Refine my Diet

system60

Awards
New hear and need some advice. As far as I know I'm eating pretty clean but still stuck at 220. Current Diet:

Noon - Wake up
1:00 - Omlette 2 egg whites, 2 omega 3 eggs, 2.5oz onion, 1.5oz portabello mushrooms, 1oz spinach, 1.5 red or green peppers. (if short on time .5 cup oatmeal w/ a scoop of protein powder.)
3:30 - Protein shake (2scoops) w/ 1tbsp flax.
6:30 - 5 - 6oz. either grilled Chick, Beef, or Pork with a cup of vegetables.
9:30 - Protein shake (2scoops) w/ 1tbsp flax.
11:30 - Apple
12:00am - Ragnarok (caff free)
1- 2am- Workout
2am - PWO Shake 35g pro 52g Dex
3am - 3.5oz Chicken 1/4cup brown rice.
4am - Go to sleep.

Non workout days only change is no apple , a p/b (4tbsp)on multigrain bread around 12am, maybe a shake later on.

Only real cheat is the creamer in my occasional cup of coffee, or an oatmeal cookie those days I'm hungrier than normal (recipe from Jay cutlers site).

system60

Awards
BTW Current routine is:

Tues - Deadlift 5x5, Pullups 3x8, Tbar Rows 4x6
Weds - Bench 5x5, Inc Bench 3x8, Dips 4x6
Thurs - Off
Fri - Squats 5x5, Calf raises 3x8, Lunges 4x6
Sat - Push Press 5x5, Side Lateral Raise 3x8, Seated DB Press 4x6

just listed the work sets, do 3 -4 warm up sets before work set.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
What is the total calorie intake on that and at what macros? Also what are your stats?

system60

Awards
Work Days
2098cal 235g Pro, 153g Carbs, 64g Fat - 46/26/28 p/c/f

Off days
2027cal 217g Pro, 82g Carbs, 97g Fat - 44/13/44 p/c/f

not including occasional coffee w/ creamer or oatmeal cookie.

Stats. 5'8" 220lbs
in the past year I've been as high as 245 and low as 213.

system60

Awards
Thinking taking one egg out of the first meal and just do another egg white.

Should i keep the rice w/ my last meal ? Just have the chicken , is having 1/4 rice 1hr before going to sleep a good idea

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Overall looks pretty solid (although imo 2000 calories is a bit short to be at 220 and still wanting to loose weight without muscle loss.) Whats your bf level at?

As far as those corrections, it depends on if your achieving your goals and also your carb sensitivity. If you can put down carbs later its great because it will drastically help with muscle preservation. Overall its about getting in the calories and macros for the day, nutrient timing (for the most part) second.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
interesting sleep schedule, what's up with that?

system60

Awards
I work 4pm to 12:30am

Also i've changed up my 3:30 and 9:30 shakes to just 2 scoop of protein (50/50 mix of ON Whey and ON Casein)

I'd like to preserve muscle but really need to lose fat. Bodyfat is probably 25-30%

Iv'e started taking Recreate this week, don't really feel much different on it as far as bodytemp or energry.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Personally I would up the cals a little bit. I have to eat more than that to make gains and I only weigh 185... FWIW my BMR is ~1900 kcal but I didn't start making any real gains until I went up to ~3500 kcal.

** Wow! Ignore my post. I thought I was posting in the bulking section. LOL. **

Last edited:

system60

Awards
w/ new changes (doing 3eggwhites/1egg instead of 2ew/2egg and only using 1scoop protein in shakes instead of 2) its now

Work Days
1729 cal 186 Pro, 119g Carbs, 59g Fat - 44/25/31 p/c/f

Off days
1739cal 166g Pro, 89g Carbs, 77g Fat - 47/14/39 p/c/f

See how things go for the next two weeks.

system60

Awards
Need suggestions on what to change. After last change to 17xx/day after almost 1 month all that went down were my lifts. Currently I'm up to 2200/off 2500/work and I just started doing the Stronglifts.com 5x5 so I'll have to see how this goes

Noon - Wake up
1:00 - Omlette 1 egg whites, 2 omega 3 eggs, 2.5oz onion, 1oz portabello mushrooms, 1oz spinach, 1 red or green peppers. (if short on time .5 cup oatmeal w/ a scoop of protein powder.)
3:30 - Protein shake (1.5scoops)
6:30 - 7oz. either grilled Chicken with a cup of vegetables and 1/2cup brown rice.
9:30 - Protein shake (1.5scoops), 1/2 p/b sandwich
12:00am - Apple
1- 2am- Workout
2am - PWO Shake 35g pro 70g Dex
3am - 4oz Chicken 1/4cup brown rice.
4am - Go to sleep.

system60

Awards
Non work days.

1:00 - Omlette 1 egg whites, 2 omega 3 eggs, 2.5oz onion, 1oz portabello mushrooms, 1oz spinach, 1 red or green peppers. (if short on time .5 cup oatmeal w/ a scoop of protein powder.)
3:30 - Protein shake (1.5scoops)
6:30 - 7oz. either grilled Chicken with a cup of vegetables and 1/2cup brown rice.
9:30 - Protein shake (1.5scoops), 1/2 p/b sandwich
12:00am - p/b sandwich
2am - Shake
3am - Go to sleep.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i am in the same boat as you, and have FAILED many times at trying to 'cut.' but one thing i am leaning towards as of now, hoping that it works on a prayer, is using only "slow" carbs. my carbs come from beans and oats alone. i'm cutting out dextrose. i'm cutting out breads. i'm cutting out fruit. i'm cutting out anything with a GI rating that's higher than the 20's.

it's something i haven't tried before. all i'll be eating will be lean proteins (meats n eggs/whites), beans, salad, assorted veggies, and healthy fats (oats postworkout 2/3 cup). i hope this works. i'll still be getting in a good 160g of carbs this way, but they'll be slooooooooooow carbs that take a lot of energy (cal-burning) to digest. also, lots of fiber will be in them beans/carbs to help me with the extra meats i'll be taking in, which will replace the protein shakes i'd used too much.

it just might be good. i don't know yet.

system60

Awards
Thanks, maybe then I'll try adding oats and some flax oil to my 9:30 shake. And instead of a p/b sandwich at 12am on off days I'll have cottage cheese.

In the 2 weeks since I reupped my cals and started the SL 5x5 I went back up to 230 :frustrate . And the worst part is right now I'm eating better working out harder than when I was able to get down to 213.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
New hear and need some advice. As far as I know I'm eating pretty clean but still stuck at 220. Current Diet:

Noon - Wake up
1:00 - Omlette 2 egg whites, 2 omega 3 eggs, 2.5oz onion, 1.5oz portabello mushrooms, 1oz spinach, 1.5 red or green peppers. (if short on time .5 cup oatmeal w/ a scoop of protein powder.)
3:30 - Protein shake (2scoops) w/ 1tbsp flax.
6:30 - 5 - 6oz. either grilled Chick, Beef, or Pork with a cup of vegetables.
9:30 - Protein shake (2scoops) w/ 1tbsp flax.
11:30 - Apple
12:00am - Ragnarok (caff free)
1- 2am- Workout
2am - PWO Shake 35g pro 52g Dex
3am - 3.5oz Chicken 1/4cup brown rice.
4am - Go to sleep.

Non workout days only change is no apple , a p/b (4tbsp)on multigrain bread around 12am, maybe a shake later on.

Only real cheat is the creamer in my occasional cup of coffee, or an oatmeal cookie those days I'm hungrier than normal (recipe from Jay cutlers site).
your schedule will make having a GREAT diet fairly tough but if you trying to cut I really see quite a few problems, this first is a personal preference with me,

-I like to get 2-3 good meals in after my workout (i deliberately go to the gym around 2-3 to ensure this) by the time i get home at 4-5I eat right away, about 3.5 hours later I eat again, and immediately before bed I eat again.

Here's a few more problems that are tough to fix becuase of your schedule (some are).

-Move your egg meal to the end of the night, and the chicken to the first, so you will be taking in the eggs (with more good fats) at night, and the chicken (more lean) in the morning, try to keep this setup with all your meals, if you going to eat burger, or fish, or eggs, or nuts, anything with good fats eath them toward the end of the night, if you going to eat chicken, or egg whites, 99% Fat-free turkey burger or anything lean, try to eat those earlier in the day.

-Your eating something like 70+ G of carbs immediatly before you goto bed at night, I know carbs are good after a workout which makes the 1-2AM workout things kinda tough.

-If it were my diet I would like to see more real foods in there, cut out some protein shakes and get some real food in you, 96/4 burger, tilapia, eggs, chicken, steak at night, I see 4 meals that have protein shakes in them, 3 of which the protein shake is the WHOLE meal

-Also I would kinda of re-arrange the entire plan, your awake for about 16 hours which means to fit 5 meals you should eat every 3.2 hours...I dont like to eat on a schedule though, I like to eat when I am hungry, so try to put the meal portions to the right size so you will be hungry again in about 3 and a half hours.

I also posted up in your other thread about carb-cycling to give you an idea what seems to work best for me.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
also man, dont be SO perfect, most people on here (and this includes me) are not professional BB'ers. I honestly dont think that counting calories and macro's down to the tee will be any benefit to you and I - make sure you know what your eating, still limit carbs at night, and eat fats at night, and lean protein in the morning etc. but counting macro's and having a diet setup to a tee, is really something that probably isn't going to help you.

dommer

Banned
Awards
Work Days
2098cal 235g Pro, 153g Carbs, 64g Fat - 46/26/28 p/c/f

Off days
2027cal 217g Pro, 82g Carbs, 97g Fat - 44/13/44 p/c/f

not including occasional coffee w/ creamer or oatmeal cookie.

Stats. 5'8" 220lbs
in the past year I've been as high as 245 and low as 213.
more carbs less fats

and i would take less protein powder i nand eat more chicken on my cut phase i was eating anywhere from 12-26oz of chicken a day and i lost a ton of weight pretty quickly

chicken and tuna are your friend

and fat free yogurt or low fat yogurt is a nice little snack/desert weight watchers yogurt tastes damn good i highly recommend it it will help break up the blandness of your eating

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
good thoughts. sadly, unless you like "plain" yogurt, regular or lowfat has a $hi!load of sugar in it. might as well drink koolaid. the plain is great on a baked tater.