protien/carb/fat while dieting

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
hey ive been looking at lot of different diets and diets ideas and im still in the beginning stages of the fat burning process. trying not to cut too much at once.

any think 1.5g per lb of body in protein, 1g per lb in carbs and .5g per lb in fat is too much?

.5 grams of fat is literally like 100grams a day that im trying to squeeze in almost all of it after 7:30sih as im trying to avoid mixing my fat and carbs. u think thats too much fat to consume at that point? its all good fats, oilive oil and natty PB mainly.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If you eat all 100g after 730 you're gonna **** your pants bro; and it will be RANK

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I wouldnt put much effort into separating carbs and fats. It's a bogus methodology IMO.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
Personally, I wouldnt put much effort into separating carbs and fats. It's a bogus methodology IMO.
ok to each their own, but im gona stick with it for now and c what happens. other than the overall calories seem good to u for a beggining of a cut? this will go on for about 6 weeks, not trying to shock my body too much, as time goes ill gradually cut carbs and fat.

ah 1 more thing, u think the calories are just high enough to maybe even make some muscle gains? i know when i really cut the carbs and fat that its gona be more holding on to muscle and no gaining, but as for now what do u think?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
that sounds as bogus as trying to get all of your protein in one serving. imagine 250 grams of protein in one sitting. not smart. your body doesnt work that way.

i think you should take in carbs only at breakfast, then pre and post workout, and the rest of your meals should be mainly protein and fat. if you truly believe you need to keep them seperate, i would give that a shot.

split looks good tho. will make for a nice recomp.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Let me share with you my system. It works well for me and I got it from a competition BBer.

First of all, you must base a bulk or a cut on how many calories you burn in a day. So as opposed to making a diet based on percentages of your weight, find out the calories you need to not gain or lose weight and work a diet off of that.

When I cut, I place mucho importance on keeping my fat and protein where it should be and only drop the calories in carbs.

So say you want to drop to an intake of 2000 cals per day (where as your maintenance is 2300 a day for example). And say your weight is like 215 as yours is.

Given that 1 g of protein or carbs is 4 cals, and 1 g of fat is 9 cals here we go:

215 g of protein (1 g x lb) = 860 cals

using the 40/40/20 macro (based on maintenance) tells us you need 51 grams of fat = 460 cals

Which leaves you with 680 cals left divided by 4 = 170 grams of carbs.

215 g of protein
51 grams of fat
170 grams of carbs
= 2000 cals a day

Obviously you can tweak the macro or your intake of calories.

And I concur with the other views that you must spread your instake of all three throughout the day. Nothing should be left at the end, carbs should be tapered down through the day and I do believe there is no real issue surrounding fats and carbs at once
Hope this helps :)

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
heres a sample diet iev been folooing pretty mushc to a tee. took me a week or so to tweak out some details. its pretty much this every day. once in a while i switch up the type of food but its pretty much the same macros ecery day. days i dont lift are lower cuz i missing the pre/post meals i usually replace those with 1 meal of chicken, rice and broccoli.
11:25am-12:05pm cardio

12:10pm- 1 scoop whey 24p 3 c 1f

12:30-1pm
9 whites 30p
2/3 cup oatmeal 8p 40c 4 f

3:30pm
1.5 chicken breast 35p 1 f
3/4 cup brown basmati rice 3.75 p 33.75 c 1f
1 cup cooked broccoli 5.7 p 9.8 c

5:30pm pre workout
1/2c oatmeal 6p 30c 3f
1 scoop whey 24p 3 c 1f

7:05 pm post workout
2 scoops whey 48p 6c 2f
3 tbs honey 51 c

8:10pm
1.5 chicken breast 35p 1f
3/4 c brown rice 3.75 p 33.75c 1 f
1 c broccoli 5.7 p 9.8 c

10:10pm
3 tbs natty peanut butter 15p 6c 24 fat
5 slices turkey breast 18p (this meal lately ive been havig 60-70grams of skim milk cheese about 22-25p 0c 2f or even mix a scoop of a whey instead

12:10 am
1 can tuna 30p
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil 18f

2:05 am
1 scoop whey 24p 3c 1 f ( at night ive been trying to have some egg whites here, keeps me fuller , about 6 whites and the peanut butter, plus egg whites are casein protein)
2 tbs natty PB 10p 4c 16f

332 protien 230carbs and about 74 fat most other days pretty much look like that. i took into consideration pretty much every macronutrient.
protein= 1328 carbs= 920 fat=666 total cals 2914
for the most part i manage to keep my carb/fat mix to a minimum. so far ive lost about 7-8 lbs, of fat by the looks. in a few more weeks ill lower my carb and fat intake even more. for now u think its possible to be putting on any muscle with this calorie intake? i know at the least ill be holding it.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
Let me share with you my system. It works well for me and I got it from a competition BBer.

First of all, you must base a bulk or a cut on how many calories you burn in a day. So as opposed to making a diet based on percentages of your weight, find out the calories you need to not gain or lose weight and work a diet off of that.

When I cut, I place mucho importance on keeping my fat and protein where it should be and only drop the calories in carbs.

So say you want to drop to an intake of 2000 cals per day (where as your maintenance is 2300 a day for example). And say your weight is like 215 as yours is.

Given that 1 g of protein or carbs is 4 cals, and 1 g of fat is 9 cals here we go:

215 g of protein (1 g x lb) = 860 cals

using the 40/40/20 macro (based on maintenance) tells us you need 51 grams of fat = 460 cals

Which leaves you with 680 cals left divided by 4 = 170 grams of carbs.

215 g of protein
51 grams of fat
170 grams of carbs
= 2000 cals a day

Obviously you can tweak the macro or your intake of calories.

And I concur with the other views that you must spread your instake of all three throughout the day. Nothing should be left at the end, carbs should be tapered down through the day and I do believe there is no real issue surrounding fats and carbs at once
Hope this helps :)

hey that looks good man, but at this point i dont think im gona be cutting my cals down to that, YET.
right now its beginiing stages, dropped my cals and ive added 30-40 minutes cardio right when i wake up ( which differs weekly cuz of shift work:( ) or before my last meal at least 6 days a week.

cardio on tread at about 4-5 incline at 3.3-3.5 mph. or ill do the fat burner program on the stair master at about a level 5 intensity.

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have a great setup! I was just using 2000 cals as an easy example.