Diet soda!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Good Shepherd View Post
    Yeah, I def. agree- I remember when A. scott Connely of Met rx fame kept defending the safety of aspartame...obviously because that was the sweetner used to flavor the original white pack- the literature actually said that this stuff caused cancer in lab rats! and this was back in 1993.
    Maybe you goes at RPN could look into devising something to replace all this crap...now that would be a service to our fellow human beings.
    That being said, cherry coke zero is unreal........
    x-f'in'-2!!

I love Cherry Coke zero!

What about the Diet Choc. Cherry Dr. Pepper? I like that stuff too. Dr. Pepper has really picked it up the last few years with the alternate flavors.

2. I'd say stay away from the sodas completely bro.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MikeyK12345 View Post
    I'd say stay away from the sodas completely bro.
    This really is the best advice. While the ease and pleasure from drinking diet sodas often tempts me to drink them, on the few occasions that I have cut them totally out of my diet and stuck with water I felt so much better - hard to explain.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

4. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I figured i may as well fess up myself........My name is Trauma1, and i'm a diet soda(diet coke) junkie!

I can't help it, i've been hooked for years......although i've cut down SIGNIFICATLY in recent times.
    welcome welcome. haha
    well, i didnt take any numbers today( i know trama's thinking thank god man, lol. no i really appreciate the replies.)
    well, its kinda cool to see that the diet soda didnt really change my blood sugar any differently than water. im not diabetic, but 3 measurements after fasting i guess should be safe to say nothing significant( with 1 drink). I have been cutting them out a lot more tho.

its got bad, even my friends at work kinda joke about it. but then again they also think that i am single handedly going to make chicken an endangered species.

on another note, diet choclate dr. pepper taste like some spiked my drink with a hershy kiss and its been merinating in there until it has completely dissolved, . ughhh.

5. If anyones wants to lose massive weight check out VENOM BY ALR INDUSTRIES its the bomb i lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy851 View Post
    If anyones wants to lose massive weight check out VENOM BY ALR INDUSTRIES its the bomb i lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks
    LMAO! Dude - ALRI was a board sponsor here for years. They tested Venom here.

Safe to say everyone here knows about Venom HD 3.0

Edit - post #6999! Off to create my post #7000 thread - with some hotties.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This really is the best advice. While the ease and pleasure from drinking diet sodas often tempts me to drink them, on the few occasions that I have cut them totally out of my diet and stuck with water I felt so much better - hard to explain.
    I think it's very valid on 2 equally important levels:

1) The crap in these sodas simply is not going to be beneficial. Just look at the ingredients. Think of the natural law of economy of our existence, and the fact that water is what we really need. We choose between water (the simple and natural hydrating fluid our cells need) and a bunch of artificial flavors, sweeteners, and chemicals. Simply put, the water is gonna make us feel better.

2) As BB'ers, we take pride AND gauge success to a large degree on discipline. If we restrict our intake of this stuff, and live up to our goals, we are similarly going to feel better (emotionally as well as physically).

Now, all that said, I'm a proponent of the "happy medium". If I can limit myself to a few here and there, I feel fine. If I'm back to killing 6 a day, I need to check myself.

Now, all this typing has made me thirsty, so I'm gonna go have another goddam Coke Zero. Oh well.........

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy851 View Post
    If anyones wants to lose massive weight check out VENOM BY ALR INDUSTRIES its the bomb i lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks
    haha, this made me think of the private message i got from jessica... something or another. what was that about? just wondering, how many of you do cardio when bulking? do you bump up the intensity?

9. I dont drink or smoke...eat clean and train hard daily....

if cherry coke zero is going to take me out...so be it ..cus i aint giving that up

as Capt Picard said " THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE!!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by IRONPOPE View Post
    I dont drink or smoke...eat clean and train hard daily....

if cherry coke zero is going to take me out...so be it ..cus i aint giving that up

as Capt Picard said " THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE!!"
    your preaching to the choirlol. but i am trying to cut back tho

11. Has anyone heard of 'belly bloat' or whatever it's called? I recently heard that diet soda isn't much healthier for you than regular soda. I'm mostly a water drinker. I drink a lot of milk, too. I try avoiding soda as much as possible, especially during the summer.

12. Quote Originally Posted by beefcake12901 View Post
    Has anyone heard of 'belly bloat' or whatever it's called? I recently heard that diet soda isn't much healthier for you than regular soda. I'm mostly a water drinker. I drink a lot of milk, too. I try avoiding soda as much as possible, especially during the summer.
    i used to be 200lb at 30+% body fat. i used to be really fat. just by switching from regular to diet soda i dropped a lot of weight. i know diet soda doesnt have the best things in it but it is a day & night difference between regular and diet.

13. I haven't drank a soda since watching Mythbusters use Coca-Cola to remove rust from a chrome bumper and to eat away the crusty stuff on a car battery.

I just can't find a good reason to put that stuff in my stomach.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Diet Soda and Keto
    By brockles in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:25 AM
  2. Diet Soda?
    By Danny813 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
  3. Diet soda with vitamins
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat