I needdd help.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.93%

I needdd help.

Ok I did write a long ass paragraph, and somehow I hit refresh, and lost all the text i wrote so yeah. Short and sweet this time.

I weighed 346 lbs 1 yr and some change ago, now im about 240-250 (depending if im taking creatine monohydrate)

My weight loss has come to a creeping halt. I havent lost any body fat in the last 5 months or so. I have increased my eating by alittle, but didnt think it was enough to stop it. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Usually do 30 min or so of cardio (6.4mph@20 min and 5 min walking starting and ending)
    and i lift for about an hour and a half, usually hitting 3 muscle groups..What am I doing wrong? any advice? The fat i never see change is in the abdomen and love handle and lower back.

The way I lost those 100 lbs were eating once a day, a blimpie chicken ceasar wrap, and that was it for the day.
    Id say now, I consume about 1500 calories on average~.

(oh yeah, have a current back injury from setting down a barbell... the pain is only on my left side in my lower back, no where else, and usually only hurts when i stand up or lean to the left.. any help there?)

Have added pics...
    If youd like to see more about my weightloss and transformation (huge transformation)
    myspace.com/eskiho

Oh yeah, whats up with my biceps? :/ so far from the forearm
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

your not eating nearly enough, which may sound crazy, but if your only eating 1500 calories a day your metabolism has probably grinded to a screaching hault, you cant continually eat such a huge calorie defecit without your body adapting and slowing your metabolism. Are you taking any supplements? fat burners etc? post your diet for people here to tweak for you too. Also, in my expierience it is very hard for people losing over 100lbs to get a tight look in the lower abs and back because of loose skin, start moisturizing that skin like crazy with some kind of colagen cream. That skin will tighten up in time, but how much will depend on alot of factors.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yeah, like previously said, you need to eat more.

Start with 6 meals a day, small portions, good carbs such as oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, black beans, etc. Lean meats with fish, grilled chicken, things like that. Some brocollis and other lean vegetables would work well for you.

Right now you're eating so little that your body will just retain everything in order to maintain body function. You won't be gaining any muscle and they will be source of energy as well so you're actually losing muscle. Try to focus on a diet that will help you gain some lean mass, that'll help to boost your metabolism up and therefor decrease body fat.

Eat lean, eat many times throughout the day, workout, do cardio (but not too much cardio), get your needed rest and the fat lbs will gradually turn into lean lbs.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Up it to 3000 calories a day spread out over 6 meals, that should be about 750 below maintenance if you're weighing 250lb.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%

Yup, when you up your calories you might gain a couple pounds in the first week or two because of your metabolism being slow but it will adjust quick and you will be back on track soon. Eating and digesting food has a thermic effect on the body which allows you to burn more calories and fat. You have to be commited to long term results, drastically cutting your calories, or only eating one meal a day like you did before may work for a short time but in the long run isnt healthy and is a step in the wrong direction.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
    Yup, when you up your calories you might gain a couple pounds in the first week or two because of your metabolism being slow but it will adjust quick and you will be back on track soon. Eating and digesting food has a thermic effect on the body which allows you to burn more calories and fat. You have to be commited to long term results, drastically cutting your calories, or only eating one meal a day like you did before may work for a short time but in the long run isnt healthy and is a step in the wrong direction.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Great transformation. Don't starve yourself to lose weight as your body will eventually go into defense mode.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Up it to 3000 calories a day spread out over 6 meals, that should be about 750 below maintenance if you're weighing 250lb.

I'd say up it to that but do it by raising daily by 200cal more every 3 days. don't try to jump all at once to 3000 cal, it will be hard and painful
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

You have some great ideas above. Feel free to PM me if you want some help, you definitely need to increase your calories - and spread throughout the day.

As far as your back tweak goes, I wouldn't worry about it to much. Just work around it for a couple days, and it should be fine. I used to do that once every couple months - doing something retarded and it bothered the hell out of me for a week at the most - then all good. Chances are its just a minor pull or strain.