Calorie Intake for fat loss

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  123 lbs.
    Answers

Calorie Intake for fat loss

I need to lose 23 lbs of fat. How many calories should I consume in order to lose the weight steadily without causing negative effects on my metabolism?

I have been slacking lately (going to the gym 3 times a week) but my goal is to get there 5 times a week.

Thank you
    ETA: I am taking Lipo 6X

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dpchemd1 View Post
    I need to lose 23 lbs of fat. How many calories should I consume in order to lose the weight steadily without causing negative effects on my metabolism?

I have been slacking lately (going to the gym 3 times a week) but my goal is to get there 5 times a week.

Thank you
    You're 123 lbs and want to lose 23 lbs of fat?!?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  123 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, I am only 5 feet tall and I have a small frame (female), so I am overweight.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dpchemd1 View Post

Thank you

What are you willing to do to lose the weight? Because in addition to reducing caloric intake theres other supplements that you can take to help.

How old? If you dont wanna give specifics i just ask because a younger person needs less time in the gym, and less of a calorie restrictive diet to get the same results as lets say someone over 40.

And what does ETA mean to you, to me it means Estimated Time of Ar*****?

In general you can take 500 calories off your daily intake to start. But your a smaller person so you may want to start small and work your way up to keep from putting your body in starvation mode.

Theres about 3000 calories in a pound so once you figure out your specifc caloric needs, for your weight/activity level etc, you can decide how fast, or how slow you want to lose the weight.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  123 lbs.
    Answers

What other supplements do you recommend? I can't take anything that causes me to feel too wired because I will have anxiety attacks.

ETA = edited to add (next time, I will just spell it out).

The reason I ask this question is that I can totally do a 1,000 - 1200 calorie diet but I read that it can cause my metabolism to slow down in the long term. My metabolism is already pretty slow so I don't want that to happen.

By the way, I am 30 years old.

Thank you so much for your help
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Dont worry about the ETA thing, i was just confused.

Well, supps that wont get you wired...not to experienced with them. I would say DCP looks good heard alot of good stuff about it. Green tea is awesome too. I was thinkn more on the stim side. But if you cant, you cant, no prob.

As far as your metabolism slowing down, thats what i was refering to as starvation mode, your body goes from burning calories to storing them.

Your caloric needs are somewhere around 1900-2000 calories a day. So you've got a few options, you could either go down to like 1500 and keep a light workout schedule, or you could stay at 2000 and do more cardio. Me personally i would eat clean and do more cardio that way you'll get used to being active. You'll be more likely to keep the weight off if you get into a routine.

Im cutting down to probly 220-230. Depending on how i look. I do an hour bike ride around my city a couple days a week and ive lost 10 pounds since a month ago. So you could easily be in the shape you want to with some dedication. I eat maintaince calories for my bodyweight, all clean food. Some cheat food on the weekends, beer and white flour burritos etc. But during the week its vegetables, brown rice ,boiled chicken, whole wheat pasta etc.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. please help with this calorie intake
    By madmuscle in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 06:57 AM
  2. Calorie Intake
    By skidalybop50 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
  3. Calorie intake?
    By Persian1012 in forum Nutrition / Health