Palumbo Diet: Starting tomorrow.

RwhJR3

RwhJR3

Awards
I'm shooting to start the Palumbo tomorrow. How does this look as an outline: My Goal is to get even more shredded

7am: 4 Eggs (omega 3's)- 13 Slices Bacon (turkey bacon) - 23.5g Fat, 0 Carbs, 63g Protein

930am: 1/2 cup walnuts - 40g fat, 8g carbs (4g fiber), 10g Protein

Noon: Protein Shake/Chicken - minimal fat, 2 carbs, approx 60g protein

3pm: Protein Shake/Bacon - 0 fat, 2 carbs, 89g protein (I can lower if needed)

5pm: 1/2 cup walnuts - 40g fat, 8 carbs (4g fiber), 10g protein

830pm(post/workout): Protein Shake/Bacon/Chicken - minimal fat, 2 carbs, 109g protein:
-----------------------------------------------
Fat: 107g fat (approximate)
Carbs: 22g carbs (8g fiber) - 14g Carbs
Protein: 341g Protein
Calories: 2400

I'm currently 5'9, 178lbs, Training for 8yrs, BF% unknown, approx 7-8%. Supplementing with Fish Oil pills (omega 3,6,9) and BCAA's (Xtend), Protein Powder.
Weight training 5x a week, cardio 4-5x a week for 30 minutes.

Thanks for any input

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Looks ok. You contact him or base a diet around what you read rom others? It sem like youre missing a meal or 2 though, i could be wrong.

Good luck, its tough stuff.

RwhJR3

RwhJR3

Awards
Looks ok. You contact him or base a diet around what you read rom others? It sem like youre missing a meal or 2 though, i could be wrong.

Good luck, its tough stuff.
Thanks, I based a diet from his and others with stuff I like. I might drop the 1/2 cup nuts to 1/3 and lower my protein a little along with supplementing with a fiber supplement 2x a day. Does it look like it can work?

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
4 egg whites or whole eggs? I'm just confused as to it saying 0 carbs. And the 0 fat with shake/bacon.

RwhJR3

RwhJR3

Awards
4 egg whites or whole eggs? I'm just confused as to it saying 0 carbs. And the 0 fat with shake/bacon.
Actually this is the new layout:

Meal 1 (7am): 4 Eggs - 7 slices of Bacon (turkey bacon)
Meal 2 (9:30am): Protein Shake - 1/3 cup Walnuts
Meal 3 (Lunch): Chicken - 7 slices of Bacon
Meal 4 (3pm): Protein Shake - Peanut Butter
Meal 5 (5-5:30pm): Protein Shake - 1/3 cup of Walnuts
Meal 6 (Dinner): Chicken-7 Slices of Bacon-1/3 cup Walnuts

Calories: Approx 2046
Fat:115g
Carbs:24 (12g Fiber)
Protein:276g

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
The new one looks alot better, If I'm right palumbo does not believe in BCAA. He says you'll get all you need from whey and food sources. I think this is crap a supralogical amount will have a effect on the body either good or bad. The reason say that is because if your doing his diet, you might want to follow it ot a tee.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
This andVelocity diet IMo are the hardest to folow, and IT IS all or nothing. There is no slipping on those 2 or youll f yourself up. Plan on ONE/1 cheat day a week and keep it limited to protein and very very low carbs. Its hard not to cheat but ideal not too.

I plan on running this diet soon too. I may follow your second setup close. Instead of the bacon though i love Lean Turkey Sausage. I think its the same thing.

And yes those are whole eggs im pretty sure since they are Omega-3 ones.

EDIT: You dont like amlonds? I think it would be more ideal thasn walnuts.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
That's an insanely low amount of carbs. You will definitely be lethargic during this diet, but it will shred you.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
That's an insanely low amount of carbs. You will definitely be lethargic during this diet, but it will shred you.
haha its the idea. The fats will provide plenty of energy. Not saying you wont feel rough but youll make it.
Use other things to help out for energy.
GreenTea Try to keep off Caffeine though, Palumbo isnt a fan cause it stress' the CNS and can increase cortisol. I am guessin since its diet you should follow thatrule.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is a bit of a "blanket" statement. It really depends on the person..

Personally, i only consume trace carbs most of the week, and feel absolutely fine. I noticed i felt even better when i cleaned up my fat sources.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Yah sorry you are right, I'm just speaking from my personal experience. I love carbs and my body seems to utilize them for energy far better than fat, even good fat, so this 12 week cut is agony for me. I look forward to my carb day every week like it's xmas

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established

looks good.

If you can hang in there should work out good for you, definitly need some fiber in there. Ive done this before and i would carb up once a week, nothing crazy but 100-200 carbs. Kept me from going insane.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

its not the atkins... drop the bacon

as far as your eggs

4 whole eggs is only 24g of protein, so have 5-6 white with it.

other wise its good

1200mg Evening primrose oil daily with 3-9 g fishoil
multi
take fiber sups

you wont get lethargic, ull be in ketosis after 3-5 days and enegy would be steady after the first 2 weeks have a cheat mean and stay away from HFCS and trans fats, then have it every week 1 time a week on the same day.

dont touch the diet when fat lose haults, you want to increase cardio, and go on fat burners. then and only then will the diet need tweeking.

theres no limit on sodium