always hungry

predator04

Awards
I'm Always hungry evan after i eat. any sugestions on how not to be hungry?I eat clean and I eat like a horse I'm getting leaner and am getting results but some times I just wana keep eating.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
First try drinking more water and fibrous veggies that will help fill you up and feel full. Second check out your diet (are you hardcore low cal dieting?) Your body is telling you its hungry for a reason (nobodies body likes low calorie diets) and yes its a part of dieting, but to a point. Lastly if nothing else is working look into a appetite suppressant.

predator04

Awards
Drink one gal a day of water. As far as really low cal its not that low. I am very active at work cause im a carpenter so im always running around doin somethin. then I get home and work out then do cardio. and then my day comes to a sudden hault with nuthin to do. I mite not be eating enough. I just don't know how many cal. I burn in a day.when i dont have somthin to do I always get hungry too

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Drink one gal a day of water. As far as really low cal its not that low. I am very active at work cause im a carpenter so im always running around doin somethin. then I get home and work out then do cardio. and then my day comes to a sudden hault with nuthin to do. I mite not be eating enough. I just don't know how many cal. I burn in a day.when i dont have somthin to do I always get hungry too
google BMR Calculator.. Its your Basal Metabolic Rate... it'll tell you roughly how many your burning alone w/o exercising... def good stuff! Good Luck!

predator04

Awards
I have a girlfriend goin on 5 yrs with her. Thanks Boxmeman

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
No idea what your diet looks like, but possibly switch out the high GI carbs (white bread, sugar, white rice, etc.) with lower GI carbs (oatmeal, yams, brown rice)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
No idea what your diet looks like, but possibly switch out the high GI carbs (white bread, sugar, white rice, etc.) with lower GI carbs (oatmeal, yams, brown rice)
Good suggestion!

I would also say to keep track for a day of what you take into your body. For someone who has an active job and works out, you are going to need more calories than the average person that sits behind a desk most of the day...it's just a fact. That doesn't mean that you can't eat more and still get great results...it just depends on whats going in your mouth.

Keep track of cal's for a day and post...if you don't mind.

predator04

Awards
I only eat complex carbs except for after workouts. and I will post what I eat for today.Thanks

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I only eat complex carbs except for after workouts. and I will post what I eat for today.Thanks
Good deal. If you've never kept track, you'd be surprised at how easy it is to get lost in cal's.

I had days where I felt I ate plenty sufficiently only to realize I had taken in only maybe 1500 cals in total. I also have a physical job as well as play a lot of tennis and workout as much as I can....1500 is not enough for that kind of lifestyle.

predator04

Awards
I had ben keeping a food journal and Thought i was starting to get over obsesses with it so I stoped doin it and I also got a good feel for it so I stopped writin it down. What I ate yesterday.
breakfast:probolic sr shake, half cup oats,3egg whites,banana
mid morning snak:metrx big 100 bar,20 oz water
lunch:1 can tuna in water,1cup fat free cottage cheese,2slices wheat bread, apple.
afternoon snak:probolic sr shake
diner:10 oz chicken breast,1 cup cooked brown rice,2cups brocoli. with water throughout the day.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Good deal. If you've never kept track, you'd be surprised at how easy it is to get lost in cal's.

I had days where I felt I ate plenty sufficiently only to realize I had taken in only maybe 1500 cals in total. I also have a physical job as well as play a lot of tennis and workout as much as I can....1500 is not enough for that kind of lifestyle.
I have the same problem bro. If I don't track it consistantly I'm usually sitting at around 2200 cal, maint is 3000.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem bro. If I don't track it consistantly I'm usually sitting at around 2200 cal, maint is 3000.
Its so tough...even when you think your bases are covered...they rarely are.

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fish oil has been shown to make the body think it's getting lots of fats, and therefore reduces appetite. I'd say start taking fish oil, and if you do take fish oil already, bump it up to around 10g/day. Personally I notice less urge to eat, and much more gradual increase of hunger when I have more fish oil.

Speed321

Awards
i deff have this prob,
1) try creating alternatives for foods for variety
2) eat more whole food
3) have a cheat day of eat big day to look forward to
4) drink a lot of water and eat 2-3 cups of veggies with a couple meals a day

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I find if I have been eating a low carb diet for 3-4 days then on the 5th I am starving but thats pretty normal. Carb cycling is a *****.