genetic fat

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible to lose fat if you're genetically inclined to store it in certain places?

I've always had a problem with love handles...my wife says it's my one weak point. Over the weekend we went to a b-day party for my mom, who turned 65, and my wife noticed my mom, my three siblings, and two of my three nephews all had extra fat in the lower back area. Even ones not fat anywhere else have that extra roll in the lower back. That has led my to conclude that that fat accumilation in that area is a family trait.

Am I screwed?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
No, don't lose hope. You may be genetically inclined to store fat there, but if you keep your bodyfat low it shouldn't matter. Also depending on you lifestyle and habits you may find that you do not have the same response to weight gain.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I eat well and train hard, that spot has alway eluded me. Add to that I have a compressed L3/L4 and that makes strength training that area rough...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried a topical fat loss cream?

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Napalm and Formestane (penetrate/form) Leviathan-R/DCP has worked wonders on my low back fat. That along side a religious training schedule that has cardio as important as lifting, and a very clean diet. That is always the last place I hold fat, and this year it's all going away fast.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually taking Levi now.

I've never used a topical. I may give it a shot sometime when I have the money.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Clen? haha just kidding, kind of.

I agree Napalm would prolly be ideal. Maybe stacked or something mixed in?

I have thick area there too, LevithanR helped alot for me though, as well as the 1st mentioned. Nothing will work though unless you up the cardio.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Yes, genetics can help determind where fat is stored, but no genetics cannot and do not limit people from losing fat.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can lose the fat. All of my family is huge. I'm the only one under 25% body fat and I'm at about 12%. I eat good and exercise.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
You can lose the fat. All of my family is huge. I'm the only one under 25% body fat and I'm at about 12%. I eat good and exercise.
I'm the leanest in the family too, it just seems almost all of us have a pooch in the kidney area. I'll eventually give napalm a shot.