get lean for beach

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

get lean for beach

I want to lean up for a trip to the beach in six weeks. I am not for sure what my bodyfat is but my abs show when they are flexed just not too well when relaxed. I have tried cutting before but end of losing size. What would be the best diet, supplements, and how much cardio should i do to get lean in six weeks without losing too much muscle.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Eat very clean at around maintenance calories.. Lift 3 times per week, do 30 minutes of cardio after each training session. This way, your recovery and your gains, will not be hindered.

For the cardio I suggest walking on a treadmill at a 15 incline... somewhere between 2.1-3.5 mph and you can burn about 200cals every fifteen minutes.. And it's not to hard on your body, so you can still be able to complete it on a leg day.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

would you do a full body workout or split?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by classic27 View Post
    would you do a full body workout or split?
    I'd do an upper/lower split, and I'd do it every M,W,F.

I really like this model for a training split because it allows you to hit the same muscle groups twice in the same week, every other week. So, one week you'll hit upper body twice, and the next week you get lower body twice..

Here's a sample outline:
    Day 1: Rep scheme of 4x8
    BB Bench
    BB Rows
    BB Sh. Press
    Wide-grip Lat Pulldowns
    Close-Grip Bench
    High Pull
    Abs

Day 2: Rep scheme of 3x12-15 (whatever works best for you)
    Front Squats
    Lunges
    Supine Hip Extension with Leg Curl
    Calves
    Abs

Day 3: Rep scheme of 3x12-15
    DB Bench
    Cable Rows
    DB Sh. Press
    Wide-grip Pullups (supinated or pronated, depending on how it goes)
    Close-grip Bench on Smith Machine
    Upright Rows
    Abs

Day 4: Rep scheme of 4x8
    Back Squat
    Lunges
    Leg Curls
    Calves
    Abs

And, on upper body days, superset each exercise with the one following it. You'll get done in half the time, and maximize EPOC (excess postexercise oxygen consumption) <<< good for fat loss.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Thank You Ozarka, you have helped a lot. What do you think about 20mins high intensity inveral training for cardio? Do you think cellucor d4 fat burner would be worth taking sense I already have it? What do you think about the prohormone havoc? lol sorry about all the questions.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Well, after a weight session it would be nearly impossible to actually complete true HIIT cardio. So I don't recommend it.

The fat burner should be fine.

Havoc is a steroid, so, without the proper research on your part I can't in good conscience recommend that you take it. But if you are hip on pct, cycling, the hpta, and whatnot.. Then it is a pretty good cutter imo.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

I have nolvadex and a little bit of letrozole on hand. If I was to use havoc how would you suggest taking it? If I do use it i will probably wait until after my trip and do a lean bulk. durring this phase should i switch to a different routine like a 5 day split?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by classic27 View Post
    I have nolvadex and a little bit of letrozole on hand. If I was to use havoc how would you suggest taking it? If I do use it i will probably wait until after my trip and do a lean bulk. durring this phase should i switch to a different routine like a 5 day split?
    You shouldn't need the letro for a havoc cycle, just fyi. It depends on how much Havoc you have, if you got just 1 bottle, then I recommend either a 4 week run at 30mg, or a 3 week run at 40 to 50mg.. If it was me, I'd prefer to do the shorter cycle..

As for training while "on".. I'd use the same routine, but make sure you complete all 4 days in one week. M,T,TH,F; with cardio if needed.. I'd also change the rep routine to where you have one high rep hypertrophy day, followed by one low rep strength centered day... and you could prob. add in some direct bicep (or some other muscle group) work if you wanted too.
  9. ono
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Eat very clean at around maintenance calories.. Lift 3 times per week, do 30 minutes of cardio after each training session. This way, your recovery and your gains, will not be hindered.

For the cardio I suggest walking on a treadmill at a 15 incline... somewhere between 2.1-3.5 mph and you can burn about 200cals every fifteen minutes.. And it's not to hard on your body, so you can still be able to complete it on a leg day.
    Yeh great advice there. I do 30 mins on a 15 incline alternating between 3.1mph and 4.1mph

0-3 mins - warm up at 3mph on 15 incline
    3-4 mins - 4.1mph
    4-6 mins - 3.1mph
    6-7 mins - 4.1mph
    7-9 mins - 3.1mph

And so on until you reach 30 mins.

Maybe get some Recreate by Usp Labs. Probably the best fat loss supplement out there at the minute.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Thank you for all your advice
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting my beach body ready
    By android04 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
  2. Getting ready for the beach!