Trying to cut and lean up.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I dont take any muscle building supplements, do you think i should? like creatine(green mag,purp wrath,etc?), i took some ****ty creatine for about 20 days and i didnt like it, it caused me to break out a bit and gave me the runs lol so i stopped taking it

2. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Dude your sig made me LMAO, and spit out my favorite drink. How does one go about getting banned from a sushi joint? It really reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer ate too much...

Bigtoy do you weight train? I skimmed through the thread and don't remember seeing it there.
    Dude its possible , i know 2 people who got kicked out of all you can eat places, one of them was a sushi bar, because he was there for like 4 hours and they told him to leave
    •   

3. You know, if you were going to supplement anything for as much cardio as you do, I personally would go with bulk BCAA, L-Leucine, and some Xtend or other flavored BCAA. Bulk BCAA is cheap as is L-Leucine, but I like to mix it with Xtend to spare me the bitter taste.

You can probably get away with straight L-leucine if you weren't looking to dish out too much cash, either way take them between meals when you're not taking a protein drink, and pre-workout.

This would help retain some muscle, help with protein synthesis and that noise.

I also bought some bulk creatine for like $3 on Nutraplanet. Everything i've mentioned can be found there, under bulk supplies.

4. Hm...well i drink alot of water and i kinda like something with some flavor, would that be doable with bcaas? i was reading about them earlier, and im not really worried about retaining muscle, i think im strong by nature, my reps usually go up after each session, the last increase i did was up 10 pounds on bench from the previous session, and a buddy of mine gave me some creatine he bought from gnc for 75$ a while back for free, but i havent been taking it because im going to a concert on july 12th and i dont really wanna risk a breakout

5. Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Dude your sig made me LMAO, and spit out my favorite drink. How does one go about getting banned from a sushi joint? It really reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer ate too much...
    I wasn't eating all the rice in the rolls and they said that that was part of the rules. I can't eat that many carbs at once. And I spend alot of time there, they're all like "You hear four hour! Sign say all-you-can-eat, not you-eat-all!
    So I don't go back cause they'll yell at me, and just cause their five-two and a buck ten, doesn't mean they won't unleash the fists of fury on me. Freakin ninja's.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....

6. Quote Originally Posted by timmmah View Post
    I wasn't eating all the rice in the rolls and they said that that was part of the rules. I can't eat that many carbs at once. And I spend alot of time there, they're all like "You hear four hour! Sign say all-you-can-eat, not you-eat-all!
    So I don't go back cause they'll yell at me, and just cause their five-two and a buck ten, doesn't mean they won't unleash the fists of fury on me. Freakin ninja's.
    That's classic. They have some weird rules, like if you eat every item you order, it's a set price, but if you don't finish everything you pay individual items price at one I used to go to.

Bigtoy I think retaining and building muscle should be a priority. If you lose fat and muscle, you just look like a skinnier fat person... I read that on MD and it made sense the way they put it. Building muscle isn't all about getting jacked and huge. You need it to look good when you are lean.

7. Not to mention that building muscle means your metabolism is going to spike up since it takes a lot more energy to feed up muscle than it does with fat.

Thats usually one of the "goals" of HIIT, to keep your hearth rate up and help build some muscle so you keep on burning fat even when you're out of the gym.

8. la fitness !!!

9. i retain the muscle fine lol, and i said i do do hiit...on the first post of the topic lol :S and im not fat, far from it lol i weighed myself today and it was 167 , oh and my bench increased again yesterday, now i rep 180 x10-12 for 3 sets

10. Quote Originally Posted by bigtoy View Post
    i retain the muscle fine lol, and i said i do do hiit...on the first post of the topic lol :S and im not fat, far from it lol i weighed myself today and it was 167 , oh and my bench increased again yesterday, now i rep 180 x10-12 for 3 sets
    If you do as much cardio as you are doing, you are going to have more cortisol running through your body than usual. Cortisol is bad for retaining muscle, no horrible. There are tons of Cort blockers if you don't wanna go with BCAA's Champion Nutrition has a cheap one called Cortistat PS. Anabolic Xtreme has a good one called Retain2.

To each his own. However, you not having a problem retaining muscle with your cardio is like me saying I won't get fat eating a jar of mayonaise.
    •   

11. before i say that, why would you want to eat a whole jar of mayonaise anyway :S that doesnt sound very tasty , but if you wanted to you could always just eat extremely high fiberous foods all day and take a dump like 4 times a day im sure thatd keep your weight down and heck you might even lose weight while at the same time get bulimic from the opposite end of your body (dont actually do this...lol) idk it was a joke me and a buddy at work were joking about, me and him are both in great shape btw, but he was saying he tells his friends who are overweight to do that lol

you wont get fat eating a jar a mayonaise, but if you eat several you will, also if you eat one, and then just sit on the couch for the next week, yea then youll get fat, but if you eat a jar of mayonaise and are active as i am, id doubt it, and i retain muscle fine, because at work im always doing heavy lifting anyway lol so its like im at the gym while at work but with way less weight , and i think somethings wrong with the leftside of my body, my left arms always been smaller than my right, by far, and now not only is my left arm still way smaller, but my right arm is cut and my left arm isnt lol and i do the same exercises for both arms... and usually do them together...preacher....straigh t bar...cable curls/regular curls, etc. I just cant win

oh ya, i just remember, i was talking to this dude at la fitness yesterday and he said hed hollar at me next time la fitness is hiring and hook it up so now work can be like being at the gym because it will be at the gym *whistles*, well it wasnt the first time id met him, id actually helped him out when he was benching a few times and we got talking, and yesterday i brought my bro to the gym, who just turned 18 and the dude said hed give him the same deal i got when i joined 3 months ago.

12. but honestly i dont really care about complete muscle retention, as long as i keep some of it, because having big muscles doesnt really fit in well with my lifestyle :\, itd be kind of hard being bulky and trying to skate, itd throw me completely off balance lol

13. Quote Originally Posted by bigtoy View Post
    but honestly i dont really care about complete muscle retention, as long as i keep some of it, because having big muscles doesnt really fit in well with my lifestyle :\, itd be kind of hard being bulky and trying to skate, itd throw me completely off balance lol
    Then you aren't looking to cut and lean up, you are looking to get SKINNY. Really what is the point of this thread, you've been given sound advice, but have taken none of it.

Seems like you have it all figured out, good luck champ.

14. What? your about 2 months late to be trying to give me advice lol, i had already been given advice and taken it...lol wow, and i am looking to cut and lean up, i just dont want to be huge -.-

15. If you want to be helpful, even if it is late, know of any protein mixes that wont make you gag if you mix them in water? lol im currently taking ON gold standard cookies and cream but i can only bare it in skim milk, i tried it with water and i couldnt keep it down

16. Brand: All The Whey Flavor: Cinnamon Bun or Cupcake Batter

17. Quote Originally Posted by bigtoy View Post
    If you want to be helpful, even if it is late, know of any protein mixes that wont make you gag if you mix them in water? lol im currently taking ON gold standard cookies and cream but i can only bare it in skim milk, i tried it with water and i couldnt keep it down
    Syntha six tastes great!
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....

18. Quote Originally Posted by timmmah View Post
    Syntha six tastes great!
    Their Mocha flavor is out of this world.

The thing about Syntha six though is 2 scoops = 46g protein, 100 calories from fat, 26 g of carbs, and 4g sugar.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
  2. Cort control.. Endoamp, X-lean, lean Xtreme
    By dollar662 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 06:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 02:13 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 05:27 AM