Is ephedra legal again?

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
What's the deal here? I used to have to go to a special online store to get an ECA stack or anything with ephedra, and now I'm seeing ephedra everywhere! I'm even seeing it at online stores that never cross the line! Is it legal again?

donk

Awards
You can but primatine tablets at walmart and cvs for pretty cheap

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Was wondering the same thing myself. seems like recently everything has ephedra in it.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
"On April 14, 2005 a Federal District Court in Utah under Judge Tena Campbell struck down a U.S. Food and Drug Administration ban on ephedra. The ruling is specific only to Utah, although it calls into question the FDA ban in general. The suit in question was brought by the dietary supplement manufacturing company Nutraceutical Corporation. The decision specifically questioned the ability of the FDA to ban ephedra completely without conclusively demonstrating danger at low doses."

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
The FDA banned products that contain ephedra alkaloids. If you take a closer look at all these new "ephedra" products, you'll see that the extract is from the leaves. This new leaf extract is garbage and doesn't come close to the alkaloids, which are still illegal in the U.S.

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
"On April 14, 2005 a Federal District Court in Utah under Judge Tena Campbell struck down a U.S. Food and Drug Administration ban on ephedra. The ruling is specific only to Utah, although it calls into question the FDA ban in general. The suit in question was brought by the dietary supplement manufacturing company Nutraceutical Corporation. The decision specifically questioned the ability of the FDA to ban ephedra completely without conclusively demonstrating danger at low doses."
FYI, a federal appeals court overturned this Utah district court ruling. So products containing ephedra alkaloids are illegal in all 50 states now.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
The FDA banned products that contain ephedra alkaloids. If you take a closer look at all these new "ephedra" products, you'll see that the extract is from the leaves. This new leaf extract is garbage and doesn't come close to the alkaloids, which are still illegal in the U.S.
I just bought a bottle of this stuff called Red Hotz XS and it says it contains 25mg of ephedrine alkaloids. SO either its mislabeled to sell bottles or it has the good stuff in it.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the ones I use currently say "Ma Huang 25 mg ephedrine alkaloids" as well.

bryan4980

Awards
Yeah, the ones I use currently say "Ma Huang 25 mg ephedrine alkaloids" as well.
I had heard the FDA f'ed when they sent some list of banned substances in and did not put ephedra on there, don't know if there is any truth to it. Worst case you can always grow your own, that was always been legal.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure those products are still just using ephedra extract = no good :(

Just save yourself $20 and go get some bronkaid from Walmart for $9.99. THATS the real stuff.

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
I just bought a bottle of this stuff called Red Hotz XS and it says it contains 25mg of ephedrine alkaloids. SO either its mislabeled to sell bottles or it has the good stuff in it.
Hmm. That does sound like the good stuff. Are they left over bottles from before the ban or new batches? Does it have an expiration date on it? I have to believe that nutra would be carrying ephedra again if it was, in fact, legal. I haven't noticed any of these so called ephedra products for sale at nutra. Therefore, I have to assume that they are either illegal or bunk. How does that Red Hotz feel? Does it seem like it's pretty good?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure those products are still just using ephedra extract = no good :(

Just save yourself $20 and go get some bronkaid from Walmart for $9.99. THATS the real stuff.
no, get the primatene, its got ephedrine HCL (bronkaid has epehedrine sulfate) :)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
no, get the primatene, its got ephedrine HCL (bronkaid has epehedrine sulfate) :)
Ah yes, good call there Easy. I just did a quick bronchodilator search and that was the first on one the list. Definitely get the HCl. The stuff you guys are getting in supp shops are not gonna do what you hoping for. Big price and cool label, but no results.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the bronkaid looked cheaper first time so thats what I bought, but the sulfate sucks, have to take signficantly more of it, so then it ends up more expensive than the HCL :)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
the bronkaid looked cheaper first time so thats what I bought, but the sulfate sucks, have to take signficantly more of it, so then it ends up more expensive than the HCL :)
Eh.. and thats stuffs got that guafinesen crap in it too. I bet your liver loved you during that period.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they both do, I kind of like the combo as it keeps my allergies at bay at the same time :)

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. That does sound like the good stuff. Are they left over bottles from before the ban or new batches? Does it have an expiration date on it? I have to believe that nutra would be carrying ephedra again if it was, in fact, legal. I haven't noticed any of these so called ephedra products for sale at nutra. Therefore, I have to assume that they are either illegal or bunk. How does that Red Hotz feel? Does it seem like it's pretty good?
The bottle says it expires in 2010, as for its legality, I dont know and i dont care if its illegal. Its a ridiculous ban. As for energy i get a nice buzz/euphoric feeling from it so i have to say its good stuff.

sasha481

Awards

Bronkaid contains ephedrine sulfate. So what the difference between ephedrine sulfate and efedrine chloride?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Bronkaid contains ephedrine sulfate. So what the difference between ephedrine sulfate and efedrine chloride?
stxnas just answered that for you. Read the first few posts from here.

I've been seeing lots of ma huang and ephedrine hcl supplements too. I don't know if they're old products, the laws were changed, or if they're being sold illegally, but they're around if you look. I'm planning to order some Delta Health Products Yellow Bullet next time I get paid. --> 300mg Proprietary Blend Ma Huang (aerial part)(standardized for 25mg of naturally-occurring ephedra group alkaloids)

35talife

Awards
My experience with the new Ephedra products

Hi
I am new hear but I often seek advise on this board before buying new products.

I have had a very positive experience with a product called BlueSlim it contains 27 mg E alkaloids.

I used this pretty pricey stuff for about six months and lost seventy pounds.

I was surprised how similar it felt to the old Ripped Fuel.

I have been using Ephedra products since the age of 14. I also have purchased raw Ephedra foliage and capped it with good success.
I do purchase Pseudo and feel that it is more controlled than illegal.
The crazy lawyers in this country look for anything to sink there teeth into...so most suppliers will not sell anything close to the old Ripped fuel out of fear of litigation.