Getting rid of fat

getridofmytit

Awards
Im in college. Im 21, 5'11, and about a year ago, I was a college student eating fast food at least once a day. A lot of times I would grab it late at night on my way home from whatever I was doing, down about 1500 calories, and fall right asleep. Only to wake up miserable the next day, groggy, frustrated at myself for not having the discipline to stay true to myself, and the cycle continued. I would say it had been the same deal for at least 6 years previous to that. See, a lot of times I would lose weight - I'm a pro at it by now - I would lose 20 pounds, but as results became obvious, I would fall right back into my old habits and then gain everything then some.

This pattern continued from when I was about 215 pounds in 8th grade, to 276 pounds when I started college, to my highest weight of 315 back in January 2007. I got down to about 300 by the summer, but then I broke up with my girlfriend. (I'll spare you the reasonings behind her being with a guy like me for now). In any case, the break up was devastating and I got down to 242 pounds that I am today.

But heres the issue: I look exactly like I used to back then. And Im not being modest here. My tits are still amazingly large, my stomach is still incredibly large, and I feel as disgusting as I did with when I was 300. Most of my body is in proportion, but I just have a huge chest and stomach. Its not a solidly large stomach... Its rolls. And Its bad. And I still do just as much to cover up my chest/stomach with clothes as I did back when I was in the three hundreds.

I dont touch fast food anymore and my eating habits have tremendously improved. Tremendously. I dont eat much junk and my diet has no refined sugars. I eat lean meats, salmon, whole grains only, plenty of spinach, broccoli, asparagus, cottage cheese, brown rice, tuna, the list goes on. I eat DAMN healthy. And I drink lots of water and green tea.

I also work out about 4-5 times a week and Im good with that too. Its tough to stick with the cardio though, I easily get bored. I would say a normal cardio session would be 1 minute warm up at 4.0, then a 29 minute jog at 6.3, with a .5 incline. I then go on the bike on a random/interval setting and do 20 minutes at about 90 RPMS. Is this long/challenging enough? Should I start an interval cardio program, and how can I maximize its effects?

I've been hovering around 242 for about a month now, and I want to accelerate my weight loss.

A friend suggested fat loss pills. Any suggestions for supplements that would help someone like me with a large stomach/chest lose weight?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in college. Im 21, 5'11, and about a year ago, I was a college student eating fast food at least once a day. A lot of times I would grab it late at night on my way home from whatever I was doing, down about 1500 calories, and fall right asleep. Only to wake up miserable the next day, groggy, frustrated at myself for not having the discipline to stay true to myself, and the cycle continued. I would say it had been the same deal for at least 6 years previous to that. See, a lot of times I would lose weight - I'm a pro at it by now - I would lose 20 pounds, but as results became obvious, I would fall right back into my old habits and then gain everything then some.

This pattern continued from when I was about 215 pounds in 8th grade, to 276 pounds when I started college, to my highest weight of 315 back in January 2007. I got down to about 300 by the summer, but then I broke up with my girlfriend. (I'll spare you the reasonings behind her being with a guy like me for now). In any case, the break up was devastating and I got down to 242 pounds that I am today.

But heres the issue: I look exactly like I used to back then. And Im not being modest here. My tits are still amazingly large, my stomach is still incredibly large, and I feel as disgusting as I did with when I was 300. Most of my body is in proportion, but I just have a huge chest and stomach. Its not a solidly large stomach... Its rolls. And Its bad. And I still do just as much to cover up my chest/stomach with clothes as I did back when I was in the three hundreds.

I dont touch fast food anymore and my eating habits have tremendously improved. Tremendously. I dont eat much junk and my diet has no refined sugars. I eat lean meats, salmon, whole grains only, plenty of spinach, broccoli, asparagus, cottage cheese, brown rice, tuna, the list goes on. I eat DAMN healthy. And I drink lots of water and green tea.

I also work out about 4-5 times a week and Im good with that too. Its tough to stick with the cardio though, I easily get bored. I would say a normal cardio session would be 1 minute warm up at 4.0, then a 29 minute jog at 6.3, with a .5 incline. I then go on the bike on a random/interval setting and do 20 minutes at about 90 RPMS. Is this long/challenging enough? Should I start an interval cardio program, and how can I maximize its effects?

I've been hovering around 242 for about a month now, and I want to accelerate my weight loss.

A friend suggested fat loss pills. Any suggestions for supplements that would help someone like me with a large stomach/chest lose weight?
Diet and cardio.....I would check out Leviathan Reloaded, it can, and will help you out. I love it personally.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
also TTA products (DCP, Burn3d, Lipidfx)and primaforce sesamin are good, and a lot of buzz about usplabs recreate.

also, try to find cardio that you find bearable, be it something high intensity and thus less boring, listening to ipod or watching tv while you do it, etc. you could also consider switching up your lifting routine, and make it a point to use less rest time between sets. it sounds like you have the diet down very well, which is key, so you have a good base, just don't be afraid to tinker if things aren't going the way you want it to. maybe try something like reducing carbs or setting a carb cutoff time
in addition, if you are suffering from fat deposits in specific areas, you could try something like http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/rpn/thermo-glide.html or http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/avant-research/napalm-4-oz.html as these are designed specifically with reducing fat in a specific spot. And last but not least, keep yourself motivated, but also stay positive. it sounds like you've come a long way, whether you realize it or not.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I am going to suggest just checking this out. I know you said you eat healthy and such but I have a feeling you can dial in a few more points in there somewhere. Also you can choose to ignore the supplement section of that and if you do I would say Leviathan Reloaded, DCP, ReCreate, or just a basic ECA/Y stack would be very beneficial to you.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/90304-beginners-all-ages.html

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
You never mentioned any kind of exercise. Diet pills won't do much for you at all without exercise. Eating less and not exercising just slows your metabolism down. So, how tall are you? I'd like other readers to be able to put 242 lbs into perspective. Also, regardless of how many calories you take in, you need to make sure to eat smaller meals more often as opposed to 1-3 big meals a day. I know that can be hard, it is for me. I like to eat big meals and feel full, not tiny ones and constantly barely feel satisfied, but, it works to keep your metabolism moving for sure.

I promise you man, exercise above all else, keep your calories just a couple hundered short of whatever is required to maintain your weight at your height, and stretch your meals into
4-6 portions a day, and you will drop that weight. I won't lie, it'll be hard. It is rewarding though. You can do better, you can be better, in every way, and as you improve and it starts to show, the motivation starts flowing on its own. I wish you he best of results.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible that you're doing too much cardio and not enough weight training?

I promise you man, exercise above all else, keep your calories just a couple hundered short of whatever is required to maintain your weight at your height, and stretch your meals into
4-6 portions a day, and you will drop that weight. I won't lie, it'll be hard. It is rewarding though. You can do better, you can be better, in every way, and as you improve and it starts to show, the motivation starts flowing on its own. I wish you he best of results.
Have you tracked your cal intake? I used to not do it and then I came to find out that I was underfeeding myself. My body was storing everything it took in as fat because it wasn't getting enough nutrients throughout the day. I upped it to maintenance level and the lbs started shedding off. I highly recommend logging your calories for at least one week to see your avg daily intake. You may be suprised like I was.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
All of the above has been solid advice. I'll also chime in that when loosing weight (I started off at nearly the same weight as you, but I'm only 5'7"), it tends to work its way in from your extremeties, so the core of your body (including chest) is probably going to be the last to loose the fat (speaking from experience). Just stay dedicated and keep up the good work!

MB

epixep

epixep

Awards
If you feel like you're doing everything right with training and diet... then add Levi Reloaded and DCP. But make sure you're doing everything else right first, it sounds like you are.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
All of the above has been solid advice. I'll also chime in that when loosing weight (I started off at nearly the same weight as you, but I'm only 5'7"), it tends to work its way in from your extremeties, so the core of your body (including chest) is probably going to be the last to loose the fat (speaking from experience). Just stay dedicated and keep up the good work!

MB
I came down from 260 lbs to about 203 lbs just over 8 months ago and it was quite the process. I had always wondered why I have "skinny-guy" body parts everywhere else except my torso now and I can't seem to get rid of this pudge around my waste.

Leviathan will be on my PCT cut

I hope that is true about the core losing it last because it is quite irritating.

On another note(sorry to be off topic): I still have a gaining weight complex that tells me I am doing bad everytime I step on the scale and its increased even though now I know it is "good" weight that is being put on. It is especially hard with the cycle I am on now (putting on 7 lbs in 1 week). Anyways, sorry to write a novel about this, but CONGRATULATIONS on everyone losing the weight. I know how hard it is.

LeeN

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Work more on adding muscle :) that will help in a number of ways. It will tighten up areas as well as burn calories in and of itself. also, the tracking diet precisely including measuring is important, to really get a look at caloric intake. Really tho, I don't think you need to accelerate the fat loss much. The issue is that if you loose it too fast, you will likely need plastic surgery to get rid of loose skin. So hit some weights hard, work on gaining strength, and track calories with fitday or the diet calculator here on AM