Food on the Go - AnabolicMinds.com

Food on the Go

  1. austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    284

    Reputation

    Food on the Go


    Does anyone have any suggestions for food that is easy to make at home and easy to take with you? I am trying to get my diet in line and then work on losing about 10 to 15 libs. Currently, I am 5'10" and about 225. I work construction and am trying to find stuff that is easy to make at home and healthy for losing weight. I need to bring about two to three meals with me a day and can keep the food cool once at work. Trying to get away from eating off the roach coach that comes by twice daily. T

  2. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    I have stocked up on a sh*t-ton of Muscle Milk n Oats. Not sure you could make that and let it sit - might become a brick.

    Could look at baking/grilling some chicken breasts the night before with some sweet potatoes. You could get a Tupperware big enough to put one breast and most of one potato, I think.
  3. cranghel099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    257

    Reputation

    handful of mixed nuts bagged up in plastic bags or 4 ounces of cheese ( 4 string cheeses) make good snacks between main meals
    •   
       

  4. Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,298
    Rep Power
    49681

    Reputation

    I take chicken breasts to work with me, sometimes in a sandwich or maybe on its own, potatos too. sometimes pasta but it gets a bit dry!

    for snacks i'll take bananas, bag of rasiens. I get free milk at work so i down a few litres of that
  5. JonLanni's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    108

    Reputation

    grilled chicken . tuna wraps . sandwiches. nuts. lots of water. protein bars.
  6. KingMeso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    432

    Reputation

    To add to some of the items already listed.

    Outside of making your food ahead of time and taking it with you, some quick choices could be low sodium canned tuna and chicken.

    Low fat beef jerky isn't too bad of a snack. Just watch your sodium intake. Jerky is high.
  7. austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    284

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I have stocked up on a sh*t-ton of Muscle Milk n Oats. Not sure you could make that and let it sit - might become a brick.

    Could look at baking/grilling some chicken breasts the night before with some sweet potatoes. You could get a Tupperware big enough to put one breast and most of one potato, I think.
    Are you saying you mix the muscle milk and oats?
  8. SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11113

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    Are you saying you mix the muscle milk and oats?
    It's actually a product made by muscle milk.

    It's MUCH cheaper to do it yourself. 1-2 scoops of whey, .5 to 1 cup of rolled/steel cut oats, and 8-16oz. water/milk. Delicious. The only thing missing is a tbsp of evoo if you want some fat in that meal.

    ATJ Nutrition Protein Recovery Balls! They're ball-tastic! I think I'll have some right now!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1286

    Reputation

    sometimes ill mix around 2 pounds of beef/chicken into organic, whole wheat macaroni mix. It's the same prep as kraft mac n cheese, just healthier. Theres, im sure, a lot of different companys out there, i like amy's and target brand, i think its archer farms.

    the only down side is the sodium, but its almost a whole days nutrient's anyways, so you can just fill in the gaps with shakes/vegetables whatever.
  10. austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    284

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    sometimes ill mix around 2 pounds of beef/chicken into organic, whole wheat macaroni mix. It's the same prep as kraft mac n cheese, just healthier. Theres, im sure, a lot of different companys out there, i like amy's and target brand, i think its archer farms.

    the only down side is the sodium, but its almost a whole days nutrient's anyways, so you can just fill in the gaps with shakes/vegetables whatever.
    Just to let you know, I took this into consideration and used it. It came out to be about 40/40/20. I'm starting my diet tomorrow so thanks for the help. Any other suggestions, thanks
  11. jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    It's actually a product made by muscle milk.

    It's MUCH cheaper to do it yourself. 1-2 scoops of whey, .5 to 1 cup of rolled/steel cut oats, and 8-16oz. water/milk. Delicious. The only thing missing is a tbsp of evoo if you want some fat in that meal.

    ATJ Nutrition Protein Recovery Balls! They're ball-tastic! I think I'll have some right now!
    I've tried my own - doesn't come out as good as the Muscle Milk n Oats product.

    It's only 2 bucks each. Better than most stuff I can make for myself that only takes 2 mins. to make.

    The ATJ ones taste fine - but don't measure up in terms of cost per gram of protein. They come out to about $1.50 per 5 balls that has 20 grams of protein. The MM n Oats is $2 for 30 grams. Not to mention the MM n Oats sticks with me longer.
  12. futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1286

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    Just to let you know, I took this into consideration and used it. It came out to be about 40/40/20. I'm starting my diet tomorrow so thanks for the help. Any other suggestions, thanks

    Glad it worked out for ya. If i think of anything else ill be sure to post it. Im all about an easy meal.
  13. austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    284

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I've tried my own - doesn't come out as good as the Muscle Milk n Oats product.

    It's only 2 bucks each. Better than most stuff I can make for myself that only takes 2 mins. to make.

    The ATJ ones taste fine - but don't measure up in terms of cost per gram of protein. They come out to about $1.50 per 5 balls that has 20 grams of protein. The MM n Oats is $2 for 30 grams. Not to mention the MM n Oats sticks with me longer.
    thanks for the input......
    ps go 'noles
  14. wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    875

    Reputation

    Plain protein- Chicken breast. Turkey slices. Chicken strips.
    Protein with carbs- Chicken breast sandwich. Turkey sandwich. Oatmeal mixed with protein shake.

    Those are just a few examples..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  2. Marijuana,metabolize food, just like alcohol and food?
    By socal101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 05:36 PM
  3. food....
    By suncloud in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
  4. Food On the Go
    By Doug8796 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
  5. RPM and food
    By biarwood in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in