success stories with CKD diet

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
Has anyone tried this diet and did it work? I am thinking about doing it as I am trying to get shredded for summer haha.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good luck. It's a biatch, but it works WELL. Use clen or an ECA stack with it and you're laughing.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
I was thinking about using this stack with it:

Leviathan Reloaded
Lean Xtreme 2.0
E-form
DCP

good??? :)

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of stuff to be taking. Yohimbe is supposed to be great on a low-carb diet. I wouldn't know personally though because Australian customs steal it from me every time I try to order it!

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Been working for me, I've been dropping weight and keeping/gaining muscle

I used an ECA stack w/ a halfway decent diet and didnt get the results I got from no stims and a quality diet. Plus I drink every weekend and I can see results.

I'll be posting pics/measurements next week of my progress in my log if you want to follow along.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
I will def. be following....if I only remember haha, thanks for the reply's guys

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
so is there anywhere that has a CKD diet calculator that I can use instead of figuring everything out by myself? what can i say, im lazy.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
that seems like a lot of muscle loss there distilled water......

and nevermind i found a calculator

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that seems like a lot of muscle loss there distilled water......

and nevermind i found a calculator
Nope, Didn't you see the last line?!?!?

I lost minimal amounts from my arms and chest, actually my legs got bigger. I don't think I lost any muscle. If so it was minimal.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
sorry bout that....im a little out of it right now...i think im going to start this diet next monday...might keep a log

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
No CKD. Been on a cyclic diet eating above maintainance for almost 6 months and have gained a substantial amount of muscle.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
D

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
CKD is a great plan...just remember, if you are carb-sensitive, or prefer to lose more weight, you should limit your carb day one per week. Also, you should take sesamin on low/no carb days, and AP, or Glucophase or whatever glucose shuttling/disposal agent you prefer on your carb up day(s). be very meticulous about your depletion workout and this diet will slice you up nicely. If you are only carbing one day per week, you can be pretty liberal with your choices of carb. Just bracket the ultra high GI carbs after your precarb-up workout. Drink plenty of good, no preservative, preferably dry-hopped beer on your carb up too. Great source of tiramine, b-vitamins, and relaxation.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
ok just so i have it straight..... Monday thru Friday, no carbs, high protein and high fat. Friday after workout until midnight saturday, 2300 carbs or something, high protein, low low fat. correct? i will be downing lots of xtend and glutamine to keep muscle haha and i will be using leviathan reloaded, lean xtreme, eform, and possibly DCP. should be pretty sweet

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
but as long as I am eating enough fat and keeping carbs very low this should not be a problem correct? i thought you would want bcaa's for this diet to spare as much muscle as possible...?

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I would supplement with Leucine as this is a ketogenic amino acid.

I was using 4-6 scoops of Xtend everyday and not hitting ketosis, so I think. I say I think because even now the keto strips change only ever so slightly, I can tell now because my mouth gets VERY dry and I can tell by the smell of my own breath ( wierd, I know )

I would pick up some ketostix and play around, thats basically how I found out what worked for me.

I also eliminated coffee from my diet as I cant drink it w/out atleast 1 cream and 1 pkt of splenda so that might have been the kicker since I eliminated both at the same time.

I've actually started to use the Xtend again but only 2 scoops mixed w/ 2 teaspoons of bulk during my WO

**EDIT**

Log it bro and throw me the link, i'd love to follow along and offer advice as you can def follow along in my log to give me advise.

Were all here to help each other better ourselves right? Otherwise we'd be on BB.com ragging on each other :rofl:

L

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I think it was the coffee that was doing it as DatBtrue posted a thread somewhere saying coffee and creamer raised his blood sugar by 9 points or something like that. Then when he used splenda is raised it like 6points. So the combo of the 2 would raise it like 14points, that may have been the culprit right there.

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Good call bro, didnt even put 2 and 2 together.

I did however switch to Green Tea which I have no problem drinking plain.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
i hope to do a log, as soon as i get a caliper to measure before and after bf percentages......is there a limit to how long youre supposed to be on this diet?

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
DiPasquale calls it a life style change and I BELIEVE that he says this is a life long diet.

I think once I can get my bodyfat to close to where it needs to be i'll try something like a 33/33/33 macro split.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
ok so i was doing some more research and there's another diet similar to this called the TKD diet. it seems to be about on the same level of fat loss but you dont have to do such drastic re-feeds on the weekend...what does everyone think of the TKD diet compared to the CKD?? results of both?

D

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
splenda packets have dextrose in them to "cut" it to the same volumetric sweetness of sugar...get straight sucralose, it won't effect blood sugar.

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
where does everyone get all their fat that this diet needs? you would have to eat like 30-40 grams of it per meal!! how do you do this? lol

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Not hard at all to eat fats - chz, EVOO, certain dressings, steak, almonds, PB, the list goes on and on

O

ofwolfandman

Awards
yea i got the walnuts out this morning and you dont have to eat a lot of them AT ALL to get about 20 grams of fat....thanks guys