weight loss - Low testosterone

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I am 33 years old. Four months back I was very healthy, active and energetic . All of a sudden I got varicoceles.Don’t know the reason why I got them. May be due to stress/pressure at lower abdomen or due to weight lifting at gym. Testes became small (wonder to me).Left one (3.9 cm) is smaller than right one (4.5cm). I feel pain/tightness near nerves/muscles/ligaments at bladder. I went to emergency because of the pain. They took all the tests (blood/urine/CT scan of abdomen and pelvis).Everything is normal.I asked the doc to check testosterone levels . He said no need, you can get that from PCP.Then I went to PCP. They ran blood tests and found out that my total testosterone is low 214. He checked my testes and told me that I have varicoceles and referred to urologist and endocronologist. In UT scan , found out that I have bilateral varicoceles,left one is larger than right one. Blood tests for cortisol,prolactin,lh and fsh were run . LH was very low 0.4 . Endo put me on Depo testosterone. Urlogist checked my varicoceles and said they are small and even if I get rid of varicoceles I wont get the size back on left side and testosterone wont improve. These four months I lost 12 pounds of weight. Lost muscle in arms, thighs chest and buttocks. Is this because of low testosterone? Urlogist says no, its becos of stress. Endo says no.

I feel my joints weak, but no pain in joints. I feel stiff neck. When I wake up at 6 A.M I feel my body very light with no energy, especially chest .Want to sleep more but cant sleep. Whatever I eat, its going to my belly.Looks like water retention. I especially worry about the fat or muscle whatever its , near my hip and upper thigh, I cannot wear pants and in shirt .It looks so odd. Is this all because of low testosterone?. I need fat, if not muscle. Why I am not able to build up fat in whole body even after I am in depo-test for 3 weeks.
I had MRI of brain and spain to check for any auto immune disorders. But its normal. I still have brain fog/some difference in vision when I look at monitor while working. I wont feel like refreshed when I get up in the morning. I live in Virginia Beach.No endo is prescribing HCG for low testosterone. Does anybody know any doctor in this area who prescribes HCG or Clomid ,pls let me know.

Is there any test that I can do to find out what is missing in my body?

I am going to put all my updates in this thread.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for starters, if you are on the depot testosterone, then you don't currently have low testosterone, you just have external test. the bloating/fat is likely coming from a combination of stress, but also from estrogen

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
for starters, if you are on the depot testosterone, then you don't currently have low testosterone, you just have external test. the bloating/fat is likely coming from a combination of stress, but also from estrogen
I have been on Dep-t for 1.5 months. I lost muscle mass 9 weight ) three months back.
Can you tell me how to put mass on my thighs and arms. They are too thin now.Whatever I eat its going to my belly , So even if i work out, they become more thin.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, can you give an example of your daily meals?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing I would recommend checking out is your hematocrit. Low T levels often cause a decrease in your RBC's and hemtocrit which can lead to fatigue (Similar to anemia). A simple blood test can confirm/rule this out.

Like Easy said, if you are on DepotT now, then your T levels should be up. If your levels were low, then fat gain/loss of muscle mass is common. It might be diet related, so feel free to post up your workout/diet and we can work from there.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Here is my diet,

Breakfast : 3 boiled eggs with orange juice
Lunch: Chicken breast sandwich with wheat bread
Evening snack: pea nuts/cashew nuts/walnuts (half cup)
Night Dinner: Rice with beans/cabbage/chicken/fish(once a week)

Watermelon/banana/apple every other day.

I don't do workouts because of low energy. But I go for walking.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
One thing I would recommend checking out is your hematocrit. Low T levels often cause a decrease in your RBC's and hemtocrit which can lead to fatigue (Similar to anemia). A simple blood test can confirm/rule this out.

Like Easy said, if you are on DepotT now, then your T levels should be up. If your levels were low, then fat gain/loss of muscle mass is common. It might be diet related, so feel free to post up your workout/diet and we can work from there.
Hematocrit 42.1 Range - (36.0 - 50.0)
RBC 4.94 Range - (4.10 - 5.60)
WBC 7.0 Range - (4.0 - 10.5)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is my diet,

Breakfast : 3 boiled eggs with orange juice
Lunch: Chicken breast sandwich with wheat bread
Evening snack: pea nuts/cashew nuts/walnuts (half cup)
Night Dinner: Rice with beans/cabbage/chicken/fish(once a week)

Watermelon/banana/apple every other day.

I don't do workouts because of low energy. But I go for walking.
hmm. that looks a little light on both protein in specific, and calories in general. have you tried putting it (with the quantities you eat) into something like fitday to see total calories?

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
what is fitday?

Can you suggest high protein diet with calories?

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
hmm. that looks a little light on both protein in specific, and calories in general. have you tried putting it (with the quantities you eat) into something like fitday to see total calories?
Here are the numbers from fitday.com

grams cals %total
Total: 1736
Fat: 66 591 35%
Sat: 13 116 7%
Poly: 18 158 9%
Mono: 29 265 16%
Carbs: 203 776 46%
Fiber: 9 0 0%
Protein: 83 332 20%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, lets put it this way, if you are a 100-110lb person, then that is probably adequate protein and calories. probably a signficant piece of your lack of energy is that alone. you definitely need more protein than that, and probably more calories in general. I wouldn't suggest cutting carbs all that much, but i'd cut it a little, but add a lot more protein. what is your weight and height right now?