Bulking n` Cutting

Nelson

Wasn`t sure where to put this, but here it goes.
I`m fairly new to BB.
I have just about finished bulking and will start cutting in the New Year.
My question is this:
Are you guys always either on a bulking or a cutting cycle?
Can`t you just reach the desired BF% & then bulk cleanly whilst maintaining it?
Does anyone stick to a clean bulking cycles for long periods, then do short cutting cycles?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can get to a place where maintenance is the majority of your effort but I am not yet there.....

Blindfaith

Awards
that is only really achievable if you are taking juice and maybe some thyroid hormones....other than that...you kinda gotta do either or.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Guys, you can live at a maintenance level. It is possible.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is only really achievable if you are taking juice and maybe some thyroid hormones....other than that...you kinda gotta do either or.
Umm...no thats not true at all. I do prolonged clean bulking cycles all the time. You just have to assess your carb tolerance and this takes time. Usually its a trial and error thing and once you know, you can easily pack it on without putting on the fat.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
c'mon fellas. there's more than cutting and bulking when talking about someone's diet/training regime/goals. Maintanence is all about personal preference. Example: if a dude feels his bf% is at a level where they neither want to increase or decrease, and combined with size which they feel is the right size for their liking...thats where maintenance lies. Its more common than most people make it out to be. Sure, to be able to say "i dont need to bulk or cut" takes lots of work to get to that physique but to totally dimiss the idea of "maintanence" level, isnt correct. There are three stages of fitness path to your goals...not two.