need to stop ckd(keto)diet 4 few wks need help with carbs

socal101

Awards
I have been cutting for th last four months and am down to 14.5%bf my goal is 10%, my wt is 170, I have to stop keto for a few wks and need some help on how many carbs & fat i should eat to continue to cut.

I am still going to eat below maintenance, will eat 1gm of protein per LBM to keep my muscle however how many grams of carbs and fat should i eat per LBM?

Iam 31 yrs old, work out 4-5times per week, i do about 2days of HIIT cardio, for about 20-30 minutes usually on the days i do legs and work out each body part one day per week sometimes do compound workouts to shock my body.

Thank you in advance for you help.

GTGplaya

Awards
Not that I am bagging on your workout but why do you do cardio after legs? I can barely walk after a good leg workout let alone do HIIT! But good luck with your future diet.

Ian

socal101

Awards
I don't, i can barley walk too i blast my legs:)

I a lot of times I do cardio "before" my legs workout to get my legs warmed up for a very intense leg work out.

Sometimes I skip the cardo and warm up with lite wts and work my way up

thanks

bj22

Awards
Should you schedule any kind of work out on your "mini carb load" day or just rest up. I am thinking of switching to this when I come off the AD in a couple weeks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been cutting for th last four months and am down to 14.5%bf my goal is 10%, my wt is 170, I have to stop keto for a few wks and need some help on how many carbs & fat i should eat to continue to cut.

I am still going to eat below maintenance, will eat 1gm of protein per LBM to keep my muscle however how many grams of carbs and fat should i eat per LBM?

Iam 31 yrs old, work out 4-5times per week, i do about 2days of HIIT cardio, for about 20-30 minutes usually on the days i do legs and work out each body part one day per week sometimes do compound workouts to shock my body.

Thank you in advance for you help.
Hey man, you don't even need to do keto to cut (I never do and successfully cut well - check out my current log in the 'Supplement Reviews/Logs' Forum). And that long on low carbs is not really that healthy for your body. The body needs at LEAST 50-100 grams of carbs a day to effectively regulate fat metabolism (Burke & Deakin, 2006). A good recommendation is to have 1g of carbs per kg of bodyweight per day (MOH, 2005). A ratio of either 30:40:40 or 40:40:30 of protein:carbs:fat works quite well for most people cutting (and many athletes, especially power athletes, use these ratios). You will need to experiment a little to see what your body responds best to. Try carb/calorie cycling (a common method used among bodybuilders) - i.e. do 2-3 days at fat loss calories, and then every 3rd-4th day go up to maintenance or even bulking calories; this will 'shock' your body and cause it to think that "hey, I'm not starving" (low calorie diets cause your body to go into 'starvation mode', where it will fight you to hold on to what fat it does have); and you will probably notice that you actually look leaner after those cheat days. It's OK to cheat, man; it's good for the head as well as the body. It's true that fat loss is 90-95% diet, but it doesn't mean that your diet needs to be 100% STRICT 100% of the time.

socal101

Awards
Hey thanks for your suggestion Distilled, i may look into TKD down the road-i've heard about it but haven't researched it. But for the next few weeks, i want to eat good carbs throughout the day, i'm active enough so that i will used them.

Guejsn, i have read up on cycling total cals (above/below maint), haven't done it with carbs but have put into practice going above maint for 1day then well below for 2 days to switch up my diet (shock the metabolism) and i make sure when Im below maint on a regular basis (not cycling) i don't go too far to prevent starvation mode-i heard that occurs as you get close to 1000cals below maint. Thank you for your input, i'll check out your log and look into the ratio's you suggested.

I agree with cheating too, every once in a while (maybe one during the week) and ususally 1-2 meals during the weekend (all depends) and make sure to enjoy it, it does work, as a result, i'm not tempted the other 95% of the time,

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I have been doing for the past 10days or so seems to be working out well.

I do fasted cardio mon-sat and consume 50-75 gr complex carbs with 50gr protein after wards and then have the same meal post workout. Then on sunday I'll do a mini carb load and so far its working real well. Good luck with whatever you choose!

illfoo

Awards

socal101

Awards
illfoo,

thanks a pretty good link. When I was on keto all my carbs came from greens, blueberries, etc, kept it healthy, my carb up was mainly good carbs too, when i get back on i'll lean up my meat selections and i think it'll be good for me as it has been thus far:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guejsn, i have read up on cycling total cals (above/below maint), haven't done it with carbs but have put into practice going above maint for 1day then well below for 2 days to switch up my diet (shock the metabolism) and i make sure when Im below maint on a regular basis (not cycling) i don't go too far to prevent starvation mode-i heard that occurs as you get close to 1000cals below maint. Thank you for your input, i'll check out your log and look into the ratio's you suggested.

I agree with cheating too, every once in a while (maybe one during the week) and ususally 1-2 meals during the weekend (all depends) and make sure to enjoy it, it does work, as a result, i'm not tempted the other 95% of the time,
All good. Like I said, everyone is different. Some people function better on lower carbs, and others don't. You just need to find the right mix for YOU. SO, it's about experimenting...As for the lower carbs being healthier; depends on the person and the TYPE of carbs (low in refined carbs is good; you want to keep your food as close to 'natural' as possible, is a good guideline)...Go hard.

travis0712

travis0712

Awards
Just remember to front load your carbs. Its helped me drop from 22% bf to about 12%. double oatmeal serving in the morn with one slice of whole wheat bread, as much cinimon as you can stand. then some good complex carbs after your workout....

reduce your carb intake after 3pm as your body's ability to use carbs for energy decreases.