lactic acid training for fat loss

gym88

Awards
hello everyone i read an article a while back about lactic acid training and dramatic fat loss.
the idea behind it is that lactic acid is suppose to increase gh. just wondering if anyone has tried it and had success with it as i like a new challenge and would want to try it.

gym88

Awards
in the article it says it can also add a few pounds of muscle aswell

gym88

Awards
Its one of the principles for HIIT cardio.
is it. but in the article it says the burn has to be very severe and it make you feel sick.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I thought elevated lactic acids levels hindered fatty acid utilization.

gym88

Awards
I thought elevated lactic acids levels hindered fatty acid utilization.
im not sure about that i think poliquin has used it with his athletes

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established

gym88

Awards
yes. not just fat loss but dramatic fat loss im also sure Christian Thibaudeau says its an effective method for fat loss

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I am imagining that the desired effect is something that happens after the workout.

gym88

Awards
im not sure mate,but i tried one of the workout this morning and let me tell you its pain but in a good way

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
im not sure mate,but i tried one of the workout this morning and let me tell you its pain but in a good way
Well yahoo. Let us know how it turns out. Always open to something new and improved.

gym88

Awards
will do ill do it for a month and give a review.
but would like to see peoples experiance with it

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally do not think much, if any, LBM can be added as a direct result of a change in cardio. That being said, the nutrient repartitioning and EPOC levels from HIIT cardio are fantastic for body composition. One thing to remember, though, is that HIIT can be very taxing on the CNS, so I would not restrict kcals too much.

gym88

Awards
I personally do not think much, if any, LBM can be added as a direct result of a change in cardio. That being said, the nutrient repartitioning and EPOC levels from HIIT cardio are fantastic for body composition. One thing to remember, though, is that HIIT can be very taxing on the CNS, so I would not restrict kcals too much.[/QUOTE

the lactic acid training is not through cardio its through lifting weights

gym88

Awards
i also notice a major pump to the worked muscle that i loved

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've done the GBC training, hard to say how much the lactic acid levels really helped. I did loose fat and gain strength doing it tho

gym88

Awards
well i got of the phone last night talking to a gym buddy and he used it twice in intervals of 4 weeks at a time and loved it. he didnt change his diet and still whent clubbing on the weekend. well i think ill give it a go because im currently cutting now using thyrotabs and lipo6 and straight after leviathan reloaded and leanxtreme wohooo.
<10% here i come

gym88

Awards
well i got of the phone last night talking to a gym buddy and he used it twice in intervals of 4 weeks and loved it. he didnt change his diet and still whent clubbing on the weekend. well i think ill give it a go because im currently cutting now using thyrotabs and lipo6 and straight after leviathan reloaded and leanxtreme wohooo.
<10% here i come

i apologise for the repost stupid computer lol

gumbercules01

Awards
I did a little lactic acid training for about a month towards the end of last year, I noticed a loss of fat and a major increase in endurance. However, I also noticed the all my maxes were down, so I would have to say I lost a little strength.

I think the best way to do it would be like Christian Thibaudeau's "Destroying Fat" where heavy lifting days and lactic inducing workouts are both included.

xmeroxmerox

xmeroxmerox

Bye
Awards
I think the best way to do it would be like Christian Thibaudeau's "Destroying Fat" where heavy lifting days and lactic inducing workouts are both included.
I read a lot of CP's work, and I have done GBC aka Lactic Acid for fat loss, and yes it does work, and it is different than HIIT.

And this year's cut, I will be using the outlines in CT's "Destroying Fat" article...

gym88

Awards
its a great article isnt it.
well im going to do my normal heavy lifting during my current cut.
im doing the following plan.
mon-chest/back
tuesday-legs
wed-off
thur-legs
fri-arms
sat/sun-off
i want to incorperate a full body lactic acid session, what would be the best day to do it?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
try and do as much supersetting as you can, with minimal rest. also do a leg exercise, then an upper body one, then a leg, then upper body. alternating like that will maximize results

xmeroxmerox

xmeroxmerox

Bye
Awards
Actually, I would do it with arms, or drop arms completely. A waste of time during a cut.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, the only problem I see with doing it friday in place of arms is that depending on how heavy thursday is, might still be pretty sore in the legs. actually tho, I could see dropping arms, and moving legs to friday and doing it then. Cause with hitting legs tuesday, i'm not sure how heavy you could hit them again thursday anyhow

xmeroxmerox

xmeroxmerox

Bye
Awards
will do. what kind of circuit should i do.
I've been to this seminar and Poliquin says largest muscle to smallest muscle, supersetting lower and upper body. If you don't want to throw up, it was too easy or you do pick the right intensity/weight.

Outlined in CT's article

CIRCUIT A (12-15 reps per set)

A1. Horizontal pushing exercise
A2. Quads-dominant exercise
A3. Horizontal pulling exercise
A4. Hamstrings-dominant exercise
A5. Abdominal exercise

No rest between exercises within the circuit (or as little as possible). Perform the circuit three times.

CIRCUIT B (15-20 reps per set)

B1. Vertical pushing exercise
B2. Quads-dominant exercise
B3. Vertical pulling exercise
B4. Hamstrings-dominant exercise
B5. Abdominal exercise

No rest between exercises within the circuit (or as little as possible). Perform the circuit three times.

CIRCUIT C — OPTIONAL (15-20 reps per set)

C1. Biceps exercise
C2. Calves exercise
C3. Triceps exercise
C4. Abdominal exercise
C5. Shoulder isolation exercise

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah I never saw it listed like that X, quite nice

xmeroxmerox

xmeroxmerox

Bye
Awards
well, the only problem I see with doing it friday in place of arms is that depending on how heavy thursday is, might still be pretty sore in the legs. actually tho, I could see dropping arms, and moving legs to friday and doing it then. Cause with hitting legs tuesday, i'm not sure how heavy you could hit them again thursday anyhow

What CT outlined:

Day 1: Heavy lifting chest/back

Day 2: Lactate-inducing workout 1

Day 3: OFF

Day 4: Heavy lifting quads/hams

Day 5: OFF

Day 6: Lactate-inducing workout 2

Day 7: OFF

gym88

Awards
I've been to this seminar and Poliquin says largest muscle to smallest muscle, supersetting lower and upper body. If you don't want to throw up, it was too easy or you do pick the right intensity/weight.

Outlined in CT's article

CIRCUIT A (12-15 reps per set)

A1. Horizontal pushing exercise
A2. Quads-dominant exercise
A3. Horizontal pulling exercise
A4. Hamstrings-dominant exercise
A5. Abdominal exercise

CIRCUIT B (15-20 reps per set)

B1. Vertical pushing exercise
B2. Quads-dominant exercise
B3. Vertical pulling exercise
B4. Hamstrings-dominant exercise
B5. Abdominal exercise

CIRCUIT C — OPTIONAL (15-20 reps per set)

C1. Biceps exercise
C2. Calves exercise
C3. Triceps exercise
C4. Abdominal exercise
C5. Shoulder isolation exercise

thnaks for the detailed reply will do a couple of the outlined circuits.

gym88

Awards
Been doing the circuits outlined by cp. they are umbelievable, ive lost weight but i cant say thats through lactic acid training yet as ive been dieting pretty well. ill say for sure my endurance and lactic tolerance have shot straight up.