instant oatmeal

Beta BBer

Awards
is this ok to eat, or is it too sugary?
ive been eating 2 packets a day for my first meal, for like 60 or so carbs (varies by flavor) for a few weeks now as ive been trying to raise my carb intake.

if this is bad, what are some easy regular quick oats recipies?

jeepthang

Awards
Too much sugar.

Here's what I do with regular uncooked oats:

Throw 2 or 3 servings (2/3 to 1 cup) of uncooked oats into blender with milk/water and a scoop of protein. Blend well. Serve with protein base (chicken, beef, tuna etc...). Simple way to get lots of good carbs when bulking.

Ibench800

Awards
I agree with jeepthang. Too much sugar.

I make a shake similar to his. These amounts are NOT PRECISE AT ALL. I put a cup of 1 minute unflavored oats into the microwave for 1 minute (surprise), then put it into the blender. I add some more water. Then I add 3-4 scoops of whey and a large chunk of nonfat cottage cheese (very imprecise...I turn upside down and let chunks fall into blender). I then add maybe 3-4 packets of artificial sweetner (Splenda or whatever I have).

The only problem: Because you just cooked the oats, the drink is warm. Solution: 1. cut back on the water and add ice cubes or 2. make late at night, put into bottle and put into fridge and drink the next day.

It's a lot to drink and a lot of calories and a crapload of protein.