Wtf

  1. New Member
    weakestlink's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    29.67%

    Wtf


    I am 19.6 % bf at 183 lbs. Ab showing bf is around 12% right? That means I have to lose 14 lbs. OMG I'm gonna be skinny

  2. New Member
    MasterFlexx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

    How did you get your BF % measured? Just from the little experience i've had I don't rely to much on what the BF% numbers are because there are so many different ways of measuring. Thay all lead to somewhat different conclusions. I always rely on the mirror to see if i'm making progress or take pictures monthly. Good Luck with the abs though. They are a true Biatch to get showing through
  3. New Member
    weakestlink's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    29.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterFlexx View Post
    How did you get your BF % measured? Just from the little experience i've had I don't rely to much on what the BF% numbers are because there are so many different ways of measuring. Thay all lead to somewhat different conclusions. I always rely on the mirror to see if i'm making progress or take pictures monthly. Good Luck with the abs though. They are a true Biatch to get showing through
    Yeah I know lol. I got it measured through the electonic one that you hold. It always gives me this off the wall answer. One time I was at 20% I lost 4lbs and did it again and I was at 22%
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Warriorz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    105
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    42.8%

    Yeah that electronic controller thing you hold is a joke. I got my bf measured via calipers and it came back between 8.5-9.6%. I increased my cardio from 1 day a week to 4 days a week and slightly reduced my calories for 6 weeks. Afterwards, I got my bf taken again using the thing you hold and it gave me something crazy like 14.5%. I knew it was inaccurate, but nonetheless I wasn't too happy.

    The mirror doesn't lie.
  5. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorz View Post
    Yeah that electronic controller thing you hold is a joke. I got my bf measured via calipers and it came back between 8.5-9.6%. I increased my cardio from 1 day a week to 4 days a week and slightly reduced my calories for 6 weeks. Afterwards, I got my bf taken again using the thing you hold and it gave me something crazy like 14.5%. I knew it was inaccurate, but nonetheless I wasn't too happy.

    The mirror doesn't lie.
    The bioelectric impedance analysis measurements can be tainted by the state of your hydration. It also varies from upper extremities readings vs lower extremities reading. You'll get a leaner reading from the scale versions because your legs are generally leaner and more muscular then anything in your upper body. That being said, the calipers can be just as inaccurate depending on the experience of the person administering the test. The calipers are a simple concept, but to be truly accurate with them takes someone who is incredibly precise, consistent and experienced. All this to say, I agree your mirror is your best bf% estimator.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. New Member
    weakestlink's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    219
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    29.67%

    Well I can I see my top to abs pretty clear and the rest just isn't showing up. I'm guess its cuz I'm a little fatty in the lower ab region. Anyone else have or had this problem?
  7. New Member
    ono's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    188
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    58.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by weakestlink View Post
    Well I can I see my top to abs pretty clear and the rest just isn't showing up. I'm guess its cuz I'm a little fatty in the lower ab region. Anyone else have or had this problem?
    yup i do

    think a lot of folk do to be honest. it's a *****.
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in