16 year old weight loss...

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

16 year old weight loss...

Ok, im posting on my brothers account. Heres a short version of the story. Im about to be 17 and iv dropped about 30 pounds by just not eating as much, lifting as usual, and water. I went from 314 - 284. I need some tips on how to lose more weight as i am at a stand still. I try to workout atleast 2 times a week (i work 6 days a week so its kinda hard to do), drink tons of water, but the main problem is im not eating right. I know alot of the basics: protein, chicken breasts, tuna etc.. but i need some tips to try to eating alittle healthier and stop relying on stimulant x or thermo gen to pick up where i left off. Any comments would be great.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.24%

do as much cardio as possible.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

HIIT Cardio

Basically it's Calories / Energy out > Calories / Energy In. If your weight loss has stalled I would look mainly at your food intake. I would also up your muscle and also cardio. You need to Workout hard and sleep harder. Extremely high cortisol levels will put an end to your good losses.

Get a blood panel done.

~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
    • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

• Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

• Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

• Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

• Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

• Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

• Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc

~ Exercises ~
    • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

• Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

• Leg press

• Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

• Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.

This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

Here's some links to get you started:

Training Primer

HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 12STEP View Post
    Ok, im posting on my brothers account. Heres a short version of the story. Im about to be 17 and iv dropped about 30 pounds by just not eating as much, lifting as usual, and water. I went from 314 - 284. I need some tips on how to lose more weight as i am at a stand still. I try to workout atleast 2 times a week (i work 6 days a week so its kinda hard to do), drink tons of water, but the main problem is im not eating right. I know alot of the basics: protein, chicken breasts, tuna etc.. but i need some tips to try to eating alittle healthier and stop relying on stimulant x or thermo gen to pick up where i left off. Any comments would be great.
    You said it yourself man, you know what you got to do. Your best bet is to come up with a healthy diet plan and just pre-prep your food so that you can bring it with you while you work. Also you may really want to try to get workouts in more. I know it can be tough with work and school but at least get some cardio/slight lifting in at home (jumping jacks, pushups, bw squats, sit ups just to get your heart rate up on non activity days.)

Clean up your diet and results will come.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

Well its kinda hard to do cardio since we cancelled our membership to the gym. Cadio is really not that hard for me as i used to do serperate days at the gym 3 for lifting 2 for cardio and then switch it up the next week. We got a weightbench with the pullys and everything so you can do pull downs and all but i dont have a treadmill. Im fine with cardio on a treadmill or an eliptical but i really dont like running outside because i know thats what your next answer would be. I guess im just gonna have to get the membership back or start riding a bike around. By the way thanks for the comment, all this stuff is helping me as at school i havent really made alot of bad eating choices.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.93%

Wanna know what's been helping me? I started almost obese when I started bodybuilding and I'm almost down to a 13% bodyfat with my current cut. What's really helped me has been carb cycling. It's kept my metabolism high, and I'm more cut now than I have ever been in my life. Check out some variations of it, and even if you don't have the strictest version of it, go with the principle, with whole wheat pasta, brown rice, sweet potatoes and whatnot and it works great. good luck, and kudos for taking the initiative man.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 12:49 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 09:37 PM
  4. weight loss w/o muscle loss
    By axekick in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5