato cucumber and romaine lettuce, portabellon mushrooms and garlic sauted in a little bit of olive oil and a nice big piece of steak

i actually tried adding the whey to my cereal this morning and choclate whey with 1 cup of crispix and 1 cup of raisin bran tasted extremely good so that will be breakfast from now on

the macros for my meal to day look like this
Protein 174 696 33.3%
Carbs 200 800 38.28%
Fiber 41 164 7.85%
Sugar 105 420 20.1%
Fat 66 594 28.42%
Sat 16 144 6.89%
Poly 17 153 7.32%
Mono 30 270 12.92%

but for some reason the diet tracker isnt counting whey correctly its on counting 5grams of protein per 64grams of whey (2 scoops) correct me if im wrong but it should be a bitt higher then that
does your 200g carbs contain 41g fiber and 105g sugar or are you talkng about 346g total? same with fat? everything seems to be going good. i would recommend bringing your sugar down and maybe even your protien too. most people think that protien is a free-bee but there is no evidence that anything over 1g-1.5g/lb of lbm is beneficial. over that its just extra cals. good luck, im following along.

dommer

Banned
Awards
does your 200g carbs contain 41g fiber and 105g sugar or are you talkng about 346g total? same with fat? everything seems to be going good. i would recommend bringing your sugar down and maybe even your protien too. most people think that protien is a free-bee but there is no evidence that anything over 1g-1.5g/lb of lbm is beneficial. over that its just extra cals. good luck, im following along.
according to the tracker its 200 total when i finish this box of cereal im goign to look into one with less sugar in it to try to cut the sugar down a bit since im guessing thats where a large portion of it is coming from

153lbs of lbm X 1.5=229.5grams of protein

195lbs at roughly 21.5%bf=152lbs of lbm assumeing my math is correct

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
according to the tracker its 200 total when i finish this box of cereal im goign to look into one with less sugar in it to try to cut the sugar down a bit since im guessing thats where a large portion of it is coming from

153lbs of lbm X 1.5=229.5grams of protein

195lbs at roughly 21.5%bf=152lbs of lbm assumeing my math is correct
you got it man, looks correct. i did not do the math 250 just looked really high and i wanted to give you a heads up. it was a mistake i had made for years and very common. are you having a weekly cheat meal or day? just curious.

dommer

Banned
Awards
you got it man, looks correct. i did not do the math 250 just looked really high and i wanted to give you a heads up. it was a mistake i had made for years and very common. are you having a weekly cheat meal or day? just curious.
nope no cheat meals closets thing i have to a cheat meal is breaded chicken cutlets (home made of course)

if you know how to cook you can make healthy meals differently with varying the spices used to give you a completely different taste

despite eating chicken or tuna 7 days a week i never have it prepared the exact same way

a favorite meal of mine that i have at least once a week but takes a day or 2 to prep it (this is my "cheat meal") marinate chicken breast in water(adds volume and dilutes the salty ness),soy sauce, teryaki sauce, fresh chopped garlic, minced onions, a squirt of djon mustard and a little bbq sauce for 1 day then after letting it sit for 1 day dip it in egg and then dip it in bread crumbs the flavor in this is amazing and by marinating it it no where near as salty as if you just cooked it and dipped it in the sauce

ill usually have 1-2 breasts prepared this way with a nice big salad with balsamic and extra virgin olive oil

dommer

Banned
Awards
just figured id update this

its been 6 weeks since i started my cut i started at 200lbs 24.9%bf im now down to 190.2lbs at 19.4%bf my goal and stopping point is going to be some where in the low teens

btw i am still doing this almost 100% natural only supplement i take is protein 6 weeks and down over 5%bf is pretty good i think

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its almost perfect, thats just over 1.5lbs a week, which is nice safe and maintainable

dommer

Banned
Awards
its almost perfect, thats just over 1.5lbs a week, which is nice safe and maintainable
here is the break down of how it came off ive been keeping a better log of weight and fat loss over on a different site i go to more frequently

week 1: 200.6lbs 24.9%bf
week 2: 202.0lbs 23.0%bf (hada big cheat diner with my gf the sunday before inaccurate weight)
week 3:195lbs 21.5% bf
week 4:193.2lbs 21.3%bf
week 5:191.2lbs 20.2%bf
week 6:190.4lbs 19.4%bf

down 10.2lbs from my start weight and down 5.5%bf with 0 stims/fat burners

havent had a single cheat meal since that one big diner btw ive also dropped almost 2"s off my waiste my gf and her friends hate me because im dropping weight so easily when for them to drop 5lbs takes 10times as long

dommer

Banned
Awards
just weighed in again bf now down to 18.7% from 19.4% on monday

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a horrible diet, for cutting or anything else.

I'm going to write a cutting thread in this section within 24 hours, I think it will help you win.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
I would also not measure your bodyfat percentage so frequently, it will vary a little by the day. There really isnt any realistic way you lost almost 1 percent bodyfat in 3 days? Measuring you bodyfat percentage once per week on the same day, at the same time, like every sunday as soon as you wake up, would be a more accurate means of tracking your progress.

dommer

Banned
Awards
That's a horrible diet, for cutting or anything else.

I'm going to write a cutting thread in this section within 24 hours, I think it will help you win.
please elaborate on this

my diet is giving 1-1.5grams per lbs of lbm of protein a day and most days is rite at a 40% protein %carbs 20%fat

i have no lack of energy even after 1.5-2 hours in the gym lifting and running everyday and ive been able to drop 1.5-2lbs a week with little to no lbm loss im just a little confused on this i figured my diet was very clean and giving just what i need

with out a full break down most of my week im eating eggs, natty pb, chicken, lettuce, tomato's, corn, green beans, fiber one cereal, rasin bran, chicken, lean ground beef, brown rice whole wheat breads and pastas, brown rice, and apples/grapefruits

I would also not measure your bodyfat percentage so frequently, it will vary a little by the day. There really isnt any realistic way you lost almost 1 percent bodyfat in 3 days? Measuring you bodyfat percentage once per week on the same day, at the same time, like every sunday as soon as you wake up, would be a more accurate means of tracking your progress.
the only bf/ weight number i really pay attention to is my monday morning weigh in before i eat or drink anything and a .7% loss seems realistic to me considering ive been averaging a 1.5% loss weekly for the most part but again i wont have my offical weight till monday

and as far as the llittle competition goes ive held 1st for 6 straight weeks now and second place has loss less then half of what i lost

dommer

Banned
Awards
just figured id give a update

i won the competition at work i finished at 182lbs and 18.3%bf and now am $700 richer and im going to continue my cut until 12-13% or maybe a little lower when ever abs start showing up

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
just figured id give a update

i won the competition at work i finished at 182lbs and 18.3%bf and now am $700 richer and im going to continue my cut until 12-13% or maybe a little lower when ever abs start showing up
congratz on winning :) good luck with the rest of your cut! :bb3:

dommer

Banned
Awards
thanks so far im actually liking my cutting diet more then how i was eating before i realized how much pizza and all that stuff was just weighing me down for lack of a better term

not to mention i can run longer and harder then i ever have before and my strength is at a all time high and actually went up a bit i may just up the cals a little bit after i hit my goal and maintain this as long as possible feels so much better eating clean

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Awesome job man! I think you'll be excited and like what you see when you get to the lower % bf if you've never been there before. It's exciting because you start to see visible changes in your physique rather quickly at that point.....body also becomes more efficient, being able to handle carbs better and everything. Keep up the good work :clap2:

dommer

Banned
Awards
Awesome job man! I think you'll be excited and like what you see when you get to the lower % bf if you've never been there before. It's exciting because you start to see visible changes in your physique rather quickly at that point.....body also becomes more efficient, being able to handle carbs better and everything. Keep up the good work :clap2:
im already seeing changes and my gf noticed some just over a few weeks when i didnt see her when she went back to school

-gut is almost completely gone (feel that i got a ab in there somewhere just got find it)
-love handles are almost completely gone
-back showing more definition
-chest firming up
-arms got a little bigger
-cardio endurance is better then when i was in highschool (when i was 16-17 im now 22 almost 23)

the only complaint my gf had was my arms are showing a ton of veins in the forearms and bi's and on my right arm i get them in my front delts/chest but she also finds it fun to poke at some of the bigger veins

al in all im pleased but want to keep going with it and get down to around 11-12% an be around 170-175lbs in the end

and i though it was pretty cool that on another message board that im on and logged my status a little better i actually inspired another member to try and do their own first cut phase with my progress