my recomp/cut progress thread

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
im 19, about 5'11.5'' (though i just say im 6' haha), ive been training seriously for about 2 years. my weight when i first started was 235 and probably like 25% bf and about zero strength. ive been cutting since january 1st. my starting stats were 198 and probably about 14-15% bf. as of january 24th, i was 191, not sure on bf, maybe 12-13%. then january 24th i added leviathan reloaded for 6 weeks. definitely got my cut on a roll with LR, and dropped about 4 lbs on it, however i noticed strength was up, and i could see a little bit of size added as well. as of today, april 1st, i am at 182, and i think like 11-12% bf.

my training style is pretty standard, heavy, high volume, super sets and drop sets here or there. ive been doing cardio 3-4 times per week usually HIIT, sometimes steady and low resistance, and usually done after weight training.

my diet has been pretty tight, f***** up a few times due to vacation and just plain old veering off course. i try to go 3-4 days of low carbs, usually around 100-150 grams. then i follow those with 3-4 days of higher carb days, around 225 to 275. i try to stay around 2800 to 3000 cals. my protein intake is usually anywhere from 250-300 grams, and fat is about at 40-50 grams. (instead of counting calories, i just did the calculations to figure how many grams of carbs, protein, and fat i needed to make about 300, and the only way i drop my calories is by cutting some carbs out). ive found cycling carbs to be super effective. lets me eat all the good stuff on my high days, and keeps me disciplined on my low days.

other than leviathan reloaded, i added drive/rpm about 2 weeks ago, and so far am seeing strength increase, and a little bit of leaning out, as well as harder dryer looking muscles, and some of the most incredible pumps ive ever had. and i just ordered another bottle of rpm and drive, as well as anabolic pump, and retain 2 (really trying to get rid of the little puch at the bottom of my belly).

here are some pictures from jan 24, and some from today, april 1.
any suggestions for my quest to be lean would be awesome. :cheers:

january 24

april 1

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have everything in order and working for you. Definitely look leaner with no real loss in overall size. Keep up the solid work man.

Suggestions; Keep doing what your doing.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking like some major improvements man. I say keep what your doing as that sounds like a very solid plan. Only thing you could possibly change is training, and when i say this its not that your training has anything wrong about it but changing it up can keep gains going. Really though seems like your on a great track.