what am i doing wrong this time?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.43%

what am i doing wrong this time?

broke my leg last augest needing surgery and went through a bunch of stressful times since.....both leading me to go from 175 to 205.5. For the last 8-12 months ive been doing the 12oz curls pounding beer, eating crap, and just not being active. i spent 5 nights a week at the bar and would have anywhere from 7-10 beers a night, i was eating carbs ,fast food ,pizza daily. After stepping on the scale and looking in the mirror i felt it was time for a serious change and go get back to the way i was. I wasnt feeling well, had 0 energy. I started the plan i used to do to cut weight but it seems this time its not showing the results it did last year. please help me tweek my plan if you see any flaws.

as for diet i cut alcohal completely....havent drank anything but water (LOTS OF WATER) for the past 3 weeks and it feels great not having a hangover 5 days a week.

morning 9am = 4 egg whites 4 pieces of turkey sausage or turkey bacon

11am = fiber bar piece of fruit

1pm = half a package of ground turkey or chicken breast and mixed veggies (mostly broc or spinach)

3pm = other half of ground turkey and a bannana or a orange

5pm = pre workout....muscle milk mrd

post workout = small container of white grape juice 5g creatine

8pm = fillet of fish grilled (no breading no oil) mixed veggies or a lean strip steak or grilled chicken breast.

9pm = half a cup of either cottage cheese or mixed nuts

workout

since starting this diet/workout plan i have ridden my bike about 120 miles per week to work. 15miles each way at moderate speed. total of 12 hours a week on the bike.

4 days a week at the gym i start with 30-45 min on the elliptical at 65-70%mhr followed by a circuit program doing about 70% of max for 15-20 reps per set.

im 27 and was on this plan from dec-mar of 06 and saw the scale drop by the day but now after 3 weeks i went from 205.5 to 201.5.

its getting really frustrating putting this time in and making sacrifices in just about every aspect of my life and not seeing the results on the scale.

i know i could be putting on muscle but could it be that much? could my metabolism have slowed that much? whats going on here?

thanks for any advice

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235.9 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.57%

Lol... dude chill... you are psyching yourself out. A 4 lbs lost in 3 weeks is ok. You losing weight everyday at the beginning was a combination of water and glyocogen loss. Now your losing bodyfat and your body can't metabolize 3,500 kcals of just fat aday. After a week I'll either drop some carbs or do more cardio. Don't freak out thats the best why to fugged up what your trying to acomplish. Why are your reps so high????
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.34%

what is your P/C/F ratio? Caloric intake daily? Riding a bike is great cardio only issue is most of the time it is not constant due to stoppage riding around town

still 1lb a week is great. Did not take a night to put the weight on so it will take 2x as long to drop it mate.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic79 View Post
    Lol... dude chill... you are psyching yourself out. A 4 lbs lost in 3 weeks is ok. You losing weight everyday at the beginning was a combination of water and glyocogen loss. Now your losing bodyfat and your body can't metabolize 3,500 kcals of just fat aday. After a week I'll either drop some carbs or do more cardio. Don't freak out thats the best why to fugged up what your trying to acomplish. Why are your reps so high????

im doing the high reps to keep my heartrate up. try to take 1-2 min rest between exercises and 30secs between sets
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

have you done measurements? cause its moderately possible you are doing a bit of fat loss with muscle gain, thats particularly easy at the beginning. Also, turkey bacon/sausage and even ground turkey isn't always all that low fat, sometimes its as bad as some of the pork/beef products. and not that fats are bad per se, but have to really watch out for those cals. you can track your diet here on AM, or use fitday.com to get a closer look at totals for the day
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.91%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Also, turkey bacon/sausage and even ground turkey isn't always all that low fat, sometimes its as bad as some of the pork/beef products. and not that fats are bad per se, but have to really watch out for those cals.
    well put, if i had to make a change i would say to cut out some fats from your diet. also check out that muscle milk, it taste great but if i remember correctly it is fairly high in fats for a protien shake.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.43%

Quote Originally Posted by sf9ersfan8 View Post
    well put, if i had to make a change i would say to cut out some fats from your diet. also check out that muscle milk, it taste great but if i remember correctly it is fairly high in fats for a protien shake.

yeah i was thinking the same thing...... sucks cuz yeah muscle milk does taste damn good for a pro shake

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP! Something is wrong with me
    By bsypher in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 09:41 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
  3. What is wrong with me?!?
    By mountainboy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 08:49 PM
  4. This is funny, wrong, and scary at the same time....
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 12:58 PM
  5. WTF wrong with me?
    By DmitryWI in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:46 AM