- 09-22-2003, 06:29 PM
- 09-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Too much sugar.
Here's what I do with regular uncooked oats:
Throw 2 or 3 servings (2/3 to 1 cup) of uncooked oats into blender with milk/water and a scoop of protein. Blend well. Serve with protein base (chicken, beef, tuna etc...). Simple way to get lots of good carbs when bulking.
- 09-22-2003, 08:09 PM
I agree with jeepthang. Too much sugar.
I make a shake similar to his. These amounts are NOT PRECISE AT ALL. I put a cup of 1 minute unflavored oats into the microwave for 1 minute (surprise), then put it into the blender. I add some more water. Then I add 3-4 scoops of whey and a large chunk of nonfat cottage cheese (very imprecise...I turn upside down and let chunks fall into blender). I then add maybe 3-4 packets of artificial sweetner (Splenda or whatever I have).
The only problem: Because you just cooked the oats, the drink is warm. Solution: 1. cut back on the water and add ice cubes or 2. make late at night, put into bottle and put into fridge and drink the next day.
It's a lot to drink and a lot of calories and a crapload of protein.
Similar Forum Threads
- By the_swol_god in forum BulkingReplies: 21Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:04 PM
- By Jovee in forum Weight LossReplies: 29Last Post: 11-02-2011, 04:28 PM
- By Highlanda01602 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 18Last Post: 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM
- By NPursuit in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 06-19-2003, 06:23 PM
- By sage in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 03-10-2003, 10:48 PM