Fitness advice

RuntPacket

Awards
38YO Male with High Blood Pressure. Sit in front of the computer and never exercise. However today is the 1st day of change. Started taking an ECA stack 25mg Ephedrine 200 caffeine and 81 aspirin 3Xday this morning. This evening after work I went to the gym and did 15 minutes on the elliptical heart rate 165-180. No breakfast, 6" chicken Subway sub at lunch and 2 eggs for dinner. (only missed breakfast because of being called in early to work)

I know most will think the ECA is bad however I used it before and it worked wonders. 2 years ago I was 238 and dropped to 184 just taking ECA no working out/dieting. I still eat fairly sensible, however Wednesday, fri and some saturdays I drink massive number s of jager Bombs (Monster and jager) which = 3000+ Calories alone on these days.

right now my Belly is 47" around at my naval and I weight 213 (5'6"). I plan on eating sensible, increasing my workout ;
Week 1, 6 days@15minutes on elliptical
Week 2, 6 days@20minutes on elliptical, every other day light weight work out
week 3, 6 days@25minutes on elliptical, every other day light weight work out
week 4 and afterwards,6 days@30minutes on eliptical, every other day light weight work out

Where do you think I'll be in 6 weeks? Anyone recommend a decent body toning weight routine? Any other recommendations? I have thought about adding a lunch time 15 minute workout and quick swim in also. Would that be too much or a bad thing to do?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
First, I think ECA/EDY is great, but you really have to be careful with the high blood pressure... I wouldn't recommend that for you at all. You should be able to do A LOT simply with diet and working out alone. Jumping into potent stims with bp issues is a really bad idea, imo.

For cardio, look into HIIT. I think you could greatly benefit from it. As far as a weight training goes, a 3-day/week high intensity full body split would be great. Make sure to take a day or two off between workouts.

And you need to eat breakfast, man. It's the best way to jump start your metabolism, and it's essential to keeping your muscle gains up, and your bodyfat down. Your diet is going to be the most important thing here, and you have a long ways to go in that department if you're trying to cut. 3000+ calories worth of Jager Bombs is gonna be detrimental to your results. Try to eat at least 5-6 meals a day. Keep feeding your body routinely with small portions of healthy foods. Chicken, eggs, tuna, veggies, fruit, oats, fat free yogurt, nuts...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
more meals is the key! I am constantly eating throughout the day.
Small healthy snacks like fruit or veggies are my key to getting through the day. You should rely on the small meals to give you the energy to get you through the day instead of just eating 3 large meals and feeling lethargic after eating so much. I also recommend green tea extract or just green tea. I take green tea extract and I feel it gives me a little boost and amps up my metabolism. Give that a try and just keep at it.

In 6 weeks, depending on how much body fat you have and how hard you work... the max would probably be 15lbs at 1-3lbs a week. Go to it! Try to be more active at work as well. Walk around more instead of sitting behind a desk. Even if it is parking farther away from the building or going to the bathroom at the other side of the building instead of the one next to your office.

You can do it!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
shaddow is right.....eca + high blood pressure could be dangerous. be careful.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Have you seen a doctor concerning your supps yet? I would do that before going further into them without knowing the repercussions.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I'll 3rd the recco to watch the BP, especially on the ECA stack.

Eat less more often - very important. Breakfast is arguably THE most important meal of the day - never skip it. At least have some type of shake or protein bar if you are in a hurry.

I'm glad you have to motivation to 'turn things around'. Most never get to that point.

Feel free to ask more specific questions regardless of how 'dumb' they seem. Knowledge is power!

Good luck!

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
Awesome advice Shaddow! I agree 100%.. There is no substitute for a proper diet. Increasing your protein intake, and sticking to whole grain type carbs will really boost your energy throughout the day. Always eat breakfast no matter what! Hard work and persistence will get you there... good luck

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
skip the Jager bombs bro... that will wreck your progress, especially 3 times a week! Too many calories and sugar. Just cutting out the booze will give you results in 6 weeks

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
A few pointers:

-Shaddow is right about being careful with the ECA and high BP. Since initial weight loss is reputably the easiest, you could just bust a$$ and lose a few lbs and your blood pressure would go down accordingly. At the point when you reach the fat loss plateau you could throw in the ECA to continue making progress.

-Keep focused on BOTH the weight training and cardio. If you increase your lean mass with weight training, further fat loss becomes much easier (since muscle tissue is metabolically active).

-As a novice, ease your way into the fitness lifestyle. As an overweight person, you should take cardio easy at first and avoid high impact type exercises because if you hurt your joints then you will cease to make cardiovascular progress and you will recede to the throes of sedentary life. Start with 30-45 minutes of walking, cycling, or swimming per day, and then after a few weeks you will have lost a few pounds and you can take on jogging/running/jump roping, etc.

-This was taken straight from an exercise prescription course lecture. I'm not sure what study it is quoting, but if you're interested let me know and I'll find out from my professor:

For the general population, a minimum of 150 min of physical activity per week is based on the effects of exercise on cardiovascular disease and other chronic conditions such as diabetes mellitus. The scientific evidence suggests levels of exercise greater than this may be important for maintaining weight loss long-term. Individuals averaging approximately 280 min/week showed no weight regain from 6 to 18 months of treatment, whereas individuals exercising <200 min·wk showed significant weight regain. The recommendation to progress overweight adults to 200-300 min of exercise per week or >2000 kcal·wk presents a significant challenge.
- Read this paper: http://www.acsm-msse.org/pt/pt-core/template-journal/msse/media/1201.pdf

-Remember that people don't become overweight over night, and so they shouldn't hope to become lean and fit overnight.

That being said, you've got your work cut out for you. Get to it!

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
Oh, and sugar free jager bombs... do those instead if you absolutely have to party like this guy: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to add that that heart rate range is too high for your age, particularly combined with high blood pressure, its recipe for dying on an elliptical. you should give yourself some time to work up to those sorts of heart rates, probably going no higher than the 160 the first few weeks of returning to cardio

RuntPacket

Awards
Well 1 week has passed. Down 3 Lbs and 1" around my navel. I should have mentioned that I am monitoring my BP as I did before when taking ECA. Also my Heart rate during work out has dropped to the mid 140's now.

Breakfast was only skipped that one day as I was called into work early.

As for the Jager Bombs Sorry I won't give them up. I have however went to Low carb monster which has 90 less calories per serving.

Adding CLA into the mix as well. I used this before and could tell that I retained muscle but lost fat. Additonally I heard Rumor that the Old Version of Stimulant X is coming back. Man I loved that stuff. If it does return you cqn bet your ass I'll use that over the ECA