Hello! I'm new! I'm on the Anabolic Diet!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Thought I'd give my first thread a bit of pep to catch some attention. I am on the Anabolic Diet. I've been on just a few days shy of a month now, and I want to make it work for me. I've been getting desperate. I just can't tweak any diet/training routine I'm on to give me the results I want. I'm always either a strong strong fatty or a weak ass thinny. There hasn't been a strong strong leany for me ever or in the least a happy medium either.

I currently weigh 200 lbs even and I am sitting at 13-15% body fat, I think. I have been consuming an average of 3000-3300 calories a tuesday through saturday. A typical day of eating on these training days looks like this for me:

meal 1:
3 egg omelet with 1 slice cheese and 6 strips bacon

meal 2:
1.5 scoops whey with 2 tbsp olive oil and a bowl of greens

meal 3:
8 oz 80/20 beef with a bowl of greens

prework: 1 scoop NO shotgun, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp olive oil

meal 4:
8 oz 80/20 beef, 2 oz walnuts, 1 bowl greens

meal 5:
3 eggs with some cheese and some heavy cream to sip on with a bowl of greens

(throughout the day, i also take in 3-4 servings of metamucil)

I do my carbups on Sunday and a bit on Monday. It's a 36 hour loading. I take in 750-800g carbs on those days. The carbs on these days vary a bit, so i won't mention a particular menu. but rest assured, they come from sweet potato, fruit, grains, veggies mostly. today, though, I drank a coke and ate some sour candy belts. they were good! but i don't generally do that.

The training involved with my diet goes like this. It's a three day training routine, a full-body, on tuesday/thursday/saturday. I think my tweaking needs to come in here, as well as the diet, but getting the training right seems to be harder for me right now.

Here is my day. They are supersets. There are 5 of them. Each exercise is 2 sets. All sets are done at 12 reps.

SS1
bench
wide pullups

SS2
Behind Neck Press
Barbell Row

SS3
Ez curls
A Tricep Extension of a sort OR Close Grip Decline

SS4
Situps at 40 reps
Crunches at 20 reps

SS5
Squat
Straight Leg Deads

Finish with Shrugs, calves, forearms

I don't hit much cardio. I do 10 minutes post-workout and two 20 minute sessions on two off days.

I have lost strength. I am not progressing with this. I realize that the body needs to adapt AND i need to fix some things that may be wrong. I WILL NOT just quit on this diet, as it is said to produce results by MANY people. Heck, some have said to get to where they wanna be in a matter of a few months!!! I really wanna believe in this. Heck, when you're not genetically gifted and/or a training guru, that's all you can do until you find wisdom, which takes time. I digress. can anyone help me by corresponding with me on this matter? i would appreciate it greatly.

P.S.- I am very happy to be a part of this forum. It's been awhile since I've had a forum status and I look forward to seeing what this brings! Thank YOU!

Eric L.

Last edited:
Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
anyone at all? i would truly appreciate it. believe me, i can offer up advice on some stuff, too. scratch my back here.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
alright, fair enough. i didn't exactly ask a direct question(s). does anyone know of an optimal training routine to lose the fat? also, does my diet look alright? am i doing too much of a carb-up, i mean, what are the lowest carbs i can take in to refill my glycogen stores for the training onslaught?

what are the rules of the carb-up, exactly? i weigh 200 at 13% bf right now. how many carbs should i take in to refill?

i am unsure about the best training method, although, i am looking into something of a high rep three day routine and a low rep full body, making for a four day workout plan. the three days are legs, chest/back, and then shoulders/arms. the fourth day, after a rest, is a whole body power day.

also, does my diet look ok? should i lean up the fats, like get in more nuts, oils, and 'leaner' fats if i wanna lose fat? i have been kind of stagnant with this shocker of a diet. that's not right. something dramatic, like the testimonials, should be happening to my body right now. PLEASE, help me!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright, fair enough. i didn't exactly ask a direct question(s). does anyone know of an optimal training routine to lose the fat? also, does my diet look alright? am i doing too much of a carb-up, i mean, what are the lowest carbs i can take in to refill my glycogen stores for the training onslaught?

what are the rules of the carb-up, exactly? i weigh 200 at 13% bf right now. how many carbs should i take in to refill?

i am unsure about the best training method, although, i am looking into something of a high rep three day routine and a low rep full body, making for a four day workout plan. the three days are legs, chest/back, and then shoulders/arms. the fourth day, after a rest, is a whole body power day.

also, does my diet look ok? should i lean up the fats, like get in more nuts, oils, and 'leaner' fats if i wanna lose fat? i have been kind of stagnant with this shocker of a diet. that's not right. something dramatic, like the testimonials, should be happening to my body right now. PLEASE, help me!

I gave you that link, use it!. You will find all the information you need there.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
there just wasn't any information on there, except for the fact that i could purchase the book from that site. frankly, i'm in a bit of a financial bind right now, and i relied on the internet to give me the information as opposed to the 50 bucks i'd have to spend. not to mention, to learn from those who have already tried it, with success, is valuable in comparison to the trial/error process that comes with this diet.

so, please, anyone who has tried the AD, can you throw me a few pointers on how to best 'cut' as far as training and diet are concerned. i have NO idea about the training, i mean, what's best to MAYBE get stronger while burning fat and at the same time not overtrain/undertrain and overcardio/undercardio. as far as diet, i believe it said to cut your cals by 500 if the weightloss stagnates. i got that info from stronglifts.com

actually, i got ALL my info from stronglifts.com in regards to the AD diet. can anyone help me flesh this concept out and make it work optimally? thank you.

Eric.

rcaz01

Awards
There are a million posts on how others have done this. I PM'd you with another link that may help as well.

Good luck!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i looked through the posts on the forum search. i didn't find anything in the way of specifically helping MY situation. i mean, we're all a little alike, but we're all also a little different.

i realize that i am new, and that i should get my name out there and start by helpING and not being helpED. but, i don't know, i guess i'm doing it backwards. haha! but seriously. if anyone can help me with this thing, it'd make me really happy, cause i'm confused.

here's a new routine i was thinking of starting as of today. does it look good for this type of diet? i mean, i've been on the routine above for a couple months now, so i wanna switch up; i just don't know what rep range is best/when to use them if there are more than one amounts, etc. i realize that these are A WHOLE LOT OF SETS, but they will be done with light weight in superset fashion, so as to help me get done quick and not get overtrained......hopefully? any thoughts? i may need to put legs between chest/back and shoulders/arms, however. i may find my arms burnt out from chest/back. again, i'm not sure:

Monday: Cardio/Abs-
20 minutes medium cardio
80 situps
5 minutes medium cardio

Tuesday: Legs-
5 minutes cardio
8 sets squats at 10 reps
8 sets deadlifts at 10 reps
4 sets ham curls at 10 reps
10 mintues cardio

Wednesday: Chest/Back
5 minutes cardio
4 sets of bench at 10 reps
8 sets of pull-ups at 10 reps
4 sets d.b. flys at 10 reps
4 sets of bb rows at 10 reps
10 minutes cardio

Thursday: Shoulders/Arms
5 minutes cardio
4 sets of bnmp at 10 reps
2 sets of lateral raises at 10 reps
6 sets of ez curls at 10 reps
6 sets of close grip at 10 reps
10 minutes cardio

Friday: Cardio/Abs-
20 minutes cardio
80 situps
5 minutes cardio

Saturday: Whole body
5 minutes cardio
3 sets of bench s.s. w/3 sets pull-ups all at 6 reps
3 sets of squats s.s. w/3 sets s.l. deads all at 8 reps
3 sets of shoulder press s.s. w/ 2 sets of b.b. power curls at 6 reps
3 sets weighted dips at 6 reps
10 minutes cardio
(Postworkout start with carb loading and by end of your day take in 300g carbs)

Sunday: Rest
(Take in 450g carbs)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i'm chewin' on crickets here. listen, i just took a look at my body hoppin out the shower and it's not good. i got all this loose fat hanging off of my body. it wouldn't be so bad if it were firm, but it's this watery ****. i am desperate to make this work. I DO NOT WANNA QUIT on it. please, someone help me.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
You have been on the diet for about a month now? Did you do the recomended induction phase? You have to give your body time to transition to using fat as its prefferred fuel. I didnt take the time to input your food into fit day but make sure your macros come out to about 75% fat 25% and the rest are trace carbs ( <30 grams). A common mistake people make on the diet is they do a high protein diet with low fat. This will cause all the excess protein to be used for glucogenesis. The diet works, just give it time. I think you are like me in the fact that you want to wake up lean. Even the best programs require hard work and time. Give yourself at least a optimal amount of time to ride it out. In the month have you lost bodyfat, lean muscle? Measure things out. You need to establish baselines and go from there. Not losing weight? Cut your calories by 300 a week and vice versa if you are losing too much. Take some pictures and post them up week to week. It will give you some proof and a good way to measure what works and what doesnt. When you have been on the diet a lot longer you can do midweek carb spikes and those are fun. Best of luck to you. You are lucky you aren't fat like me. I'd kill to be starting with 15% bodyfat.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You have been on the diet for about a month now? Did you do the recomended induction phase? You have to give your body time to transition to using fat as its prefferred fuel. I didnt take the time to input your food into fit day but make sure your macros come out to about 75% fat 25% and the rest are trace carbs ( <30 grams). A common mistake people make on the diet is they do a high protein diet with low fat. This will cause all the excess protein to be used for glucogenesis. The diet works, just give it time. I think you are like me in the fact that you want to wake up lean. Even the best programs require hard work and time. Give yourself at least a optimal amount of time to ride it out. In the month have you lost bodyfat, lean muscle? Measure things out. You need to establish baselines and go from there. Not losing weight? Cut your calories by 300 a week and vice versa if you are losing too much. Take some pictures and post them up week to week. It will give you some proof and a good way to measure what works and what doesnt. When you have been on the diet a lot longer you can do midweek carb spikes and those are fun. Best of luck to you. You are lucky you aren't fat like me. I'd kill to be starting with 15% bodyfat.

I appreciate the reinforcement your post has given me. I have been on it for a month now, and I must be losing body fat because I can see the top rungs of my stomach muscles pretty clearly now, but it's strange cause I feel like i'm getting fatter everywhere else. I got a waterbed mattress on my gut and my thighs rub together when I walk.

I hit some solid cardio last night. I know it's not advisable, as running, especially the way I did last night, burns your stores up pretty quickly. I couldn't help it though, it was as if the fat was taunting me, and I had to kill it off. To make things more dramatic, I was running outside through an intense storm, frequent lightning and all, downpour, etc. It was just like a movie. People were leering at me as they drove by. hahaha!

But, I digress. I didn't do the hardcore induction phase, as there were mixed opinions on this. I did the jump into the 5on/2off. I realize that adapting to be a fat burner takes longer with this method, but it's been a month. Believe me, I won't quit, not with the success rates I've read forum to forum and page to page to page worldwide regarding this diet. It has worked for 99.999% of people who have tried it, and I'm gonna bust my ass until I KNOW if i'm one of them, or that ".0001 percent." I quoted that because this diet should work for most anyone, but I think people quit on it first. I won't.

Thank you, Manko.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
My favorite AD related site http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

I actually have lost waist inches while gaining bodyweight
(and inches in chest and arms).

The one problem I have with AD is my electrolytes go f'n crazy. About midway week two I will start cramping in the hands, followed by mood swings.

This last time I ended up with a "lay in bed with covers over the face" migraine for three days along with an occational fluttering in my chest. I cancelled the diet and ate normal and was OK...checking around I found out my potassium probably dropped too low.

I do know in the first week I pee'd like crazy and water/sodium/potassium are all in balance. I drank plenty of water, ate salted almonds, and took a muti 3x a day...it still wasn't enough for me.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
My favorite AD related site http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

I actually have lost waist inches while gaining bodyweight
(and inches in chest and arms).

The one problem I have with AD is my electrolytes go f'n crazy. About midway week two I will start cramping in the hands, followed by mood swings.

This last time I ended up with a "lay in bed with covers over the face" migraine for three days along with an occational fluttering in my chest. I cancelled the diet and ate normal and was OK...checking around I found out my potassium probably dropped too low.

I do know in the first week I pee'd like crazy and water/sodium/potassium are all in balance. I drank plenty of water, ate salted almonds, and took a muti 3x a day...it still wasn't enough for me.
eh, rob, yes stronglifts.com is super informative regarding this diet. that site is where i got, say, 70-80% of my information from regarding this diet. however, something is either missing for me/off kilter/ or it just takes more time for some than others and i am over-analyzing.

i LOVE the fat for fuel basis this diet works off of. when i wakey wakey to eat my eggs and bacee i feel a power surge hit me. i breath heavy after chewing on the first few strips, feeling the energy work in. i have NO issues with energy on this diet, so i know i am able to be one of those who it works for. however, i am just not losing the fat. i don't know if i don't do enough cardio, or if i am eating too much. i weigh 200 and i eat 3000 cals a day, sometimes a few hundred less on carb-ups/off days. i mean, i get my carbs in, no issue there, but i lean up on them cals if i ain't puttin' in some work. not much, but you know.

do you see any discrepancies with my proposed NEW workout plan? how about diet? manko advised me to lower in the bracket of 300 kcals a week if my fat loss stagnated. I have to admit, in my experience, that sounds more user friendly than the 500 proposed by stronglifts.com. I guess I'll go this route. However, I should be able to still be losing with a few hundred more, but, we're all different I guess. So, i'll drop the cals a bit. As far as the routine goes, I think that I'll just go ahead and try the new one I made up. The reps seem high for legs, but I will use LOW weight. I wanna really get things pumping, particularly my heart.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Bro, you just need to find your caloritic sweet spot. I didn't cut calories when I did it, I just ate hardboiled eggs, beef, or fish every 2-3 hours. I react well other than my aforementioned elctrolyte problems.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Why are people so afraid to purchase a book yet they will spend hundreds of dollars a month on supplements?
i kinda resent that remark, T-bone. I ain't got no money for supps or books. The only supps I take are whey protein, a multi, and calcium. I got that NO shotgun months back when I bought 3 tubs for like 60 bucks off E-bay. It was a steal and I stole it.

You won't find ME in the supplement thread round here, that's for sure. That ain't me, homie. Although, I did do some ph's a year or so back. I regret it, though. The gains were fake and I got backne still to this day.

But hey, for when I can afford it, what's in the book that's pertinent anyhow? You don't have to give me a play by play. A one sentence summary'll do. Thank you. I wanna have an idea of what I may be missing, so it might motivate me to pick up some extra hours to buy the damn thing. I'm broke and I was really just hoping I could get the picture of how to do this from constant studying of peoples' logs of actual use, which I have been studying. But something is missing for me.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i think another alteration i might make is to deliberately consume, say 15g of straight carbs, each day. i just don't think i'm getting my 30g of carbs in to keep my out of that ketosis zone. i only eat, i'd say, maybe 20. i get my 'carbs' from fiber, greens, and a few oz. of walnuts. i don't think it adds up. I know I am not just 'flattening' muscle right now, I am losing it. Anyone think this is ok? I am straight on the routine; I am gonna try it. Also, I am going to start cutting cals finally. Maybe it's time after a month to go down to 2700, as fat loss has stopped completely. So diet and routine are to be tested now. But what about carb-ups and weekday carbs? What should I be consuming for my carb-ups? I just go till I see 'the bloat', but i want more than this guestimate. also, again, what about the consuming 15g of carbs just to make sure I get my 30-35 or so each day?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i kinda resent that remark, T-bone. I ain't got no money for supps or books. The only supps I take are whey protein, a multi, and calcium. I got that NO shotgun months back when I bought 3 tubs for like 60 bucks off E-bay. It was a steal and I stole it.

You won't find ME in the supplement thread round here, that's for sure. That ain't me, homie. Although, I did do some ph's a year or so back. I regret it, though. The gains were fake and I got backne still to this day.

But hey, for when I can afford it, what's in the book that's pertinent anyhow? You don't have to give me a play by play. A one sentence summary'll do. Thank you. I wanna have an idea of what I may be missing, so it might motivate me to pick up some extra hours to buy the damn thing. I'm broke and I was really just hoping I could get the picture of how to do this from constant studying of peoples' logs of actual use, which I have been studying. But something is missing for me.

Well ok you and me are sorta in the same boat then. I have creditors haressing me all week long. If I want to set aside some money for something though I just make sure I save it...If I were you I would wait till I got the book actually start the diet though.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
if your trying to cut just try getting on a high rep plan like what you have. i think you need more excercises in your day to day plan. you only have 2 pre day. also with the diet, i just wrote my own diet. I would say just tweak it all till you find somethign that works for you. thats what just about everyone has to do to get the results they want...hope this helps at all (didnt seem to answer your question) but maybe it can be of some encouragement

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
thank you, texas. i am about to post up THE workout i am gonna switch over to. i will not change the fundamentals of it. that does not mean input is not good, but what i mean is, i will stick to this semi-difficult workout to get my butt back in gear. alterations can be made, so long as it's still a killer.

i've decided to just eat when i'm hungry, and eat clean the way i always have. i'll lean up as i see fit. i don't wanna think of my body as a science experiment. if i notice i'm gaining muscle, that's good. if i notice i'm gaining muscle AND fat, that's good and bad, then i'll eat a bit less. if i notice i'm not gaining muscle and not losing fat, i'll eat more clean cals and up the work, etc.

here is the finalized routine, if anyone is interested. i like it because it'll force me back into trying real hard again. i'm gonna be hitting weighted dips, close grip, deadlifts, and the like quite frequently. let the pain begin:

Monday: Cardio/Abs-
20 minutes medium cardio
80 situps
5 minutes medium cardio

Tuesday: Chest/Back
5 minutes cardio
4 sets of weighted dips at 10 reps
6 sets of pull-ups at 10 reps
4 sets d.b. flys at 10 reps
4 sets of bb rows at 10 reps
10 minutes cardio

Wednesday: Legs-
5 minutes cardio
8 sets squats at 10 reps
8 sets deadlifts at 10 reps
4 sets ham curls at 10 reps
10 mintues cardio

Thursday: Shoulders/Arms
5 minutes cardio
4 sets of bnmp at 10 reps
1 sets of lateral raises to failure
6 sets of ez curls at 10 reps
6 sets of close grip at 10 reps
10 minutes cardio

Friday: Cardio/Abs-
20 minutes cardio
80 situps
5 minutes cardio

Saturday: Whole body
5 minutes cardio
3 sets of bench s.s. w/3 sets pull-ups all at 6 reps
3 sets of squats s.s. w/3 sets s.l. deads all at 8 reps
3 sets of shoulder press s.s. w/ 2 sets of b.b. power curls at 6 reps
3 sets weighted dips at 6 reps with a 1RM neg to start each set
10 minutes cardio
(Postworkout start with carb loading and by end of your day take in 300g carbs)

Sunday: Rest
(Take in 450g carbs)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established

The bolded part up there... What are you saying here?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
sounds a bit better of a WO. try it out adn see waht you think. also try doing some military WO with some 4-6 second neg. that will help get a great pump. try neg 4 seconnds and then explode up doing 4x6-8 with a light weight. for example i use 135lbs on that excercise. try it, hopefully thats of some help to gain muscle AND lean up

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
to ozark:

i meant that the gains came; they came big. for example, by the time it was all said and done after three weeks, i had added 20 lbs to my 10 rep dumbell shoulder presses. that's A LOT. i was hittin' them 95's. BUT.....it didn't stay that way. i went down progressively to where i was at 85's. i lowered the volume and ate well and took proper PCT protocols. i just think it's bullshit. it pumps you and then deflates you halfway. screw it.

to texas: i am a big fan of negatives. i will be incorporating these into my dips, close grips, and pullups accordingly for sure. thank you for your input. i believe you will be a great help just as you have been now in the future. thank you.

Eric L.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
What exactly did you do for pct? I mean, unless you were well over your genetic potential, with a sufficient pct (coupled with diet and training), you should've been able to hold onto those gains.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
well, this isn't the steroid or supplement thread, but i'll tell you nonetheless.

in my pct, i had Liquinolva, Novedex XT, milk thistle/NAC (liver repair), and hawthorne.

i did my nolvadex pct in the morning before breakfast on a constant 20. not none of that 40/30/20/20 or what have you complicated-when-it-didn't-have-to-be stuff. i would follow up with three novedex xt caps, one midday and the other two before workouts. i did the nolva for 10 days and the novedex for just over half a bottle. the liver and prostate supps, i essentially used 2x the daily doses, the liver for a week, the prostate for two weeks.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
should i have done something different? i mean, i got half a bottle sitting in my desk drawer of methyldrol xt right now. is there something i should have done differently in your opinion, in case i happen to by some chance decide to do the other half, unlikely as that may be.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Well, you did only use the nolva for 10 days.. depending on how long your cycle was, that may not have been long enough.. But yeah, you're right, I shouldn't be asking this here.. Sorry for the hijack bro!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't read every post in here . . . but if you're not happy with your weightloss/results, I'd bet my left nut it's because you don't do enough cardio .. You're wanting to entirely deplete your glycogen storages, hence, you've got to drain yourself. I've been in your shoes before, only doing full-body workouts, and not splitting up body parts in the way you are, but you won't get far with 5-25 minutes of cardio per day. I'd recommend no less than one hour 6-7 days per week. Personally, I've dropped 25 lbs in one month by doing cardio 6 (normally 7) days per week, one session in the AM, and another in the PM on most days..

Like I said, I didn't read every post, so it may have been commented on before .. but fatloss = diet + cardio + hardcore discipline. If you don't drop between 4-8 lbs in your glycogen depletion phase of the week, you're not depleted ..

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
thank you, norweigan. i will look into this matter further. i already know from myself that i am not doing enough cardio, but that changed as of these past two days. i got myself back in the swing by going on two half hour runs....and i live in the mountains. i'll find my optimum levels for everything soon enough. my sanity depends on it.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
gonna drop the diet and stick with the routine. i have got the book now, but i think i should read it first and understand the science behind this diet as T-bone suggested. i am just not ready right now. i think i can plan this diet for after summer break. what i have done so far on this diet is FAIL. i have lost a lot of strength without even losing much fat as far as i can tell. when i did traditional, moderate carb diets, i of course 'cut' and kept my strength.

i'll go ahead and wait this thing out and do THE RESEARCH. but be prepared for another post after the summer from me, y'all. cause i'll hit it again after i read the book and then take that knowledge and optimize to form a theory of muscle building badassness that fits ME, specifically ME. yeah! thank you all for your help in this matter. i am not beat. i have not begun to fight!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, i forgot. since i do not know how to come off this diet optimally, and there is no literature on it anywhere on the good old 'net, i am going to do my usual carbup this weekend, then, through the week next week, add in 20g carbs at breakfast/20g preworkout. then the week after, i'll add in another 20 at breakfast/another 20g preworkout. then, after that PLUNGE back into the traditional diet.

i'll up my cardio and up my power in the gym as well, so as to minimize fat gain that might occur. who knows, maybe i'll gain my muscle back that i stupidly lost on this novice attempt?!

thanks, y'all!

eric.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
When was the time you took a week off? You may be overtraining and it may be time for a week out of the gym at maintenance calories.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i took a week off one month ago. i do not think i overtrained on this diet, as i do not work out to get sore. i was not sore on this diet either. that's how i guage overtraining, by soreness, because i never cheat. i always do my reps with full movement, and i kept them moderate. i did three full bodies a week with 12 reps/2 sets.

i am just not ready right now for this. i can admit that. but i thank you for the advice, driverdan.

eric.