Anabolic Pump whilst cutting??

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

I'm considering giving AP a shot, but I'm not sure if I'll see the benefits of it right now or not...
I'm 5'10, weight 11st 1lbs (155pounds) and approx 19-20% bodyfat, would really like to get down to 12%bf.

I'm currently cutting, but I dont really want to loose much more body weight, just fat...if possible.

Would AP possible work, or should I carry on cutting without worrying about musclesize and strength? Perhaps Leviathan reloaded/dcp would be better at the present time?

Attachments

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AP is great for muscle preservation while in a caloric deficit - it's method of action prescribes it. Do not concern yourself with absolute weight (i.e. 160 vs 142lbs), but rather, the quality of the weight (i.e. determinate shifts in LBM vs adipose). In that respect, AP's ability to alter the energy expenditure mechanisms of both adipocytes and myocytes will help you to achieve an aggregate shift in body composition; away from fat, and towards a more muscular build.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Would this diet be ok when using AP, or will I need to add more complex carbs?
6.30ish: 60g oats, 6 eggs(2 whole)
7.15:TRAIN
8.15: Protein shake+ Creapure + banana
10.30: Chicken breast and slow release carbs eg brown rice or sweet potato OR Tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread
12.30: chicken breast, lettuce or other greens
3ish: Protein shake / piece of fruit
7pm: Lean meat (Chicken, steak, turkey, fish) 1bag of steamed veg
10:30pm: quark & options sachet

Thanks

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
10.30: Chicken breast and slow release carbs eg brown rice or sweet potato OR Tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread

Thanks
I would take an AP 15mins before the Oats, and Before your 10:30 Carbs. I would move your 7pm meal up a bit, and take an AP with a bit more carbs if you want' ,or just the 2 AP's I mentioned and it will last your 45 days :) PS What is quark exactly? I was thinking similar to the bird quail but not certain.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that Steve :thumbsup:

Quark is a type of soft cheese I believe, which has a high content of protien, minimal carbs and no fat!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(cheese)

Oh, I dont know what to do! In you opinion should I stick to the conventional fatburners or could AP really work for me lol?!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established

Thanks

You have to add more carbs dude. I am cutting right now with AP and Recreate. It's working great. Check out my log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/94404-anabolic-pump-recreate.html

Anyway, you take the AP 3 times a day (2x the first 5 days) and you are gonna want to consume at least 50g complex carbs each time you take AP. I am eating more carbs than that, but I am already a fairly low BF%, and you may want less carbs than me. I wouldn't go too light on them though, people have been going hypoglycemic when they take AP and miss meals.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Whats your training regimen like?

Your upper back looks pretty good dude!

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Whats your training regimen like?

Your upper back looks pretty good dude!
Thanks TimberLakers...my regimen looks like this:
DAY 1 Back and Triceps:-
Wide grip Chins- 3 sets of as many reps as I can
Deadlifts- 3 sets 8-12 reps
DB row- 3 sets 8-12 reps
Cable Row- 3 sets 8-12 reps

Dips- 3 sets of as many reps as I can manage
close grip bench- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
cable pull downs- 3 sets of 8-12

DAY 2 Delts and legs:-
DB shoulder press- 3 sets 8-12
Lateral raises- 3 sets 8-12

Squats-4 sets, 20, 15, 12, 10 reps
Lunges-2 sets 12 reps each leg
Leg extension- 3 sets 12 reps
leg curls 3 sets 12 reps

DAY 3 Chest and Biceps
DB Flys or a pec dec - 3 sets 15 reps to failiure
incline bench-4 sets, 15, 12, 10, 8
decline bench- 3 sets 12, 10, 8

EZ bb curls-3 sets 6-8 reps
Alternate standing DB curls-3 sets 8, 10,12 reps
Alternate standing DB hammer curls- 3 sets 8, 10,12 reps

I do fasted SSCV on tues and thurs, and also play soccer 3times per week :woohoo:

flu1d

flu1d

Awards
I'm running AP on a cut. I don't respond too well to carbs, according to the AP manual (A must read by the way) I am a type 1 carb reactive, meaning I can put on muscle easily, but along with it comes fat. I typically need to keep my carb intake low, even when I'm doing 1hr of cardio 4/5 days a week, or else I don't lose fat.

Since I started the AP I've been able to increase my carb intake, thus increasing energy levels, endurance in the gym and not to mention my mood. I'm still losing fat since upping my carbs, and in fact I lost .9% in 1 week which is an incredible amount. I'm also running Recreate and DCP.

Definately make sure you read the AP manual, back to front.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
I'm running AP on a cut. I don't respond too well to carbs, according to the AP manual (A must read by the way) I am a type 1 carb reactive, meaning I can put on muscle easily, but along with it comes fat. I typically need to keep my carb intake low, even when I'm doing 1hr of cardio 4/5 days a week, or else I don't lose fat.

Since I started the AP I've been able to increase my carb intake, thus increasing energy levels, endurance in the gym and not to mention my mood. I'm still losing fat since upping my carbs, and in fact I lost .9% in 1 week which is an incredible amount. I'm also running Recreate and DCP.

Definately make sure you read the AP manual, back to front.
Hey Tom, thanks for your input...I'm still waiting for your write for AP over on mucsletalk :stick:
Wanting to make my desicion today, to run LR with AP or DCP or maybe all three lol! :frustrate

What do you all think??

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Wanting to make my desicion today, to run LR with AP or DCP or maybe all three lol! :frustrate

What do you all think??
You could run all three, just make sure you can eat all your meals with the fat burners. Recreate is working great for me as far as killing my cravings for junk but not hurting my clean food intake. I haven't taken LR yet, but I have heard good things.

I would say to bump up some of your weight training into the 12-15 rep range across the board. You'll notice the change in muscle tone as you lose the fat. Do you do your fly's before chest presses for some reason? The press stimulates more muscle fibers in the chest, you might want to hit that first, with all of your energy; unless you have a reason to pre-exhaust, which is fine, I am just curious.

BTW, do you mean wide grip chin ups, or wide grip pull ups? Your upper back looks pretty wide, esp. for a soccer player, and I am interested to hear what you put into those lats... Ever tried pull-ups superset with barbell rows? They'll make you want to puke, but man they pump my lats up, esp. near the top.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
BTW, just out of curiosity do you mean wide grip chin ups, or wide grip pull ups? Your upper back looks pretty wide, esp. for a soccer player, and I am interested to hear what you put into those lats... Ever tried pull-ups superset with barbell rows? They'll make you want to puke, but man they pump my lats up, esp. near the top.
Hey GM, yeah sorry mate I wasn't very clear...I do Wide grip pull ups, but I'm still using the assisted machine at the moment but only using 5kg assistance :afro:
I use to do some superset training, but think I used pull ups and dumbell rows.

flu1d

flu1d

Awards
Hey Tom, thanks for your input...I'm still waiting for your write for AP over on mucsletalk :stick:

What do you all think??
If you can afford it then run all three mate!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Hey GM, yeah sorry mate I wasn't very clear...I do Wide grip pull ups, but I'm still using the assisted machine at the moment but only using 5kg assistance :afro:
I use to do some superset training, but think I used pull ups and dumbell rows.
Stop messing with machines bro, hit up that bar and just get yourself up until you can't hang on anymore. It's the only way to get better at pull ups! Grit your teeth and feel the PAIN!!!!:aargh::aargh::aargh::aargh: