Why Natural Peanut butter?

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
hi,
Everywhere i read, people consume Natural Peanut butter in their diet.. why not simply peanut butter?
what is the big difference..

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Natural peanut butter only has 1 ingredient, peanuts (and maybe some added salt). The other normal peanut butter if processed and really has no nutritional value compared to the natty version (thats why you notice the oil separation between the two).

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
OCC is right on the money.

Also, the lack of hydrogenation is a draw for many, as well as the lack of added sugars.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea I forgot to add because Natty PB is de-friggen-licious

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I recently got some almond butter, it's cool, but I have to get used to the taste.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
You've never tried almond or cashew butter my friend . THOSE are absolutely-figgren-licious. :drunk:
I love almonds and marzipan, but i have to say almond butter left me a bit dissapointed. I do like how it's a lot easier to spread than natty peanut. Gonna try cashew next. Food network is turning me into a bit of a cullinary snob, lol

EDIT: and for the OP, to sum up what other posters have mentioned, there's usually no sugar added, little to no oil added, and it's not hydrogenated. Also since the oils seperates easily, you can pour it off for calorie reduction if you don't mind sacrificing some texture. Or, you can replace the excess oil with things like flax seed oil, etc. If you're wondering what the deal is with hydrogenated oils, companies pass hydrogen through oil to make it solid at room tempurature. Unfortunately, that helps it remain a lot more solid in your arteries too. it's like eating bad cholesterol and not even getting the possible benefit of testosterone
conversion that real cholesterol can achieve. My question is, WTF are hydrogenated oils doing in the margarines that advertise cholesterol improvement on the packaging?

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
I eat Natty PB throught the day daily. Love the stuff. There are probably some who claim they couldnt live without it.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love almonds and marzipan, but i have to say almond butter left me a bit dissapointed. I do like how it's a lot easier to spread than natty peanut. Gonna try cashew next. Food network is turning me into a bit of a cullinary snob, lol
Almond butter is so so, but I guess cashew butter is the real amazing one. I tried pumpkin butter because it was high in protein, and it tasted so poor I'm actually about to throw out the last quarter of the bottle. Next time, if I want more protein I'll just take an extra bit of whey :)

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
I have a jar at work, a jar or two at home a jar in my gym bag and a jar in my car.
I go through over 2 jars a month.

Also for those that eat teddie brand, I actually work right across the street from their facility. Every morning when I get to work I smell the roasting peanut mashing goodness. It's amazing.

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
Thx guys... Now i can differentiate betwee them:dance:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I have a jar at work, a jar or two at home a jar in my gym bag and a jar in my car.
I go through over 2 jars a month.

Also for those that eat teddie brand, I actually work right across the street from their facility. Every morning when I get to work I smell the roasting peanut mashing goodness. It's amazing.
2 a month is weak. Really weak.

When bulking I usually go through 3 a week.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought 3 of the 4lb jars of power pb this week :D

not natural peanut butter per se but better in a number of ways.

Superior Blend of Quality Protein, Flax Seed Oil, Fiber & Essential Fat
ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER BLEND
the ingredients list

Roasted Peanuts, Egg Whites, Flax Seeds Wheatgerm, Honey, Flax Seed Oil, Salt.

Amount Per
Serving % Daily
Value

Calories 315 N/A*

Calories From Fat 171 N/A*

Total Fat 19 Gm 28%

Saturated Fat 2 Gm 9%

Omega-3 10 Gm N/A*

Omega-6 3 Gm N/A*

Cholesterol 0 Mg N/A*

Sodium 174 Mg 7%

Total Carbohydrate 12 Gm 4%

Dietary Fiber 8 Gm 35%

Sugars 4 Gm N/A*

Vitamin A 0 N/A*

Folic Acid 0 40%

Vitamin C 0 1%

Riboflavin 0 10%

Calcium 0 4%

Niacin 0 35%

Iron 0 9%

Vitamin E 0 25%

Protein 24 Gm 48%

The Batman

The Batman

Awards

Well im cutting right now and i usually throw in some raw almonds and hazelnuts to my pb. I'm also a relatively small guy.

Still I bow to the consumption of three jars a week.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
I bought 3 of the 4lb jars of power pb this week :D

not natural peanut butter per se but better in a number of ways.

the ingredients list

Roasted Peanuts, Egg Whites, Flax Seeds Wheatgerm, Honey, Flax Seed Oil, Salt.

Amount Per
Serving % Daily
Value

Calories 315 N/A*

Total Fat 19 Gm 28%

Saturated Fat 2 Gm 9%

Omega-3 10 Gm N/A*

Omega-6 3 Gm N/A*

Cholesterol 0 Mg N/A*

Sodium 174 Mg 7%

Dietary Fiber 8 Gm 35%

Sugars 4 Gm N/A*

Vitamin A 0 N/A*

Folic Acid 0 40%

Vitamin C 0 1%

Riboflavin 0 10%

Calcium 0 4%

Niacin 0 35%

Iron 0 9%

Vitamin E 0 25%

Protein 24 Gm 48%

Looks pretty good...how does it taste.

I may have to get a jar.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it, they sell the 1lb jars at vitamin shoppe + gnc for $8. so a little pricey, but not all bad to try it out. The flax adds a little bit more texture than a smooth peanut butter, but not crunchy. its good enough that I have sat down with a spoon and eaten it from the jar not on a sandwich :)

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
the ingredients list

Roasted Peanuts, Egg Whites, Flax Seeds Wheatgerm, Honey , Flax Seed Oil, Salt.

Amount Per
Serving % Daily
Value

Calories 315 N/A*

Total Fat 19 Gm 28%

Saturated Fat 2 Gm 9%

Omega-3 10 Gm N/A*

Omega-6 3 Gm N/A*

Cholesterol 0 Mg N/A*

Sodium 174 Mg 7%

Dietary Fiber 8 Gm 35%

Sugars 4 Gm N/A*

Vitamin A 0 N/A*

Folic Acid 0 40%

Vitamin C 0 1%

Riboflavin 0 10%

Calcium 0 4%

Niacin 0 35%

Iron 0 9%

Vitamin E 0 25%

Protein 24 Gm 48%
Sugar!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think that 4g worth in conjunction with that much fiber, protein + fat causes much of an insulin response :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Someone once said that the protein from peanuts (all nuts) is locked in a collagen matrix of sorts and cannot be absorbed. Any truth to this? What is the BV of nuts (compared to say Egg that has a 100 score)?

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that 4g worth in conjunction with that much fiber, protein + fat causes much of an insulin response :)
Maybe maybe... but the real problem is it looks too damn tasty ...I don't think I could stop at just a tablespoon. ...if THAT happens then I know I'd be in trouble. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe maybe... but the real problem is it looks too damn tasty ...I don't think I could stop at just a tablespoon. ...if THAT happens then I know I'd be in trouble. :)
oh but that 4g of sugars is at 4 tbsp. thats plenty, lemee tell ya :D

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
never mind....

Last edited:
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be careful - Power Butter massively failed label claims a few years back.

GIANT makes one that is superior, IMO.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established

you? bulking? your 7'4" 164 lbs. WTF......is that your heaviest? not trying to be a jerk, but with those stats your a bean pole.......i'm not that much bigger 6'1" 197lbs. but DAMN!!!!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you? bulking? your 7'4" 164 lbs. WTF......is that your heaviest? not trying to be a jerk, but with those stats your a bean pole.......i'm not that much bigger 6'1" 197lbs. but DAMN!!!!!
But...your profile says 190...you mean, maybe profile stats aren't accurate and can be changed to say anything?

NO WAY!!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
But...your profile says 190...you mean, maybe profile stats aren't accurate and can be changed to say anything?

NO WAY!!
AHH HA touche'...........i was thinking about that when i typed it too, didn't think I'd get that one past anyone, especially you.:clap2:

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Someone once said that the protein from peanuts (all nuts) is locked in a collagen matrix of sorts and cannot be absorbed. Any truth to this? What is the BV of nuts (compared to say Egg that has a 100 score)?
:hammer:

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
You really believe he is seven feet four inches tall?

Hit me up bro I've got some Real Estate to sell you...

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
i dont even know if it's possible. i'd imagine a person that was 7 4 that weighed that much would be skin and bones.... literally. i dont think it's possible. if it is, that's disgusting

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
You really believe he is seven feet four inches tall?

Hit me up bro I've got some Real Estate to sell you...
is it ocean front property in Arizona, that's what I'm looking for....:woohoo:

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
is it ocean front property in Arizona, that's what I'm looking for....:woohoo:
I'm sure they'll put the ocean in right after you buy ...no worries bro...great place to raise a family ...H.I., Edwina & their "adopted" son Nathan Arizona live just two cacti over ...yep great place to raise a family...

...pssst I even hear in the big city they got one of them seven footers...they call him "the Big Disappointment" ...don't exactly know why ...heck they got a lot a big things in that there city... got them a coach ...a Mr. Pringles looking Eyetalian sorta chap ...call him "the Big Ego" ...course he'll probably be gone before you figure things out...I take cash by the way ...yep nothing but blue skies and sunshine my boy...

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from Whole Foods and found a fun Nut grinder to make your own nut-butter. Talk about natural. Thought it was cool and got some fresh ground PB and Almond butter.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they'll put the ocean in right after you buy ...no worries bro...great place to raise a family ...H.I., Edwina & their "adopted" son Nathan Arizona live just two cacti over ...yep great place to raise a family...

...pssst I even hear in the big city they got one of them seven footers...they call him "the Big Disappointment" ...don't exactly know why ...heck they got a lot a big things in that there city... got them a coach ...a Mr. Pringles looking Eyetalian sorta chap ...call him "the Big Ego" ...course he'll probably be gone before you figure things out...I take cash by the way ...yep nothing but blue skies and sunshine my boy...
i think i know the house youre talking about. it comes with money in it already right?

soultrain

soultrain

Awards
Curious about all the talk about almond butter, I recently bought some and must say it's so delicious I will never buy peanut butter again. :food:

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious about all the talk about almond butter, I recently bought some and must say it's so delicious I will never buy peanut butter again. :food:
My friend is obsessed with that stuff.

R

riskerz

Awards
I dont know if i bought the wrong peanut butter or what but i cannot stand the taste of the natty pb. Its so different in texture than reg pb. when i take a half sppon of it i can barely move my mouth or tongue cuz of the thickness of it....maybe i should try amond butter...

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I dont know if i bought the wrong peanut butter or what but i cannot stand the taste of the natty pb. Its so different in texture than reg pb. when i take a half sppon of it i can barely move my mouth or tongue cuz of the thickness of it....maybe i should try amond butter...
try skippy brand natural peanut butter. to me, its the taste and texture of the normal one, but the healthy benefits of natural.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If you aren't going through a regular size tub every two days you're a weak ass *****.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you aren't going through a regular size tub every two days you're a weak ass *****.
I was buying the 4lbs ones from d p s nutrition (the PowerPB) and the 3 4lb tubs would just last a little more than a month :D