protien powder question

michaeljannis

Awards
does anyone have an preference on which protien is the best? I mean, by nature i'm a pretty cheap dude. Wal-Mart has a protien made by Body Fortress, it seems pretty straight up, low cals, fat and carbs, high protien.

Any suggestions? There are so many types out there, does it really matter?

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
does anyone have an preference on which protien is the best? I mean, by nature i'm a pretty cheap dude. Wal-Mart has a protien made by Body Fortress, it seems pretty straight up, low cals, fat and carbs, high protien.

Any suggestions? There are so many types out there, does it really matter?
I've tried many over the last few years. IMO one doesn't totally dominate the other. I would definitely get your bang for the buck when it comes to this. I stick with Optimum Nutrition nowadays. They have a few different types, so you can pick what your looking for. Excellent write up in the June 2008 Muscle and Fitness magazine on this by Optimum. Pages 81-88. Check it out. They are a pretty straight up company and show you what deceving type things to avoid on labels and what not. :dance:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
There are numerous threads on this topic dude, just got to look for it.

However since I will assume you will search in the future, I like either 50/50 whey and casein or 33/33/33 whey casein egg (if I am willing to spend the money). Most of the times I am mixing/eatin my whey with skim milk or with cottage cheese so I don't always have to buy casein.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the body fortress brand, and am using it. The "Super Advanced" has a pretty good nutritional profile

michaeljannis

Awards
I like the body fortress brand, and am using it. The "Super Advanced" has a pretty good nutritional profile

I bought some ON 100% Whey the other day for 20 bux. It's pretty good. It's working out pretty well for me.

Thanks,