Duration of unfuelled CV in the morning - AnabolicMinds.com

Duration of unfuelled CV in the morning

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Duration of unfuelled CV in the morning

Hi guys. I've been doing unfuelled CV for a few months on weekdays for the last few months with quite good results. I usually do about 45 minutes between x trainer and bike (I split them up so I don't get too bored).

In the summer months I'll have a bit more time to commit to cv in the morning since university will be finished for a while - what's the maximum time you would say unfuelled should be done for in the morning? I know it's all about balancing the pros and cons of fat loss against losing a bit of muscle, but I was just thinking if I pushed it to an hour/hour and a half, woudl that be acceptable and increase fat burning?

Cheers guys

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I'd say an hour maximum would be your best bet.

I wouldn't go over that myself.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Ah ok cools, thanks for the response - in that case, would you say to do it 7 days a week if possible?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

It's always good to give yourself a rest day, but in the case of morning cardio, you could do it 7 days a week if you feel it's necessary and you have a decent amount of fat to lose.

I usually gauge it by how tired my body feels, if I feel like I can do it, I would, but if I feel like my body is exhausted, I might be on the brink of over training and I would hold off to 6 days a week.

Good luck.
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

If you're gonna go long (over an hour) or high intensity, I would throw in some BCAA's to keep from losing muscle. I find 10g's of BCAA's gives me more endurance as well when running intervals in a fasted state.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Cool. Would you say it's good to mix up between HIIT and long lower heart rate unfuelled? I've been doing the latter for a while now, but was thinking of doing HIIT twice a week just to give some variation really....
  7. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by edjam View Post
    Cool. Would you say it's good to mix up between HIIT and long lower heart rate unfuelled? I've been doing the latter for a while now, but was thinking of doing HIIT twice a week just to give some variation really....
    I always used to do the long, 60-70% heart rate cardio when frst waking, but since I've thrown in the high intensity about 3 times a week it seems to have helped my metabolism. I am always hot and always hungry, and it hasn't had a negative impact on my lifting. I only lift three times a week in the late afternoon (meaning in a few minutes), total body workouts, and I do HIIT on my off days from lifting. On lifting days I rest or to a light 30 minute walk in the morning.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. hgh duration???
    By jpcf in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 09:55 PM
  2. PH/PS Duration
    By mmccity in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
  3. PCT Duration
    By CryingEmo in forum Post Cycle Therapy