Help a young bodybuilder with a cut.

Hello!

current Stats:

*200lbs
*16,5-17% bodyfat,
*Lbm 157 (light boned?)
*height 5'10.
*455,330,550 raw.
*waist 35 (this is where most of the fat is)

Goal:

*8-9% bodyfat
*Lbm 157 (or more)
*increased strength
*waist 31-32 inches

How should i approach this?
will 12-16 weeks in most cases be suficcient?
get shredded diet?,
veliocity diet?,
UD,v.2.0?
Anabolic Diet?

I know the basics regarding cutting.
caloric surplus, less carbs, healthy fats, lots of water,
frequent meals, Protein, macronutrition ratio etc.

But following a strict plan is much more motivational.!!

these are the supps that i like to include:

*fish oil
*whey/kasein powder
*ZMA
*Hot Rox extreme
*multivitamin
*ALA
*BCAA
*Creatine
*Glutamin peptides.

Thanx:)

gym88

Awards
there is an anabolic diet just for powerilfters. check it out.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
does the 455, 350, and 550 raw correspond to your squat, bench, and deadlift, respectively? If those are your lifts at 5'10 then I think you have a bit more lean body mass than 157 lbs!
FYI the anabolic diet for powerlifters is in a nutshell the same as the anabolic diet for bodybuilders, the metabolic diet, and the basic anabolic diet with only a few minor changes.
If you choose the AD, then you will require an adjustment period of 4 weeks before you can begin to cut. During that 4 weeks you may lose some fat but the real losses will come when you can begin cutting after the initial 4 weeks. So, just know that if you choose the AD then there will be this adjustment period whereas I don't believe you will have the adjustment periods with the other alternative diets you have listed.

aiminghigh

Awards
455, 350, and 550 raw correspond to my squat, bench, and deadlift yes.
My LBM was measured 71,7kg with an impedance device.
Wierd because i am much stronger and more muscular compared to friends with higher LBM, so I doubt it to be a correct measurement.

anyway....

The anabolic diet is ketonic right?
Is an extremely low carb diet the wise approach in any case? concerning muscle loss, strength etc
Because i like broccoli,greens,tomatoes,avocados, and post workout carbs ;D

thanx for replies; )
I would definetely check out the anabolic diet!

I am not a powerlifter :)

more suggestions ?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
455, 350, and 550 raw correspond to my squat, bench, and deadlift yes.
My LBM was measured 71,7kg with an impedance device.
Wierd because i am much stronger and more muscular compared to friends with higher LBM, so I doubt it to be a correct measurement.

anyway....

The anabolic diet is ketonic right?
Is an extremely low carb diet the wise approach in any case? concerning muscle loss, strength etc
Because i like broccoli,greens,tomatoes,avocados, and post workout carbs ;D

thanx for replies; )
I would definetely check out the anabolic diet!

I am not a powerlifter :)

more suggestions ?
Low carb/high fat diet is definately the best way to cut if you are looking to spare as much muscle mass as possible. The reason for this is that once you have switched from a carbohydrate burning metabolism to a fat burning metabolism your body will get rid of fat before it touches protein (muscle).
The AD is not a ketogenic diet as some of the other diets you have listed are. With the AD you would be eating around 30g of carbs per day for most of the week which for most people is just enough to hover above ketosis but not enough to kick you back into a carbohydrate burning metabolism.
Ketosis is catabolic and will contribute to faster weight loss than the AD, but you will lose more muscle guaranteed. With the AD, after about 6 weeks you will not be in ketosis and instead you will be in an anabolic environment that is very protein sparing. However, like I said this diet requires an adjustment period of 4 weeks before you begin to cut calories. So, those who are looking for a "quick fix" might want to try something else.