C0rk's Velocity Diet Log

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by C0rk View Post
    Also, if you're back up to two solid meals/day and get enough carbs, you might want to try some HITT. That's supposedly even better than low-intensity cardio @ long-term fat loss.
    Yeah...that's what I intended to start doing last week...just did one day, was my own fault...I just didn't make time for it. Going on a small vacation in a couple days to sunny Fla. When I get back I'm gonna start doing some HIIT.

BTW - I'm in Jersey, right outside Philly...Flyers are my second team (long-time Devils fan). But since they're out of it: LET'S GO FLYERS!

2. Never enough

i've found I don't feel an insulin spike even from pretty simple carbs post workout. I've been using muscle delight or anabolic window and don't notice the insulin... might just be me tho
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i've found I don't feel an insulin spike even from pretty simple carbs post workout. I've been using muscle delight or anabolic window and don't notice the insulin... might just be me tho
    Like you said Easy 30g probably wouldn't hurt. When people talk about dextrose it's usually around 50-75g I find. I do feel a crash after 30g though even PWO.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kram View Post
    One night won't kill ya...most of that gain will be water. Just keep drinking more water...you'll get rid of it again. Keep up the good work C0rk.

Tho the above poster mentioned not using malto/dex PWO, I was still able to lose 15 lbs on the V-diet. I would definitely consider myself an endo as well. I'm not saying they're the best PWO carb on this diet, but I still lost a good amount of fat using them.

However my fat loss seemed to slow down dramatically after the 3rd week. I'm now into my second week of the transition phase (2 solid meals/day)...haven't gained back any weight this week, but haven't lost either...which is dissapointing.

Could it be the malto/dex? What would be a better PWO carb option besides rolled oats? I'm at 200 now & my goal is 180~185.
    Are you giving yourself 1 day a week to cheat and load up on carbs. If your body knows it's starving it's not going to readily give up it precious fat stores.
  5. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by snookl187 View Post
    Like you said Easy 30g probably wouldn't hurt. When people talk about dextrose it's usually around 50-75g I find. I do feel a crash after 30g though even PWO.
    yeah, thats where I really like muscle delight. tastes sweet, but actually under 20g of carbs, with 30g of protein, and a nice mix overall. if you look at the studies on the whole post workout thing, seems like most of us misinterpret it. The whole spike boost of protein synthesis was in people who fasted overnight, worked out first thing, then took 20g of sugar with 10g of protein. that showed more protein synthesis over 10g protein alone. but given that it was after a fasted workout anyhow, its not too meaningful really. some carbs is nice, just to replenish the energy used in the workout
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

6. Quote Originally Posted by snookl187 View Post
    Are you giving yourself 1 day a week to cheat and load up on carbs. If your body knows it's starving it's not going to readily give up it precious fat stores.
    I haven't really been having a 'cheat meal' per se. Usually on Sunday's I'll eat more calories & do add some carbs, but still trying to keep it real clean.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Think I've kept my cals too low & put myself in starvation mode & that's why my body doesn't want to give up any fat.

7. Well, it looks like my velocity diet is coming to an end. I've decided to go away tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend...gonna go visit some friends/family and I'm definitely not going to be hauling my blender around.

So, I'm back to 165...and hope that I'm at least below 170 when I start to eat real food and get my glycogen/water stores up back to normal...otherwise the experience would be wasted. I kind of liked not having to prepare any food for two weeks...I might do it just to change things up for a bit every once in a while.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  2. ATW Velocity Diet +
    By 01yz426 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 01:33 PM
  3. ATW Velocity Diet +++
    By 01yz426 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:07 AM
  4. Considering Velocity Diet