Decrease vascularity ?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Need some help here ..

I maxed out @ 280 lbs Christmas of 2006, and dieted my way down, and I'm now standing @ 221 lbs. I've kept the muscle mass, and added some on top of that, as I've been maintaining 220-240 lbs the past 8 months.

As a result of having dropped all this weight, and reached a ~8% bodyfat level, I've become vacular as hell. Me and my girl didn't speak for about 6 months, and now we began again .. I took my shirt off, and she's not diggin' the veins and my vascularity, and says it's definitely and obstruction during sex, as it's a semi-turn off. (don't suggest I turn the lights off; lights need to be on to make the best of the bed room sessions). But it's the ONE issue we're having now, the constant vascularity is just too much for her, which is understandable - not all girls are too in to that. Some girls think of veins as something that should mainly be visible on people of age ...

I'm not taking any NO-products nor arginine or the likes. I'm using Xtend and Beta Alanine alongside the RPM/Drive stack at the moment.

Is there anything I can do to decrease my vascularity naturally ? Is a higher percentage bodyfat my only viable option ?

I know it sounds like a weird question, but .. she's the girl I'm wanting to end up with, and it's the one issue we're having at the moment. I bet ya'll think twice about whatever your girl says is a turn-off about you, too, so please let me know your thoughts on this !

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
you're just wanting to show out.....hhahahahah!

but seriously, there's nothing i know of. i just 'googled' it for ya, and i found nothing. if google ain't got the answer, you're ****ed.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Dang bro, don't get me wrong, too vascular and 8% is a problem I wouldn't mind having. But like you said, is it worth the cost of it being a turn off?

I hope someone is able to chime in with some advice for you other than packing on some bf.

Doesn't the CM in Xtend help with NO production? And RPM contains the arginine. Hmmm, no idea bro; it sucks not being able to think of anything.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
perhaps some vaso-restrictors??? isnt ephedrine a vaso-restictor?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
rpm/drive will make you more vascular. maybe you need to drop those.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
man, i just looked again, all over the place. for all kinds of things, and there's nothing i could find at all. i even looked around pubmed, though i can't understand half of what is stated in those experiments. sorry, m'man.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the help, fellas.

I looked in to some vaso-constrictors, although you won't find too many 'legal' choices there.. but the vaso-constrictors can also potentially lead to Erectile dysfunction issues - obviously, with less bloodflod to the erectile tissue - so I'm not too thrilled about that either..

I've got some research to do ahead.. I was surprised the 'low' arginine content in drive and RPM would yield as much increase in vascularity as they possibly do, but then again, I'm only comparing my own body from when i was on NO2 back in the day which is supposed to give you veins like a freak, but at that time I wasn't at a low enough bodyfat level nor was I as built as I am now, so obviously that's got an additional effect.

Thanks again, fellas !

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
"bodybuilder should drop Creatine supplementation one to two weeks prior to a show to insure maximum definition and vascularity." so maybe try taking Mono?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Dehydrate yourself.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh!t man, I have never heard of anyone having the problem of being too vascular. Maybe you should try competing bro! But other than adding fat I don't know any solution...

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
this could be a good thing for you, I mean, the only reason to try to be more vascular is usually because you either like the way it looks, or competition judges want to see it. So, if you're not competing and you're not happy with how it's making you look, you may as well be happy about the fact that this situation gives you more diet freedom. Now you can be less restrictive with both sodium and caloric/fat intake. Try allowing a bit more sodium intake first, since you probably want to keep your body fat percentage low for accomplishments sake. yay, more turkey bacon for you! :)

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there's anyway to decrease vascularity while maintaing a low bf% Your veins are there permanantly. I wouldn't risk damaging your veins and all the health problems associated with constricting them. Only thing I can think of is to put on some more fat and water weight so they're not as apparent or get a new chick if you dont want to sacrifice your hard earned vascularity.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
... Now you can be less restrictive with both sodium and caloric/fat intake. Try allowing a bit more sodium intake first, since you probably want to keep your body fat percentage low for accomplishments sake. yay, more turkey bacon for you! :)
Oh wait, you're norweigan....Yay, more cured salmon with cream cheese on pumpernickel bread for you! :p More thinly sliced Gjetost on hot buttered toast! pig shaped marzipan! Tins full of danish butter cookies! black licorice candies!

dertynasty

dertynasty

$Money$
Awards
  • Established
Oh wait, you're norweigan....Yay, more cured salmon with cream cheese on pumpernickel bread for you! :p More thinly sliced Gjetost on hot buttered toast! pig shaped marzipan! Tins full of danish butter cookies! black licorice candies!
holy ****, that sounds bomb.... cept for the black licorice.

On that note... here is how you solve your problem...

EITHER:
Give in to your woman and stop doing what YOU love to do so much (bodybuilding) and get bloated and add fat so that she can get what SHE wants.

OR:
Continue doing what you want, drill it into your woman that it IS sexy, wear the pants and make it clear that you aren't going to change who you are for someone elses pleasure (don't say it like that, say it nicely), and continue being the alpha in the relationship.

If you show her you like who you are, what you are, and what you do... she has no other choice but to buy into your frame of mind and go along with it. It will not happen over night but it WILL happen, its social science.

You're a male, you're the alpha. Be it. Show it.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude there isn't anything you can do to change how vascular you are, it's pretty much a genetic thing. Your girl will have to learn to accept it or you'll both have to move on.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha, I've GOT TO ask ! How the hell did ya even get the 'gjet-ost' in there ? (Geit-ost) .. goat cheese for everyone else .. Hilarious bro ! Now HAD i been in norway still, I'd be enjoying the hell outta fish and the likes, but I can't afford it at the moment. Danish butter cookies rock as well, but I'm able to not drop by World Market and pick those up. Unfortunately, ya'll Americans know your candy as well, so Jordan Chocolate Almonds have become my newest weakness, haha.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
... And yes, I'll be keeping the girl ! But I won't do anything drastic to 'get rid of them' .. that's simply unattainable at the moment unless I go an unhealthy route. I just have to re-emphasize the fact that I didn't feel healthy being heavier, and I can't/won't gain that weight back. Seriously, my BP and overall health is my best yet, and I wouldn't change that ! I believe in time she'll understand, but at the moment she's just going to have to suppress her thoughts on it.

Appreciate the encouraging words, fellas. I figured I'd get flamed for being a 'hypocrit' for asking such a question ..

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha, I've GOT TO ask ! How the hell did ya even get the 'gjet-ost' in there ? (Geit-ost) .. goat cheese for everyone else .. Hilarious bro ! Now HAD i been in norway still, I'd be enjoying the hell outta fish and the likes, but I can't afford it at the moment. Danish butter cookies rock as well, but I'm able to not drop by World Market and pick those up. Unfortunately, ya'll Americans know your candy as well, so Jordan Chocolate Almonds have become my newest weakness, haha.
My grandparent's generation on my mother's side came directly from norway, so I'm only 2nd generation american and cultural/ancestral ties are still strongly evident in my family, hehe.
So, I know all the quirky foods, etc. My great uncle Daag got deported back to Norway because he is of northern descent, and hes stabbed someone in a fight who happened to be black, so certain things were implied about the nature of the crime which may or may not be true. You know how our heritage is prone to certain extremist perversions, and people like to stereotype. He now runs a renowned hair salon in Oslo, odd profession, for a norse biker if you ask me.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My grandparent's generation on my mother's side came directly from norway, so I'm only 2nd generation american and cultural/ancestral ties are still strongly evident in my family, hehe.
So, I know all the quirky foods, etc. My great uncle Daag got deported back to Norway because he is of northern descent, and hes stabbed someone in a fight who happened to be black, so certain things were implied about the nature of the crime which may or may not be true. You know how our heritage is prone to certain extremist perversions, and people like to stereotype. He now runs a renowned hair salon in Oslo, odd profession, for a norse biker if you ask me.
Hahaha, that's the most random story I have heard in a long time, and that's fcukin' hilarious !!!