when to shake???

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when do ya have ur post workout shake after weights? or after cardio?

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
I wondered that too. If you work out and then do cardio for 30 to 45 minutes, is that bad as far as what muscles you just worked out having to wait so long?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I wondered that too. If you work out and then do cardio for 30 to 45 minutes, is that bad as far as what muscles you just worked out having to wait so long?
When I'm in the mode where I'm finishing up weights with cardio, I slam the BCAA's during cardio to prevent catabolism / keep the energy up - then do the protein in the locker room. I have the powder all set up in my shaker cup.

I guess the alternative is chugging protein then hitting the cardio, which could be a bit "unsettling" if you will.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
During cardio if you do cardio after weights. If not, within 30 mins of finishing your weight-training should be fine.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Depends on how long cardio will be. If it's anything over 30 minutes I have my shake after weights then full meal when done with cardio.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
As soon as I get home from the gym. I only live 2 min away though.

tpduke112

Awards
I drink mine directly after I finish cardio.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I pound my PWO shake in the lobby of the gym as soon as I finish resistance training.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
what if ur cardio is first thing in the morning empty stomach? do u go home and just eat ur regular breakfast of eggs and cereal? and what about if u do ur cardio before bed? do u just go home and have ur bedtime shake and sleep?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I lift around 30-40 minutes after my pre-workout meal and sip on BCAAs throughout my workout. My workout usually lasts between 40-50 minutes. Currently, I follow my workout with 25 minutes of walking (4.0 mph inclined) cardio. I sip on BCAAs throughout cardio also. I then take my protein shake after cardio (within 10 minutes - however long it takes to get out of the gym). I then have a meal within 45 minutes after my PWO shake.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
what if ur cardio is first thing in the morning empty stomach? do u go home and just eat ur regular breakfast of eggs and cereal? and what about if u do ur cardio before bed? do u just go home and have ur bedtime shake and sleep?

you just answered both your questions there, i'd do exactly that :)

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
I do 5 grams BCAA while cardio, then WMS, creatine and 10 more grams BCAA after. 30 min after that 2 scoops whey, 45 min after that regular meal. Thats how I use to do it, now I just drink my shake after I lift....I don't do cardio after I lift. 10 weks out I'll adopt this regimen again.