Vegetarian diet?

neiltarasaria

Awards
I know this sounds dumb, but i'm a vegetarian and i don't know a good diet to lose some weight. I don't think i eat healthy at all, i eat a lot of junk food like taco bell, or cereal, cheez itz and stuff like that. there will be times where i eat stuff my mom cooks which is indian food which is like vegetables and white rice but idk if fried vegetables and white baked rice is good to lose weight, but i was just wondering if anyone knows a good diet plan for vegetarians. i don't eat any kinds of meat, poultry or eggs either. pretty much, nothing that's been alive....although i'll eat chips ahoy cookies that contains egg in the ingredient, but that's about it.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
although i'll eat chips ahoy cookies that contains egg in the ingredient.
:blink:

Anywho.....easiest thing to do is to go crazy with beans, quinoa, vegetables etc. theres a million ways to skin a cat, not that you would being a vegetarian, but you get the metaphor. My girlfriends a vege, except she'll eat egg whites. So thats a littel easier. But if you eat cheese you can do cheese and brown rice that pretty good, whole wheat pasta.

My new favorite food is cannelini(sp?) beans, their really high in fiber and protein. Find a good wesite to calculate you caloric need for your specific body weight, activity level, then subtract a couple hundred calories and thats your diet in simple terms.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
:blink:

theres a million ways to skin a cat, not that you would being a vegetarian, but you get the metaphor.
What if you're a vegetarian that doesn't like cats? Sorry couldn't help myself.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
if i were on a veg diet, id eat nothing but steamed veg, rice, and beans.... and as posted above, get ur food intake calculations right ... as well as a nice protein that suits ur veggie lifestlye then sweat it out during cardio. problem solved

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
in my opinion no "man made" food is good for u... if ur serious about losing the weight