GuitarHero's Cutting Riff

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

GuitarHero's Cutting Riff

OK, my previous goal was always to bulk, but over the course of my time bulking I have picked up a good amount of abdominal fat, so now (with summer coming) it's time to shed that sheet. I'm on Day 3 and am bored as fcuk at work (nights), so I figured I'd start a little journal/notebook on here to chart my progress. That way maybe I can get some pointers along the way. I should also add that my plan is to continue my cut for 1-2 months.

I do realize 165 isn't exactly big, but I have a really small frame, before I started lifting/eating right to build muscle, I weighed in around 130-140.

My current (starting) stats:

5'10"

Current Sups:
    Yohimbine HCL caps 2.5mg (4/day)
    Megadrine RFA (2/day)
    Syntrax Matrix 5.0 Protein (2-3times/day)

My diet plan consists of around 2000 to 2300kcal/day with macros being approximately 40% fat, 40% protein, 20% carbs, which comes out to around 90g fat, 200g protein, and 100g carbs. I'm trying to keep the carbs between 80-100g as of right now to see how my body reacts and then possibly go lower if needed. I am planning on doing somewhat of a "carb-up day" on Sat or Sun as well.

My current split:

Monday/Thursday - Full Body Lift
    -Squats or Leg Press
    -Flat Bench or Incline Bench
    -Lat Pull Down or Seated Row
    -Deadlifts
    -Shoulder Press
    -Tris or Bis

-10-15min HIIT Cardio Session

Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday or Saturday - Cardio (+Abs 2-3 days)
    -30min HIIT Cardio Session
    -6-10 Sets of Abs (Crunches, Leg Lifts, etc)

I'll update when I can with my weight and progress. I'll also add some pics when I get a chance. I am open to changing things as suggested, so any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.

best of luck to you sir
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Thanks ticco!

I plan to post some more specifi diet info soon, with some example days' meals.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

OK, so today was a full body lift day and I had a great workout. I forgot to mention that for legs I'm incorporating the 20-rep Squat routine. It's GREAT!

Exercises:
    -Incl DB Bench -- 4 sets 12/14/6/8 (went down a bit in weight on the last one)
    -Deadlifts -- 3 sets 10/10/10
    -Bent-over Row -- 3 sets 12/8/12
    -Leg Press -- 3 sets 10x90/12x180/20x250
    -Ab Work

I had great energy today at the gym, which I'm pretty sure was from the Yohimbine caps and the Megadrine.

I saw my old boss (who I hate with a passion) at the gym today and I got a crazy rush of adreneline and rage. I saw him as I was getting ready to do my last set of Bent-over Rows. I'd just done 8 reps on the 2nd set and felt like I probably couldn't go up in weight, but I decided to go up 20 pounds anyway. As soon as I saw him, I got a crazy pissed of rush of rage all through me and I exploded through 12 reps, I couldn't believe it. After that, I was going to do shoulders and arms, but skip legs because they were too sore from all the cardio/squats on Tues; but I was so pumped I wanted to get in a 20 rep Leg Press. I ended up going up 10 pounds from my Tuesday weight and pounding out all 20 at 250 pounds, which is the most I've done the 20 reps. It was great, I need to imagine him being there everytime I go to the gym from now on.

I was so shaky and feeling like I was going to puke/explode after the leg press that I just decided to forgo the rest of the workout, so I did a little abs and went home.

Song of the day: Pantera - Cowboys From Hell (listened to it during the 20 rep and it's really the only song I recall hearing because I was soooo charged).

I should note, I think the stims/thermos did have something to do with the extra bursts of energy because I've lifted pissed off and thinking about someone I really dislike before and I've never experienced anything like this!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Another thing I probably should add is that I cut my calories down to 2500 last week and began my current lifting/cardio regimen, but just started the diet and supplements this week. That being said, I can already notice a difference in the mirror around the midsection, so that's providing me some encouragement.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting big and then cutting
    By EagleEye in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 11:02 AM
  2. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 11:04 PM
  3. Cutting Oil with B12
    By TheRifleman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 05:25 PM