Anabolic Pump whilst cutting??

  1. Registered User
    he-man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    123

    Anabolic Pump whilst cutting??


    Hey,

    I'm considering giving AP a shot, but I'm not sure if I'll see the benefits of it right now or not...
    I'm 5'10, weight 11st 1lbs (155pounds) and approx 19-20% bodyfat, would really like to get down to 12%bf.

    I'm currently cutting, but I dont really want to loose much more body weight, just fat...if possible.

    Would AP possible work, or should I carry on cutting without worrying about musclesize and strength? Perhaps Leviathan reloaded/dcp would be better at the present time?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27062

    AP is great for muscle preservation while in a caloric deficit - it's method of action prescribes it. Do not concern yourself with absolute weight (i.e. 160 vs 142lbs), but rather, the quality of the weight (i.e. determinate shifts in LBM vs adipose). In that respect, AP's ability to alter the energy expenditure mechanisms of both adipocytes and myocytes will help you to achieve an aggregate shift in body composition; away from fat, and towards a more muscular build.
  3. Registered User
    he-man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    123

    Would this diet be ok when using AP, or will I need to add more complex carbs?
    6.30ish: 60g oats, 6 eggs(2 whole)
    7.15:TRAIN
    8.15: Protein shake+ Creapure + banana
    10.30: Chicken breast and slow release carbs eg brown rice or sweet potato OR Tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread
    12.30: chicken breast, lettuce or other greens
    3ish: Protein shake / piece of fruit
    7pm: Lean meat (Chicken, steak, turkey, fish) 1bag of steamed veg
    10:30pm: quark & options sachet

    Thanks
    •   
       

  4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Would this diet be ok when using AP, or will I need to add more complex carbs?
    6.30ish: 60g oats, 6 eggs(2 whole)
    7.15:TRAIN
    8.15: Protein shake+ Creapure + banana
    10.30: Chicken breast and slow release carbs eg brown rice or sweet potato OR Tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread
    12.30: chicken breast, lettuce or other greens
    3ish: Protein shake / piece of fruit
    7pm: Lean meat (Chicken, steak, turkey, fish) 1bag of steamed veg
    10:30pm: quark & options sachet

    Thanks
    I would take an AP 15mins before the Oats, and Before your 10:30 Carbs. I would move your 7pm meal up a bit, and take an AP with a bit more carbs if you want' ,or just the 2 AP's I mentioned and it will last your 45 days PS What is quark exactly? I was thinking similar to the bird quail but not certain.
  5. Registered User
    he-man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    123

    Thanks for that Steve

    Quark is a type of soft cheese I believe, which has a high content of protien, minimal carbs and no fat!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(cheese)

    Oh, I dont know what to do! In you opinion should I stick to the conventional fatburners or could AP really work for me lol?!
  6. Registered User
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4038

    Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Would this diet be ok when using AP, or will I need to add more complex carbs?
    6.30ish: 60g oats, 6 eggs(2 whole)
    7.15:TRAIN
    8.15: Protein shake+ Creapure + banana
    10.30: Chicken breast and slow release carbs eg brown rice or sweet potato OR Tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread
    12.30: chicken breast, lettuce or other greens
    3ish: Protein shake / piece of fruit
    7pm: Lean meat (Chicken, steak, turkey, fish) 1bag of steamed veg
    10:30pm: quark & options sachet

    Thanks

    You have to add more carbs dude. I am cutting right now with AP and Recreate. It's working great. Check out my log:
    Anabolic Pump/Recreate cutting cycle/log

    Anyway, you take the AP 3 times a day (2x the first 5 days) and you are gonna want to consume at least 50g complex carbs each time you take AP. I am eating more carbs than that, but I am already a fairly low BF%, and you may want less carbs than me. I wouldn't go too light on them though, people have been going hypoglycemic when they take AP and miss meals.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  7. Registered User
    TimberLakers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,388
    Rep Power
    17048

    Whats your training regimen like?

    Your upper back looks pretty good dude!
  8. Registered User
    he-man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    123

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Whats your training regimen like?

    Your upper back looks pretty good dude!
    Thanks TimberLakers...my regimen looks like this:
    DAY 1 Back and Triceps:-
    Wide grip Chins- 3 sets of as many reps as I can
    Deadlifts- 3 sets 8-12 reps
    DB row- 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Cable Row- 3 sets 8-12 reps

    Dips- 3 sets of as many reps as I can manage
    close grip bench- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    cable pull downs- 3 sets of 8-12

    DAY 2 Delts and legs:-
    DB shoulder press- 3 sets 8-12
    Lateral raises- 3 sets 8-12

    Squats-4 sets, 20, 15, 12, 10 reps
    Lunges-2 sets 12 reps each leg
    Leg extension- 3 sets 12 reps
    leg curls 3 sets 12 reps

    DAY 3 Chest and Biceps
    DB Flys or a pec dec - 3 sets 15 reps to failiure
    incline bench-4 sets, 15, 12, 10, 8
    decline bench- 3 sets 12, 10, 8

    EZ bb curls-3 sets 6-8 reps
    Alternate standing DB curls-3 sets 8, 10,12 reps
    Alternate standing DB hammer curls- 3 sets 8, 10,12 reps

    I do fasted SSCV on tues and thurs, and also play soccer 3times per week
  9. Registered User
    flu1d's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    33
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    206

    I'm running AP on a cut. I don't respond too well to carbs, according to the AP manual (A must read by the way) I am a type 1 carb reactive, meaning I can put on muscle easily, but along with it comes fat. I typically need to keep my carb intake low, even when I'm doing 1hr of cardio 4/5 days a week, or else I don't lose fat.

    Since I started the AP I've been able to increase my carb intake, thus increasing energy levels, endurance in the gym and not to mention my mood. I'm still losing fat since upping my carbs, and in fact I lost .9% in 1 week which is an incredible amount. I'm also running Recreate and DCP.

    Definately make sure you read the AP manual, back to front.
  10. Registered User
    he-man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    123

    Quote Originally Posted by flu1d View Post
    I'm running AP on a cut. I don't respond too well to carbs, according to the AP manual (A must read by the way) I am a type 1 carb reactive, meaning I can put on muscle easily, but along with it comes fat. I typically need to keep my carb intake low, even when I'm doing 1hr of cardio 4/5 days a week, or else I don't lose fat.

    Since I started the AP I've been able to increase my carb intake, thus increasing energy levels, endurance in the gym and not to mention my mood. I'm still losing fat since upping my carbs, and in fact I lost .9% in 1 week which is an incredible amount. I'm also running Recreate and DCP.

    Definately make sure you read the AP manual, back to front.
    Hey Tom, thanks for your input...I'm still waiting for your write for AP over on mucsletalk
    Wanting to make my desicion today, to run LR with AP or DCP or maybe all three lol!

    What do you all think??
  11. Registered User
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4038

    Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Wanting to make my desicion today, to run LR with AP or DCP or maybe all three lol!

    What do you all think??
    You could run all three, just make sure you can eat all your meals with the fat burners. Recreate is working great for me as far as killing my cravings for junk but not hurting my clean food intake. I haven't taken LR yet, but I have heard good things.

    I would say to bump up some of your weight training into the 12-15 rep range across the board. You'll notice the change in muscle tone as you lose the fat. Do you do your fly's before chest presses for some reason? The press stimulates more muscle fibers in the chest, you might want to hit that first, with all of your energy; unless you have a reason to pre-exhaust, which is fine, I am just curious.

    BTW, do you mean wide grip chin ups, or wide grip pull ups? Your upper back looks pretty wide, esp. for a soccer player, and I am interested to hear what you put into those lats... Ever tried pull-ups superset with barbell rows? They'll make you want to puke, but man they pump my lats up, esp. near the top.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  12. Registered User
    he-man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    123

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    BTW, just out of curiosity do you mean wide grip chin ups, or wide grip pull ups? Your upper back looks pretty wide, esp. for a soccer player, and I am interested to hear what you put into those lats... Ever tried pull-ups superset with barbell rows? They'll make you want to puke, but man they pump my lats up, esp. near the top.
    Hey GM, yeah sorry mate I wasn't very clear...I do Wide grip pull ups, but I'm still using the assisted machine at the moment but only using 5kg assistance
    I use to do some superset training, but think I used pull ups and dumbell rows.
  13. Registered User
    flu1d's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    33
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    206

    Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Hey Tom, thanks for your input...I'm still waiting for your write for AP over on mucsletalk
    Wanting to make my desicion today, to run LR with AP or DCP or maybe all three lol!

    What do you all think??
    If you can afford it then run all three mate!
  14. Registered User
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Rep Power
    4038

    Quote Originally Posted by he-man View Post
    Hey GM, yeah sorry mate I wasn't very clear...I do Wide grip pull ups, but I'm still using the assisted machine at the moment but only using 5kg assistance
    I use to do some superset training, but think I used pull ups and dumbell rows.
    Stop messing with machines bro, hit up that bar and just get yourself up until you can't hang on anymore. It's the only way to get better at pull ups! Grit your teeth and feel the PAIN!!!!
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 19 and cutting with anabolic pump?
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 05:01 AM
  2. Anabolic Pump / Powerfull for cutting
    By BoyFromAus in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 12:31 AM
  3. Anabolic Pump/Recreate cutting cycle/log
    By GMG760 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 327
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
  4. Anabolic Pump and Low Carb Cutting Diet
    By PsYcHoNeWb727 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 06:19 AM
  5. GVT whilst cutting on 1test?
    By Nelson in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in