How's this for a moderate cut diet?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

I'm 5'10 200lbs. Lift weights for about 1.25hr 3 times a week and do 30 minutes of HIIT at least once a week, usually twice. BF right now is probably 11.

Cals too low? I'm concerned about losing muscle so I don't want to do anything crazy. I'd buy something like xtend or purple wraath, but I can't spend 40/50 bucks a month on something like that.

Edit: On Sat and Sun I'll be carbing up with pasta, pizza and chipotle.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'10" and about well now... around 166. I've been cutting using 1600 cals and running Adrenalean by DS. Click on my link in my sig to checkout the diet.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
My goal weight is nonexistant. I don't care what I weight as long as I don't lose muscle and lose some amount of BF. I'd like to be 9%

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
looks like ur training on zero carbs dude, i guess it could be done but for how long?

the cals are ok maybe abit too low to jump into and prob make those meals into 6 meals somehow, keeps the metabolism going.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Not really sure about the low carb. Anabolic diets supposedly never needs to be turned off so long as cholesterol is doing well. We'll see how it goes. If I lose some muscle from it I'll get some AP and carb up again. Keep in mind, also, that I'll be eating probably 1000 grams of carbs on Saturday and Sunday. I probably should have mentioned that.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
ah refuel on the weekend..ic

sounds good, now is that 500g each day or 1000g both sat and sun?:p

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Not sure. It will probably end up being more like "as much as I can get down"

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established

I'm 5'10 200lbs. Lift weights for about 1.25hr 3 times a week and do 30 minutes of HIIT at least once a week, usually twice. BF right now is probably 11.

Cals too low? I'm concerned about losing muscle so I don't want to do anything crazy. I'd buy something like xtend or purple wraath, but I can't spend 40/50 bucks a month on something like that.

Edit: On Sat and Sun I'll be carbing up with pasta, pizza and chipotle.
Watch the fat content. You can actually get fat pretty easily on this diet if you go overboard and eat things like chipotle and pizza every weekend. You will have trouble losing weight if you don't keep your fat content LOW during the carb up. I opt for a carb up w/ 60% CHO/30%PRO/10% fat. This works best. I have been CKD for 8 months now and only in the last few months have I really dialed it in for fat loss.

You also need to train a certain way on this diet to take advantage of your glycogen stores as well as achieving maximum glycogen supercompensation. What does your training look like?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
You should also split up your meals so that you are eating 6-7 times per day. And you should be getting 30g of fiber per day on this diet to stay regular, help slow digestion, lose fat, and lower cholesterol.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Watch the fat content. You can actually get fat pretty easily on this diet if you go overboard and eat things like chipotle and pizza every weekend. You will have trouble losing weight if you don't keep your fat content LOW during the carb up. I opt for a carb up w/ 60% CHO/30%PRO/10% fat. This works best. I have been CKD for 8 months now and only in the last few months have I really dialed it in for fat loss.

You also need to train a certain way on this diet to take advantage of your glycogen stores as well as achieving maximum glycogen supercompensation. What does your training look like?
What should it look like?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Training on this diet is a bit unusual as you have to do what your glycogen stores can support in order to achieve the best results. You should train with 80-85% of your 1RM early in the week while your glycogen stores are full enough to support it. So, for instance if you carb up from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon then Monday and Tuesday can be your tension workouts using roughly 80% of your 1RM. Then literally right before the carb up you perform a full body depletion workout at about 50% of your 1RM (this can include drop sets, etc.). So, if we are going with the same hypothetical then you can perform your full body depletion workout on Friday and literally when you put down the last weight you begin your carb up. At this point your body will be like a sponge ready so soak up all the glycogen that you consume during the carb up. Many people don't realize that this diet is geared more toward a recomp than a cut (the full body depletion workout is key here). I never really got the "feel" for this diet (from a fatloss standpoint) until I started incorporating this training protocol that maximizes glycogen stores. Good luck.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Training on this diet is a bit unusual as you have to do what your glycogen stores can support in order to achieve the best results. You should train with 80-85% of your 1RM early in the week while your glycogen stores are full enough to support it. So, for instance if you carb up from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon then Monday and Tuesday can be your tension workouts using roughly 80% of your 1RM. Then literally right before the carb up you perform a full body depletion workout at about 50% of your 1RM (this can include drop sets, etc.). So, if we are going with the same hypothetical then you can perform your full body depletion workout on Friday and literally when you put down the last weight you begin your carb up. At this point your body will be like a sponge ready so soak up all the glycogen that you consume during the carb up. Many people don't realize that this diet is geared more toward a recomp than a cut (the full body depletion workout is key here). I never really got the "feel" for this diet (from a fatloss standpoint) until I started incorporating this training protocol that maximizes glycogen stores. Good luck.
Very informative, much appreciated.

Quick question, though, since you seem to know your stuff.
You can see that my diet posted isn't totally carb free. Is that a major problem or is it low enough to produce the same results? I'll have to eliminate my 03 eggs, walnuts, brats, and cheese sticks if I want to go 0 carbs. I'm not sure what' I'd replace those calories with.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Very informative, much appreciated.

Quick question, though, since you seem to know your stuff.
You can see that my diet posted isn't totally carb free. Is that a major problem or is it low enough to produce the same results? I'll have to eliminate my 03 eggs, walnuts, brats, and cheese sticks if I want to go 0 carbs. I'm not sure what' I'd replace those calories with.
I wouldn't worry about it. However, for the first 1-2 days low carb during the week I would try and stay as close to zero grams of carbs as possible. I never met this goal, but I could get it down somewhere around 10g of carbs while still eating comfortably. It shouldn't make a difference. I would, however, invest in an insulin manipulation product for the first two days that you are low carb during the week. I use NA-RALA at 150mg on Monday morning and again on Monday evening. And then another 150mg before breakfast on Tuesday. This well help get your blood glucose down to an optimal level.
I'm kinda in a hurry to get to work now so I can't elaborate further at the moment. But if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it. However, for the first 1-2 days low carb during the week I would try and stay as close to zero grams of carbs as possible. I never met this goal, but I could get it down somewhere around 10g of carbs while still eating comfortably. It shouldn't make a difference. I would, however, invest in an insulin manipulation product for the first two days that you are low carb during the week. I use NA-RALA at 150mg on Monday morning and again on Monday evening. And then another 150mg before breakfast on Tuesday. This well help get your blood glucose down to an optimal level.
I'm kinda in a hurry to get to work now so I can't elaborate further at the moment. But if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
Thanks for your help thus far. I'm sure I'll have some more questions for you.