any legitimacy to localized spot fat reduction?

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
I've read a bit about injections (and a needle with multiple needle points to spread out the injection somewhat over an area along with injecting yohimbine and clen to target a specific body area that is very resistant to fat loss.

I've also read about a substance that can deliver medications transdermally very effectively and wonder if there is any legitimate use of this combined with the above 2 substances or other substances to produce real measurable and effective fat reduction in an area of the body that is very resistant.

Or other info on the legitimacy/effectiveness of targeting a specific area with injection or transdermal delivery.

I've read there are treatments by certain dr's that are controversial and expensive and not interested in that.

I"m curious about the possibilty to target a specific area on the body with chemicals to speed up fat loss in that area either through injecitons or trandermal application.

If there are other sites that discuss this I would be interested in exploring them as well but am not looking for some craze/fad that is bunk.

Thanks for any feedback with accurate and knowlegeable info.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In the interest of not writing out a book, I would say that unless you are prepared to continue any of those therapies over the long term then concentrate on basic, established bodyweight management.

The body is incredibly efficient and will simply re-store any new bodyfat according to genetic programming.

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
In the interest of not writing out a book, I would say that unless you are prepared to continue any of those therapies over the long term then concentrate on basic, established bodyweight management.

The body is incredibly efficient and will simply re-store any new bodyfat according to genetic programming.
Thanks for the feedback, no I don't want to make a lifetime goal of injecting every week for life to rid and keep off 3 lbs in a specific area lol

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I"m curious about the possibilty to target a specific area on the body with chemicals to speed up fat loss in that area either through injecitons or trandermal application.

If there are other sites that discuss this I would be interested in exploring them as well but am not looking for some craze/fad that is bunk.

Thanks for any feedback with accurate and knowlegeable info.
If you're still interested in this, check out Avant Research's Napalm or Avant Labs' LipoDerm. These are localized topical fat loss products that have gotten great feedback over the years.