Recommendation for my GF

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I'm making my order soon, and my GF what's something to help her and I'm not 100% sure what.

She's put on about 15 lbs over the last two years (the happy weight because of me) and she's upset by it. She doesn't exercise because she works 60-70 hours a week at a high stress desk job and doesn't have time and the jod sucks so much out of her.

So she's wanting something to help lose the extra weight yet doesn't make her feel like she will spontaniously combust behind her desk.

I'm about to buy Leviathan for myself, and thinking about getting a bottle for her as well.

Her diets pretty good because she basically eats what I do. Her only "bad" thing is maybe once a week or so a client takes her out to eat, usually a steakhouse or something like that.

Any other ideas?

Maxwell600

Maxwell600

Awards
  • Established
dcp w/ lean xtreme for stress/cortisol

Awards
Nothing pisses me off more than people that don't try.

The sentence posted above is from your profile.

i don't think you are looking in the right direction if you believe the answer to your girlfriend's weight problem, is to take a supplement.

Tell her to start exercising...30 minutes 2 or 3 times a week isn't a significant commitment, but it will make a huge difference.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
She is at work from 7 am until 7 pm. She also has home access to her computer and is on the and hour or two from home. She literally works a lot and has little time to do much else. Yes it sucks but its the nature of her job.

I've tried the 20 mins 3x a week with her but it doesn't last. She's just too wore out.

Maxwell. I was leaning to DCP and Lean Xtreme.

Awards
IMO quality and long term results will only come from a complete lifesytle change. In terms of weight loss, you need to identify the behaviours and circumstances that have caused your girlfreind to gain weight. Then you need to develop strategies that will allow her to achieve her physical goals.

If your girlfreind achieves something through a weight loss supplement without the necessary lifestyle changes (diet and exercise), she is highly likely to revert back to her original state once she stops using the weight loss supplement. Additionally, she may achieve better results if she were to combine supplementation with a healthy lifestyle.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I know she eats well. If I had to be honest, I'd say the biggest reason is that she's undergoing...uh...the female metabolic/hormonal changes ladies go through when the hit 40ish.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I know she eats well.
If you have an office job then you know thats BS, shes snackn on sh!t all day long, every bowl of m&m's, every birthday cake, everytime they order in for pizza, every lunch that goes to BK/mcdonalds etc.

Plus stress helps keep weight on. If she refuses to do cardio, saddle up and take her for a ride. You guys will burn http://www.fitwatch.com/phpscripts/viewexresults.php?key=sex calories. More than most weight loss supps would ever do.

Awards
The fact your girlfriend is experiencing menopause at the moment is useful, because it provides us with an explanation as to why your girlfriend is gaining weight, if we correlate menopause with a decrease in metabolic activity.

So how do we combat the physiological and physical changes your girlfirend is experiencing, there really are only two options. Option 1, would involve the implementation of a hardcore weight loss focused eating plan. Option 2, would involve minor changes to your girlfirends current eating habits with the addition of an exercise regime.

We've already discussed option 2, so i wont go through those ideas again. IMO option 1 can be very successful for your girlfriend, because as you say, she is already eating in a healthy manner.

So, why not try the following:

1 - Tell her to increase her fluid consumption, lots of water and green tea.
2 - Instead of 3 large meals a day, break those meals up into 6 smaller meals. Also, get her to eat the higher calorie meals around the times when she is most active.
3 - Educate her about the nutritional and calorie values of all the foods she regularly consumes. Determine what percentages of her nutritional intake are coming from proteins, carbs and fats, then manipulate those ratios in order to create a weight loss environment (it can be as simple as replacing carbs with proteins).

Lastly, continue supporting your girlfriend, and keep her focused through regular discussions about her goals and achievements.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
1 - Tell her to increase her fluid consumption, lots of water and green tea.
2 - Instead of 3 large meals a day, break those meals up into 6 smaller meals. Also, get her to eat the higher calorie meals around the times when she is most active.
3 - Educate her about the nutritional and calorie values of all the foods she regularly consumes. Determine what percentages of her nutritional intake are coming from proteins, carbs and fats, then manipulate those ratios in order to create a weight loss environment (it can be as simple as replacing carbs with proteins).

Lastly, continue supporting your girlfriend, and keep her focused through regular discussions about her goals and achievements.
1. Done. All we drink is water or green tea. She has a few cups of coffe in the morning, but otherwise it's all water or green tea.

2. Done. She is aware of the 6 meal way of eating and follows it. On top of lunch she usually takes 2 salads wrth her to work.

3. Done. Since being with me she has learned to be a label reader. We buy groceries together and I pick the stuff out. so I know we get the healthier options.

I think her weight is 90% hormonal.

Its not that she refuses to do cardio...she used to do it with me. It's that she started this job that is extremely demanding and most her energy goes to it. Out of 15 waking hours 12 are at work and one is traveling to/from work. That leaves 2 hours to eat supper, rest, spend time with me, ect. And thats not including she has home access and checks in. She works a lot.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
IMO quality and long term results will only come from a complete lifesytle change. In terms of weight loss, you need to identify the behaviours and circumstances that have caused your girlfreind to gain weight. Then you need to develop strategies that will allow her to achieve her physical goals.

If your girlfreind achieves something through a weight loss supplement without the necessary lifestyle changes (diet and exercise), she is highly likely to revert back to her original state once she stops using the weight loss supplement. Additionally, she may achieve better results if she were to combine supplementation with a healthy lifestyle.
I definitely agree here. But...

If you feel a supplement is the only way to go now then so be it. I would recommend a sesamin product coupled with a thermogenic like leviathan reloaded during the day. To add to this you can also have her use Lipotrophin-PM, for about 20bucks you get a 3 month supply (at her dosage)