NEED SOME HELP, last 10 or so pounds

rick055

Awards
  • Established
OK, let me try to be as specific as I can to get specific advice.

I am 5'8" and some change (I want to be 5'9", so the "some change" makes me feel better, lol) and I currently weigh 185 pounds. Sorry, I cannot tell you bf%, haven't measured.

In November, 2007, I weighed 243 pounds, your basic fat a**, though I carried some muscle, which has always been fairly easy for me to put on (endo-meso, I think).

I was diagnosed with primary hypogonadism in August-ish and I began TRT. My levels are stable.

I lost the weight by doing step aerobics 4 days a week. I feel as if I maintained my muscle mass.

I have, as best I can tell, 10 pounds of abdominal fat left to go, which rests primarily on the lower portion of my abs and flanks.

About 6 weeks ago, the scale stopped moving. I have been at 185 since then. Approximately 4 weeks ago, I began a 2-1, 2-2 training split, which basically consists of an upper/lower body routine of primarily compound movements (real squats and deads included). I feel as if I have put on some muscle.

I use Weight Watchers as a framework within which to watch calories. I tweak it from there (though I gladly solicit advice in regards to nutrient splitting).

My goal is to lose the last remnants of fat. I would be willing to sacrifice muscle at this point because fat loss for me has ALWAYS been difficult whereas muscle gain has been fairly easy. I am operating under the assumption that If I lose the fat now, I will have no problem adding back quality muscle later, especially now that my clear hormone deficiencies are corrected.

That said, I know that the more muscle you have, the more your BMR increases, so I really am stuck with a plan for now. What has worked for months has now stagnated.

If I flex my abs standing up, I can see their clear outline. What do I need to do to get rid of the rest of the fat to see the "washboard".

Let me know if you need more info and thanks in advance for the help.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you should start the owrk on gaining the muscle, and leave loosing fat for a little while. you have lost a quite significant amount of weight in a relatively short amount of time, so spending 2 months with allowing calories to go upward slightly will likely give you good muscle gaining results, and make it easier to restart loss

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Check out this thread. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/95145-trying-cut-lean.html

I talk about how to low, low carb it and a cardio regimen that will melt you down. BTW, great work on dropping the fat! Keep at it bro....the last few lbs. are a real pain.
Thanks for the encouragement. It's nice to see abs for the first time in my life. Now I need to dial them in lol.

The diet looks good, I'll give that a shot. I also start wellbutrin soon for ADHD, i'm hoping that takes the edge off the appetite as an added benefit.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I think you should start the owrk on gaining the muscle, and leave loosing fat for a little while. you have lost a quite significant amount of weight in a relatively short amount of time, so spending 2 months with allowing calories to go upward slightly will likely give you good muscle gaining results, and make it easier to restart loss
For a guy on TRT, do you think a supplement like T-Roid or H-Drol would be useful?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really if you are on TRT including HCG to keep your testicles full size, then yes, something like h-drol is a quite workable item. I'd even go so far as to look at some of the heavier ones. generally speaking a lot of those make you feel like crap since it starts to clip your natural test levels. but since you are injecting, it doesn't affect your levels :)

MusclepharmVP

MusclepharmVP

Awards
OK, let me try to be as specific as I can to get specific advice.

I am 5'8" and some change (I want to be 5'9", so the "some change" makes me feel better, lol) and I currently weigh 185 pounds. Sorry, I cannot tell you bf%, haven't measured.

In November, 2007, I weighed 243 pounds, your basic fat a**, though I carried some muscle, which has always been fairly easy for me to put on (endo-meso, I think).

I was diagnosed with primary hypogonadism in August-ish and I began TRT. My levels are stable.

I lost the weight by doing step aerobics 4 days a week. I feel as if I maintained my muscle mass.

I have, as best I can tell, 10 pounds of abdominal fat left to go, which rests primarily on the lower portion of my abs and flanks.

About 6 weeks ago, the scale stopped moving. I have been at 185 since then. Approximately 4 weeks ago, I began a 2-1, 2-2 training split, which basically consists of an upper/lower body routine of primarily compound movements (real squats and deads included). I feel as if I have put on some muscle.

I use Weight Watchers as a framework within which to watch calories. I tweak it from there (though I gladly solicit advice in regards to nutrient splitting).

My goal is to lose the last remnants of fat. I would be willing to sacrifice muscle at this point because fat loss for me has ALWAYS been difficult whereas muscle gain has been fairly easy. I am operating under the assumption that If I lose the fat now, I will have no problem adding back quality muscle later, especially now that my clear hormone deficiencies are corrected.

That said, I know that the more muscle you have, the more your BMR increases, so I really am stuck with a plan for now. What has worked for months has now stagnated.

If I flex my abs standing up, I can see their clear outline. What do I need to do to get rid of the rest of the fat to see the "washboard".

Let me know if you need more info and thanks in advance for the help.

Hey man congrats on your results & what I always have done is worked on building them thick also. I did 100 wheels per day for 6-8 months & built them solid now I just maintain..yes the $8 wheel old school on with no helper bullcrap it work's awesome

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Hey man congrats on your results & what I always have done is worked on building them thick also. I did 100 wheels per day for 6-8 months & built them solid now I just maintain..yes the $8 wheel old school on with no helper bullcrap it work's awesome

Dude, I so forgot about old school...

I'm getting a wheel today. Great idea, really.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
really if you are on TRT including HCG to keep your testicles full size, then yes, something like h-drol is a quite workable item. I'd even go so far as to look at some of the heavier ones. generally speaking a lot of those make you feel like crap since it starts to clip your natural test levels. but since you are injecting, it doesn't affect your levels :)

I am on HCG, and I figured the same, plus, no need for PCT, so to speak.

My personal goal is health and I don't want to do anything that would "screw up" my TRT, and I know next to nothing about the OTC stuff.

I'll take any suggestions (including how to run) so I can begin researching in more depth.

My original thinking was 5 weeks H-Drol and hoping for 5 pounds of lean, sustainable mass in order to spark the remaining fat loss and be done with it from there. (I would also prefer something easy on the hair if such exists)

MusclepharmVP

MusclepharmVP

Awards
Dude, I so forgot about old school...

I'm getting a wheel today. Great idea, really.

That really took my abs to a whole magazine type level for I was in bodybuilding.com ads in every major mag 2 years ago & in lost of other's & I owe it all to HIT cardio training & the wheel along with Higer Fat type dieting.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you really can't screw up the TRT, as it is "replacement" therapy. you should easily be able to accomplish what you are looking at on a decent h-drol cycle. the other option you have is to see if you can somehow get an additional 3 months of your TRT prescription somehow, and double up for 12 weeks. that would likely work even better.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6 weeks, with 4 weeks at 50mg and the last 2 at 75. maybe even 3 weeks at 50, 2 at 75, last at 100. suppression of natural test won't be an issue, so really only blood pressure or hair loss are meaningful sides.

think there is any way you could get an extra 3 months of scrips? that would really be best