Wtf

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
I am 19.6 % bf at 183 lbs. Ab showing bf is around 12% right? That means I have to lose 14 lbs. OMG I'm gonna be skinny :(

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
How did you get your BF % measured? Just from the little experience i've had I don't rely to much on what the BF% numbers are because there are so many different ways of measuring. Thay all lead to somewhat different conclusions. I always rely on the mirror to see if i'm making progress or take pictures monthly. Good Luck with the abs though. They are a true Biatch to get showing through

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
How did you get your BF % measured? Just from the little experience i've had I don't rely to much on what the BF% numbers are because there are so many different ways of measuring. Thay all lead to somewhat different conclusions. I always rely on the mirror to see if i'm making progress or take pictures monthly. Good Luck with the abs though. They are a true Biatch to get showing through
Yeah I know lol. I got it measured through the electonic one that you hold. It always gives me this off the wall answer. One time I was at 20% I lost 4lbs and did it again and I was at 22%

Warriorz

Awards
Yeah that electronic controller thing you hold is a joke. I got my bf measured via calipers and it came back between 8.5-9.6%. I increased my cardio from 1 day a week to 4 days a week and slightly reduced my calories for 6 weeks. Afterwards, I got my bf taken again using the thing you hold and it gave me something crazy like 14.5%. I knew it was inaccurate, but nonetheless I wasn't too happy.

The mirror doesn't lie.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that electronic controller thing you hold is a joke. I got my bf measured via calipers and it came back between 8.5-9.6%. I increased my cardio from 1 day a week to 4 days a week and slightly reduced my calories for 6 weeks. Afterwards, I got my bf taken again using the thing you hold and it gave me something crazy like 14.5%. I knew it was inaccurate, but nonetheless I wasn't too happy.

The mirror doesn't lie.
The bioelectric impedance analysis measurements can be tainted by the state of your hydration. It also varies from upper extremities readings vs lower extremities reading. You'll get a leaner reading from the scale versions because your legs are generally leaner and more muscular then anything in your upper body. That being said, the calipers can be just as inaccurate depending on the experience of the person administering the test. The calipers are a simple concept, but to be truly accurate with them takes someone who is incredibly precise, consistent and experienced. All this to say, I agree your mirror is your best bf% estimator.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Well I can I see my top to abs pretty clear and the rest just isn't showing up. I'm guess its cuz I'm a little fatty in the lower ab region. Anyone else have or had this problem?

ono

ono

Awards
Well I can I see my top to abs pretty clear and the rest just isn't showing up. I'm guess its cuz I'm a little fatty in the lower ab region. Anyone else have or had this problem?
yup i do

think a lot of folk do to be honest. it's a *****.